Transfer Window

Ted E Bayer

5pm in England and 12 midnight in Scotland I think

So do you think that means we'd need to have a deal done by 5pm if we were signing someone from England then? I guess the extra seven hours would only be viable for transfers within Scotland and countries whose window was also open until midnight.

So do you think that means we'd need to have a deal done by 5pm if we were signing someone from England then? I guess the extra seven hours would only be viable for transfers within Scotland and countries whose window was also open until midnight.

Why so?

Does the English transfer window need to be open for a Scottish Club to sign a player from an English Club?

If yes, why?

Why so?

Does the English transfer window need to be open for a Scottish Club to sign a player from an English Club?

If yes, why?

I'm not entirely sure. I always thought that the transfer window covered transfers in and out of clubs, so if the English had shut up shop, then it may prevent their players leaving. I'm really not sure though, I posted it to get clarification.

I'm not entirely sure. I always thought that the transfer window covered transfers in and out of clubs, so if the English had shut up shop, then it may prevent their players leaving. I'm really not sure though, I posted it to get clarification.

Scotland can still sign players from England when there windows shuts. it happened last season with keane going to them.

Scotland can still sign players from England when there windows shuts. it happened last season with keane going to them.

That was done in the January window, at the very arse end of it. But it was still open nonetheless.

You can sign a player who is out of contract outwith the window though.

I presumed it is to do with registering the player with the national FA.