Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TunnyLoyal

Travel Club

345 posts in this topic

I often get PM's asking how the Travel Club works. Here is a brief description of how the Rangers European Travel Club works.

Cost: £8 to season ticket holders.

£25 to non season ticket holders.

When can you apply?: On the application form for your season ticket and sometimes they open applications through the season but not regularly.

How the point system works: Every European away match you go to through the Travel Club you get a point. If you apply and get rejected due to your point score not making the cut off you get a point anyway and sometimes nearer the time of match they might contact you offering a ticket if they get more from home team or if there is cancellations.

i.e. If there is 5000 members in the Travel Club and Stuttgart give us 5000 tickets then all members will have the chance of getting a ticket. If Stuttgart only gave us 1000 tickets then a cut off has to be brought into place so that only members with say 7 points and above will get a chance of a ticket.

Travel official with Rangers: Usually slightly dearer that any independant routes but it is generally reliable. The usual procedure is a day trip (cheapest option), Over night stay (2nd dearest option|) and 2 night stay (dearest option).

You will either get an email from Rangers telling you how many points you have and asking you to apply online or they will phone you asking you to apply.

Independent travel: You apply to Rangers asking for just a ticket. In the past you would just show Rangers your flight itinerary as proof of travel but they have tightened that up and are now wanting members to collect tickets on match day in European country at a central hotel by showing their Travel Club card as proof.

If there is anything that I have missed then fire away and post it people.

Hope this helps first timers. (tu)

P.s. Buy this big lanky bassa a pint if you see him on your euro tours. :beer1:

Good description most of which you have already explained to me mate.

Pinned this while season ticket sales are taking place as it will help people decide if they are going to apply.

Pinned this while season ticket sales are taking place as it will help people decide if they are going to apply.

Was just about to pin it.

Thanks. (tu)

Great bit of info here for people interested in joining.

you got enough beer off the KP LOYAL in sevilla when you were a billy no mates :P

you got enough beer off the KP LOYAL in sevilla when you were a billy no mates :P

You must be mad! I shared a room with ASBO remember! He drank all my swally! :pipe:

1 person likes this

Was just about to pin it.

Thanks. (tu)

wait you know how to use the board features ? :craphead:

1 person likes this

Shut it newbie! :P

I often get PM's asking how the Travel Club works. Here is a brief description of how the Rangers European Travel Club works.

Cost: £12 to season ticket holders.

When can you apply?: On the application form for your season ticket and sometimes they open applications through the season but not regularly.

How the point system works: Every European away match you go to through the Travel Club you get a point. If you apply and get rejected due to your point score not making the cut off you get a point anyway and sometimes nearer the time of match they might contact you offering a ticket if they get more from home team or if there is cancellations.

i.e. If there is 5000 members in the Travel Club and Stuttgart give us 5000 tickets then all members will have the chance of getting a ticket. If Stuttgart only gave us 1000 tickets then a cut off has to be brought into place so that only members with say 7 points and above will get a chance of a ticket.

Travel official with Rangers: Usually slightly dearer that any independant routes but it is generally reliable. The usual procedure is a day trip (cheapest option), Over night stay (2nd dearest option|) and 2 night stay (dearest option).

You will either get an email from Rangers telling you how many points you have and asking you to apply online or they will phone you asking you to apply.

Independent travel: You apply to Rangers asking for just a ticket. In the past you would just show Rangers your flight itinerary as proof of travel but they have tightened that up and are now wanting members to collect tickets on match day in European country at a central hotel by showing their Travel Club card as proof.

Excellently set out..........

You must be mad! I shared a room with ASBO remember! He drank all my swally! :pipe:

if you get me a hibs ticket i will buy you 2 pints (of water) (tap water)

Excellently set out..........

Why thank you silver. :D

The gaffer is in the thread as we speak. You better ask him. :wink:

Shut it newbie! :P

I'll remember that when you all come asking for help :sherlock:

Anyway its good info :wink:

The gaffer is in the thread as we speak. You better ask him. :wink:

think hes the only guy ive not got any scandal on so i could be struggling

Independant travel: You apply to Rangers asking for just a ticket. In the past you would just show Rangers your flight itinerary as proof of travel but they have tightened that up and are now wanting members to collect tickets on match day in European country at a central hotel by showing their Travel Club card as proof.

Excellent explanantion , Thanks

Nice one Gary, very well explained.

One little note though, i hear that the cost of joining this year is to be reduced to £8. (tu)

£8 is really nothing even if your not sure if your going to go or not really :lol:

What's the chances of someone joining for the first time gettin any tickets in their first year?

Every chance. In my first year in the club I got all 3 euro away champs league games.

One little note though, i hear that the cost of joining this year is to be reduced to £8. (tu)

Excellent! Thanks for the info, Lee.

How much for non season ticket holders?

Excellent! Thanks for the info, Lee.

How much for non season ticket holders?

Not sure mate, may not be a reduction in that price. Think they are trying to encourage more season ticket holders to join.

What's the chances of someone joining for the first time gettin any tickets in their first year?

The chances are OK, but it all depends on who we draw.

Good explanation Gary, there are a few other issues that can be a bit confusing. Like some trips you will deffo get an independent ticket but only highly pointed members can get on the Travel Club flight (due to difficulties getting aircraft at short notice and in the holiday season, like Belgrade 2007).

There has also been at least one trip (and I suspect more) where people on zero points were accepted on the Travel Club flights when independents with points were turned down.

But I hate to complicate matters :pipe:

Edited by *Manticore*

The chances are OK, but it all depends on who we draw.

Good explanation Gary, there are a few other issues that can be a bit confusing. Like some trips you will deffo get an independent ticket but only highly pointed members can get on the Travel Club flight (due to difficulties getting aircraft at short notice and in the holiday season, like Belgrade 2007).

There has also been at least one trip (and I suspect more) where people on zero points were accepted on the Travel Club flights when independents with points were turned down.

But I hate to comlpicate matters :pipe:

That's very true mate. Was that not the case with Romania this season? One of our boys got a TC ticket on 0 points but sure i remember people with quite a few points being knocked back for Indie.