• 6 replies
    • 158 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. Higgs gets top prize

• 7 replies
    • 106 replies
    • 68 replies
    • 12 replies
    • Stephen Lee fixed matches, Higgins didn't. That's why they received different punishments.  It was a complex case, inaccurately reported at the time, and the full details convinced both the head of the police investigation and the head of the sporting tribunal that Higgins' explanations were credible, and corroborated by both the News of the World, who did the sting, and his business partner, who was the person actually engaging in corruption.  https://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/09/21/revealed-why-john-higgins-was-cleared-of-match-fixing-because-the-evidence-including-a-statement-from-mazher-mahmood-told-the-full-story-210901/ The stuff that made Higgins look bad, and it really did, came entirely from the reporting and selective video editing of a newspaper so famously disreputable that it no longer exists. 
    • Its not the bottom line though , it can only be used to criticise when taken out of context 
    • He shouldn't be opening himself up to criticism by saying he's terrified of losing his place and not handing in performances to ensure he doesn't. That's the fucking bottom line mate. That's my overall gripe, if you want to have a go at me for that, batter in, I've made my point quite clear by now. Whether it's taking him out of context or not, don't speak, just act. I'm no game for arguing over this any further, me and you will still be here, he won't 🤷🏻
    • But you dont know what hes doing in training and after training (the context of the clip if you bothered watching)  If you simply wanted to have a go at him for playing shite i wouldnt be quoting you , but youve unfairly used out of context clips to do so and its unfair 
  • Popular Contributors