Laffery career on the line?

ShaneRalfRoss

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think everone needs to calm down when it comes to laffs , he has obvious ability just tries to hard but it's asif some fans want to see him fail, anyone who pulls on the rangers top should be supported

Obvious ability? You sir are a very funny man.

Don't like him. He has had plenty of chances to prove himself and he ends up making an arse of himself at every turn. I think he's a player of limited ability.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

I will say this in Lafferty's defense.

He is not a winger. He is not a wide player. Playing him on the wing is a waste of time. Either play him down the middle or not at all. With Weiss in for the season it's looking more and more likely that he'll struggle to get picked. Only time he'll start is if Weiss is injured or in a cup game maybe.

I think the refs need to take more control of the games. The number of players who walk away shrugging their shoulders when the ref is about to caution them is atrocious. If players that mob him and don't disperse after the he tells them a number of times to, I think he should book them. The Ref on Sunday did not have good control of the game, as soon as I saw him give Sol Bamba the free kick for climbing on Miller I knew there would be questionable decisions

Very well said! (And sorry for calling you mate the other day... didn't check...) Nothing wrong with that.. just felt a wee bit silly -- sorry.

Hope the job hunting is going well.. best of luck!

Get him to Fuck!!!!! :angry:

How embarrassing for you. Lafferty's time to date has been a bit of a roller coaster, but what right minded supporter wouldn't want the guy to come good and deliver on that potential for The Rangers on a regular basis.

Have a word with yourself FFS.

The boy obviously ain't a winger, but if he wants to stay in the team he's really going to have to pull his socks up. Hopefully the new signings and the weekend will be a massive kick up the arse for him and he'll knuckle down and prove to everyone that he deserves a starting place.

line

By DEREK McGREGOR

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

RSS Share it Email Print

KYLE LAFFERTY has admitted his future at Rangers is up in the air.

The hitman's red card at Easter Road on Sunday was another nightmare moment in a troubled two-year stint at Ibrox.

Gers won't appeal against the decsion and Laff's one-match ban leaves him facing a fight with new boys Vladimir Weiss, James Beattie and Nikica Jelavic to get back in the side.

Boss Walter Smith has warned the Northern Ireland ace his discipline must improve after he saw red for the clash with Kevin McBride.

Lafferty said: "I don't want to leave this club. It meant everything for me to join Rangers.

"But I realise the only way I can make sure I stay at Ibrox is to perform well on a regular basis.

"If my discipline isn't right, though, then I put all of my hopes at risk."

SunSport can reveal Smith had a private pep-talk yesterday with Lafferty after his warning.

Lafferty added: "I've ended up getting stupidly sent off and I could have lost the game for the team.

"I'm really disappointed with the first red card of my Rangers career.

"Now I'm just going to have to accept my ban and move on.

"It's a massive season for everybody here and with three new signings the competition for places up front is intense. Vladimir, James and Nikica are quality signings and I've got my work cut out to get my place back.

"I've got to work even harder to make sure I stay in the manager's plans."

Lafferty reckons the red card from ref Iain Brines was harsh. He went on: "I thought it should've just been a yellow card each, but the referee seemed to make up his mind early on.

"I know my initial tackle looked bad. But having watched TV replays I think the red was harsh.

"I did go over the top of Liam Miller, but that was because I pulled out the tackle as I was going in.

"I admit I reacted badly after being hit with the ball by McBride, but I think in that situation most players would have done the same."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3108692/My-Gers-careers-on-the-line.html

First mistake Big Man - admit to nothing in this Rangers-hating backwater - the Taig media will drag this admission out time after time in the future and use it against you.

A yellow card would have sufficed (Brines is a bastard anyway) and he should have said, "I've no idea why the referee deemed it a red" or some such.

Secondly - have a quiet word with your manager and ask him to stop shoving you out wide on the left wing. If he can't play you to your strengths - find another club son before Smith fucking ruins you.

Big Kyle the new Kris Boyd forum space filler replacement, he must have or will soon pass the number of threads about Boyd, and all regurgatating the same old stuff, Walter will decide, or not , Kyles Rangers fate, after all he splashed the cash.

He's probably best away from here as there's a section of the support who seem to turn up to games purely to moan about him, whether he's playing well or not. There seems to be some people who want him to fail, for some unknown reason.

He's shown he can beat a man, he's shown he can finish, now he needs to do both more often and more consistently and he will be an asset to the team.

He's probably best away from here as there's a section of the support who seem to turn up to games purely to moan about him, whether he's playing well or not.

As far back as I can recall in going to see The Rangers, way back into the 60's, we have always had players subject to ridiculous criticism when they play. I can't think of a single instance where it would have helped the player (and therefore the team) so not only have I never understood it - but wish these supporters would at least haud ther weesht during games.

This is what lafferty has to put up with. With scots pundits. I know the big man needs to get his act together but this vid says it all for me. Brown headbutts lafferty and lafferty gets the blame.

I think we need to get behind him rather than jumping on the band wagon.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZKlelKo5yI&feature=related

IMO, he should be given a run of games in his natural position which is up top as a Striker, until then I will not give a verdict, I'm right behind the big man :lafferty: :party:

this isn't an excuse anymore IMO.

He's played as many, if not more, games throughout his career as a wide man and when he's played upfront I actually think he's been worse than when he's played on the left.

I'd sell Lafferty for the £750k that West Brom are meant to be offering for Miller at this point, honestly.

I thought he'd taken one step forward in pre-season, but that was two or three back against Hibs.

this isn't an excuse anymore IMO.

He's played as many, if not more, games throughout his career as a wide man and when he's played upfront I actually think he's been worse than when he's played on the left.

He's played about 80% of his professional career as a winger, the excuse simply does not wash any more.

He's probably best away from here as there's a section of the support who seem to turn up to games purely to moan about him, whether he's playing well or not. There seems to be some people who want him to fail, for some unknown reason.

He's shown he can beat a man, he's shown he can finish, now he needs to do both more often and more consistently and he will be an asset to the team.

The fans fault again?

I've seen Lafferty get plenty of backing from our fans at games, probably more than he deserves. But some people have just had enough.