The Rhags, Whats the fans thoughts?

flecky1

Mhedia  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy any newspapers?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you believe what you read? (Or what you hear they write if you dont buy them)

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Is there an Agenda against Rangers FC?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Should our club challenge these rat catchers?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Would the club have your support if they spoke out against the mHedia?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Is dignified silence the right way to handle things?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Where do you get your Rangers information/news?

• Papers
    • Rangers News or Club website
    • Fans forums

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres been alot of debate on this issue

Im just wondering why any Rangers fan would buy a newspaper?

Please tell me/us

And Page 3 is not an excuse, your still giving them your money and keeping those ar**holes in a job.

Do Rangers fans have a point about unfair coverage of our club?

Reading one of the heavyweights is a key component of the lazy, non footballing weekend day for me.

I do not buy newspapers as I can read them all on the internet.

I dont want to see us as supporters being mopish or paranoid and thinking the whole world is against us in the mhedia. Yes we are under pressure just now and some articles seem that way, but c'mon now with the financial problems at Ibrox the mhedia are always going to come up with things that are sensational to sell papers.

Do not believe most of what they spin. Keep calm as all this will be sorted out in time.

I read newspapers - not tabloids.

Politics Student Loyal :pipe:

Anyway, we're above the Celtic way of coming out and bitching about the mhedia.

It's not going to change anything, it'll just make it worse.

So let's just sit back on our high horses and ride to two in a row :)

I trust most of what I read off the BBC website. Certain broadsheets are ok but the rags are all shite, have not read them for years. I trust the Scotsman as of yet I've not seen any bullshit from them... if any of yous have an example of the Scotsman against us I would be interested to know?

Club website is all good, I'll listen to whats on this forum but take some of it with a pinch of salt.

As for standing up it sounds like a good idea but could it back fire, I'm not denying something should be said but would it exacerbate the situation of put a stop to it?

Please tell me/us

And Page 3 is not an excuse, your still giving them your money and keeping those ar**holes in a job.

Reading one of the heavyweights is a key component of the lazy, non footballing weekend day for me.

i hate non footballing weekends, they are so boring!

:)

(tu)

Do I buy newspappers - YES!

Do I believe what I read? Maybe - depends on subject, paper, journalist and other input I have from 'other' sources.

Is there an agenda against Rangers? Maybe - Maybe some journalists have it in for us - is there institutionalised bias - NO!

Should our club challenge these rat catchers? Didnt even want to grace that question with a reply as it assumes a position and does not just seek opinion but tries to force an opinion. BUT Maybe, on occasion they should, but in general they do come out WHEN needed - I do NOT want them coming out to refute or comment on every bloody story in the paper, true or otherwise!

Would I support the club if they spoke out? Maybe - see answer just above. The cub to NOT need to react to every rumour!

Is dignified silence the right way to handle things? Maybe - and in our case mainly yes - to repeat the club should NOT respond to every rumour printed.

Where do I get my information about rangers? Everywhere I can! - Papers, TV, Forums, Official Club Site, the bus queue and my mate who knows someone, who works with someone, whose dad is connected to someone in the ticket office at the club (In fact I get my best info from that 'source')!

I hope this helps when you do you 'analysis'

- although I feel with the slant you have put on the questions I could write it now on your behalf.

Bhead rhattling mhedia schum has bhias ahgainst Rangers and all mhedia (except RM and even then only selected posters) should be bhoycotted (I am proud of that one) and the jhornolists should all be hung drahwn and quhartered!

Please tell me/us

TRUE why should we.

Of course there's an agenda against Rangers. The most blatant of lies came in a newspaper article just recently. An article about football banning orders. This paper claimed Rangers had 16 banning orders given out and "there's" was a significantly less amount, when in actual fact we have only had 11 banning orders against our supporters whilst "they" have a couple more. It's scandalous. I am 100% behind the club should it choose to act. Number one on the agenda should be a banning order for that bawbag that is Graham Spiers from Ibrox. The cunt shouldn't be within 100 metres of our club.