Ultra Group/ Supporter Group in Govan Front?

dycdylan11

Ultra Group in the Govan Front  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an Ultra Group in the Govan Front?

Tbh ive now sat next to TBO and UB and for me altho its not a competition there is no comparison. I dont know wether its because those around TBO are more willing to join in but in CR1 and 2 hardly anyone seems to want to sing. The Valencia game was ok-ish up there but the Bursaspor game was rather poor atmosphere wise. I used to have my season ticket in the corner between govan and copland but even in there now seems rather poor. It used to be a great wee section.

I think the club need to concentrate on getting the supporters groups together and as one, as i know a few fans up in CR1 have gave UB a bit of grief for trying to create an atmosphere. Its not me knocking the UB here far from it, i just think they need to be nearer like minded individuals who want to create an atmosphere.

Altho the club would maybe relocate them to the Broomloan and we know the UB do not want to sit there. So fuck knows what we can do. Iron out the problems the 2 main groups have just now before tackiling the Govan imo anyway

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have stated that it would be better to join one of the existing groups and make them stronger.

I understand what your saying but why should they need to join an existing one if they have the potential to make another one work ?

TBO and UB are great, but if people want to create another one for the Govan then I dont see why not. TBO and UB arent their problem at the end of the day.

If they did go ahead and make this 'ultra' / supporters group then I really hope it does work otherwise they may aswell have joined an existing one like you already said.

Voted no .

Just from recent history two groups have have started in GF1 and both gave up .

All the lads either went to TBO or the UBs reason apathy from the rest of the bears in the Govan .

Something to keep in mind mate both of the above group of guys had loads of hassle trying to get a group going .

And the UBs are still getting it 3 years on its hard going i kid you not .

So i would say join one of the groups and help them bring the noise back .

But good luck anyhoo .

I can't think of a worse area to have it <cr>

Why would Rangers move premium paying customers to make way for a singing section?

There are reasons most groups are located in the cheaper area of the grounds.

a) The more vocal tend not to be concerned about having a perfect view

b) The more vocal would rather pay the least possible for a ticket :lol:

It would be good if both groups could have a reserved section right along the back of the Copland Rear have a it a few rows down aswell , then the whole of the rear has a bit singing then more people would be likely to join in. The UB's do a great job in bringing a bit of atmosphere in the Copland but it doesn't to make it right along the whole of the stand , seems to get into the middleish where I sit then fade away.

If they did do this , then anyone who has to get moved move them to the section the UB's have atm.

Thoughts?

• 3 months later...

We have a group in the Copland who I didn't know existed untill I joined RM as i've never heard them sing. TBO look to have an average age of 18 which may be the reason they aren't attracting many people.

Something has to be done

Would like to hear people's thoughts, ideas etc on this

I am in the Govan Front - dont you dare wake me and my mates out of our slumber!!

"Last to Sing Loyal"

(Actualy I would be up for it - would even move my seat for that)