Incompetent Refereeing v Motherwell

Oso

My biggest bugbear with the incompetence of the referee yesterday was the fact that when two Motherwell players were injured stopping Kenny Millers shot in the first half, he let them stay on after being treated. The only saving grace is that he was consistently missing the rule and did the same when Naismith got clattered by the goalkeeper, albeit fairly as they were both going for the ball, in the second half.

Top flight football needs better refereeing Mr Dallas. Pull yer finger out!

My biggest bugbear with the incompetence of the referee yesterday was the fact that when two Motherwell players were injured stopping Kenny Millers shot in the first half, he let them stay on after being treated. The only saving grace is that he was consistently missing the rule and did the same when Naismith got clattered by the goalkeeper, albeit fairly as they were both going for the ball, in the second half.

Top flight football needs better refereeing Mr Dallas. Pull yer finger out!

I thought the same at the time, but having had a wee peek at the laws of football, he was correct to allow the motherwell players to stay on the park as they had collided with each other. Not sure why Naismith was allowed to stay on though.

The rules were change at the start of the season by uefa, if two players or more require treatment at the same time, then they no longer have to leave the field of play. So in this case the referee was correct unlike some other decisions he made.

The rules were change at the start of the season by uefa, if two players or more require treatment at the same time, then they no longer have to leave the field of play. So in this case the referee was correct unlike some other decisions he made.

true unless there is a head injury then they must leave the field

So in theory if someone is injured could his team mate feign injury then both won't need to leave the field of play?

I think the rule only comes in to play if two players on the same team collide with each other. Two separate injuries means they both still have to go off i think.

I think the rule only comes in to play if two players on the same team collide with each other. Two separate injuries means they both still have to go off i think.

Correct. Only if they have been injured due to a collision between themselves.

Correct. Only if they have been injured due to a collision between themselves.

It is a stupid rule which often penalises the team whose player is a victim of a foul. Even more nonsensical if a goalie and an opposition player are injured in a collision: goalkeepers do not have to go off while an outfield player has to(usually).

The referee was awful.

If an outfield player recieves treatment, they must go off the park, then be waved back on.

No, if it iinvolves 2 players form the same team they are allowed to stay on after treatment. That case they will be down to 9 players, at minimum for a short period of the game in which the opposision team could have a free kick just outside the area, and score with it. Unfair advantage.

So in theory if someone is injured could his team mate feign injury then both won't need to leave the field of play?

Yes

Correct, unless one involves the goalkeeper, such as yesterday, where i think naisy and their keeper (but the ref told naisy to stay on)