Ozblue's Blog: Sydney - The "Riot" that never was.

The actual score between AEK and Sydney FC was 6-3 to AEK, so they get 9pts for that game...3pts for a win and 1pt for each goal.superleague_4_310x230.jpg

There seems to be a bit of confusion as to what caused the friction between" The Cove", who are the die-hard fans of Sydney FC and us Rangers fans at the SFS on Sunday, so here is how I saw it from where we were standing about 30 yards away from the Sydney boys, basically being the closest Rangers fans to them.

View the full article

Good article mate, I havent a clue what the rhags have been saying about it cos I dont go anywhere near them but its good to hear a sensible account of it from somebody that was there (tu)

Sounds like a great day out that was nearly spoiled by 2 or 3 morons but thankfully wasnt. The guy waving the shirt about sounds like a fuckin idiot, as does the guy that tried to "confront" him - best way to respond to it is just to drown him out and laugh at him til he spits the dummy and gets himself papped oot, and it sounds like you and your fellow Bears were doin a pretty good job of that :uk:

Of course the Aussies are right, in the same way we wouldnt put up with other people's political/football/historical grievances affecting our enjoyment of a football match here - we've got enough of our own to worry about like Im sure they have!

it was only 5-3 for athens....sorry to be picky

Yea mate. my apologies for that but the scoreboard read 6-3 to Athens at full time and my daft fucking mate was adamant that it was 6-3, because i went to the bar for the beers and when i came back he said that AEK had scored twice.....he must have been watching the replay of a goal on the big screen...fucking numpty. doh:anguish:

it was only 5-3 for athens....sorry to be picky

Yea mate. my apologies for that but the scoreboard read 6-3 to Athens at full time and my daft fucking mate was adamant that it was 6-3, because i went to the bar for the beers and when i came back he said that AEK had scored twice.....he must have been watching the replay of a goal on the big screen...fucking numpty. doh:anguish:

You were not the only one mate, my mate also said it was 6-3. I assumed my buddy was too drunk when he told me 6-3 but the score board did say it. They are not good with counting here in Australia ;)