• HARRISON ROUNDS 10-12
    • HAYE ON POINTS
    • HARRISON ON POINTS
    • DRAW

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't looking forward to this and I wasn't going to buy it but I just might now.

What's the undercard?

trying to find details, the manny fight is the one i'm starting to look forward to more, This is gonna be a good 24 hours, sheep at home and 2 fights to give me an excuse to stay up till 5am ahhh blisshh.gifhh.gifhh.gifhh.gifhh.gifhh.gifhh.gifhh.gifhh.gifhh.gifhh.gifhh.gif

Haye deserves to lose this, purely for taking this joke of a fight, after all his antics with wanting to fight the Klitschkos. He's talked the talk, but not walked the walk. Took the easy money fight, and well... no sympathy from me if Harrison pulls off a shock. I want that to happen, it won't though. This should be a very easy win for Haye.

I do however strongly fancy Margarito to beat Pacquiao. Pac is an amazing fighter, but he's up at LMW now. Margarito is a very tough guy, limited but does what he does well. I question if Pac has the power to keep Margarito off, he certainly has the skills to get by the first few rounds trouble free, and will have no trouble finding angles to get off on, as Marg has never been particularly hard to hit. However Marg is always a slow starter, and is one of the most durable fighters in boxing with an amazing ability to take punishment. As tiredness starts to set in, will Pac have the movement and power to keep Marg off in the later rounds. I have my doubts.

This is potentially Pacs toughest test yet, against easily the biggest and strongest opponent he's ever faced. I think the Mosely fight is a false indicator of Margarito as that was a fighter who's head was not there for other reasons, and I think he's largely been written off because of that and the hand wrap scandal (something I think was of negligible value to Marg).

I'll respectfully disagree with both of those points. Here's why:

1) Although nobody outside the camps will know exactly what was said during negotiations, the general consensus is that any fight with the Klitschko's would be staged in Germany with the tv money being split 50-50 and the klitschko's taking a higher percentage of the purse than Haye. This is fair enough considering they have been dominating the division for years and Haye has been somewhat fast-tracked to the top.

The problem comes when they wanted him to fight wladamir, then if he won fight vitali, then if he won fight wladamir again. I think Haye would accept a fight with vitali if he beat wladamir but not as part of the same contract, and why should he? He would have 3 of the 4 belts and would be well within his rights to demand at least 50% of the purse and have the fight in Britain. For him to fight the klitschko's 3 times in Germany, under a contract dictated by the klitschko's and getting paid less money is ridiculous.

Fighting Audley is a sensible option as it makes Haye even more high profile with the british public, while wlad and vitali struggle to make fights that anybody cares about (briggs/chisora). By the new year the public will be demanding this fight more than ever and the spotlight will be on wladamir to take a fight with haye with a reasonable contract. I have no doubts this fight will happen if/when Haye beats Harrison.

2) Surely Pacquiao is too smart to be walked down and smothered with punches by somebody as one dimensional as margarito? Obviously Margarito is bigger and naturally stronger but this will only benefit him if he manages to wrestle and hold Pacquiao. I think Pacquiao's footwork will see him buzz around Margarito all night and pick him apart like he did to De La Hoya, finally forcing the ref to step in late on.