Rangers in Sydney

Ozblue

Confirmed dates today. Sydney Football Stadium. 3 double headers, with Rangers, Sydney F.C., Blackburn Rovers and AEK Athens.

Sunday 25th July...Wednesday 28th July...Saturday 31st July.

Sounds good to me.:clap:(tu):21:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, OzBlue.

This thing seems to change every day! Actually, I rang them yesterday and asked if anything was confirmed yet and they said no. Looks like good news today. On a couple of forums they were also saying Boca were out but Olympiakos were in. Interesting development.

I also assumed that all of the matches would be over two days at the weekend but I think I prefer this.

It was on the news that AEK Athens is definitely in...which is a bugger because I would have liked to see Requelme play in the flesh...But AEK will be ok....The STATE GOVERNMENT (would you believe) is making an announcement tomorrow about the final set-up for it. I'll post as soon as I hear what it is.

It was on the news that AEK Athens is definitely in...which is a bugger because I would have liked to see Requelme play in the flesh...But AEK will be ok....The STATE GOVERNMENT (would you believe) is making an announcement tomorrow about the final set-up for it. I'll post as soon as I hear what it is.

Kristina Keneally stimulating the NSW economy :wink:

Also, if a number of RMers are considering going to this would anyone be interested in meeting up before one of the games for an RM meet? I've only met a couple of Bears from the board on their travels.

Kristina Keneally stimulating the NSW economy :wink:

Good idea. I'm up for it, although the only boozer anywhere near is the Fox & Lion (although that is fine)

EDIT: And Captain Cook, or whatever it is called but it looks a hole from the outside.

Where and when are tickets available?

OzBlue or I will post when we know but it will certainly be on Ticketek if it is at the SFS (or ANZ for that matter). I'll be very interested to see the prices with the Everton friendly being $50, $99 and $140.

Going back to the AEK comment, yeah, it is fine. I would have preferred Boca or even better, Olympiakos (I used to live in Greece and occasionally went to see them) but to be honest, I really don't care. I would go if it was against Accrington Stanley.

Was also hoping it was over a weekend as me my brother and uncles are all travelling up from Melbourne, do you know who is playing on the dates above?

Also post where you are sitting so we can get together in the ground as well.

A get together would be good before and after the game Party Party Party.

Apparently it is being announced by the NSW Government as part of the publicity plan to get the World Cup to Australia in 2018 or 2022.As soon as any of us get the final details, it will be on here pronto...Guaranteed(tu)

Was also hoping it was over a weekend as me my brother and uncles are all travelling up from Melbourne, do you know who is playing on the dates above?

Also post where you are sitting so we can get together in the ground as well.

A get together would be good before and after the game Party Party Party.

My understanding is that all teams will play on all three days; two matches per day.

With Ticketek you can actually 'reserve' seats next to you for a couple of days. That could be an idea. Let's see when we know more.

we really need to get enough gers along and in the one area, get a good atmosphere cracking...may be an idea to contact sydney rsc to see where they plan on sitting...cant wait, will be taking the week off to fully enjoy!

It was in todays Telegraph and on the radio at lunchtime.As I said, the official announcement is going to come from the State Government tomorrow (Allegedly)...All the details will be posted on this thread as soon as we get them to hand.(tu)

Think Boca would've been a better experience for the players, facing a South American team.

IMHO, we need more practise against European opposition, not South Americans :wink:

Good point. I was just thinking along the lines of the South American's may be able to show a few of our players what a first touch is. :lol:

Ffsssssss! What gd is playing in australia? Against blackburn too ffs.. No chirpy.. Not 1 gd away trip this year..

Pompey loyal.

Fantastic facilities, great weather, beautiful women, cold beer, excellent beaches, large multi-cultural footballing community to promote our Club to, it's not Boston, the bheggars won't be here, I get to have a sash-bash and a night on the tiles in Ol'Sydney Town.....

Jealous much?? :pipe: