Should David Weir be inducted into the Rangers Hall of Fame?

Railcard

David Weir - HOF?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should Captain David Weir be a Hall of Famer

• Yes, he has made such a contribution since PLG
    • No, He is not good enough

Since joining the team 14 odd points behind

David Weir played as rangers beat celtic twice that season

then next season 2 cups and a uefa cup final

1 league and 1 cup as captain

1 league and 1 cup as captain played every minute of league campaign at 39/40 and won player of the year

I vote yes

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a yes from me, although his is fading fast he has been a rock since signing, one of if not Smiths best since he came back, he has also shown he knows what it means to be a Rangers captain and is the only Rangers captain in my life time to lead a Rangers side out in a European final!

Which raises the question, what are the chances of Kenny Miller being inducted?

I like Miller, but despite his goals, maybe that would be a step to far... after all he has played for 'them'.

eh, miller, now u are defo mad. :chopometer:

Criteria

1 Service to the club

2 Appearances made

3 Honours won

4 International caps gained whilst at the club

5 Exceptional ability.

Weirs criteria,

1. Not all that long. Came when finished in the premiership.

2. Not been here long enough to have anything major.

3. Yes, pretty good.

4. To old to be playing regularly 4 the scots, although got a few.

5. Eh, for a defender when he was 15 years younger, aye pretty good.

All in all not a hall of famer !

Who votes for the hall of fame?

Each year more names are added by a panel consisting of selected ex-Rangers legends. The current members are John Greig, Sandy Jardine and Ally McCoist, all of whom are themselves Hall of Fame members, club historian David Mason, Jim Templeton, President of the Rangers Supporters Assembly and David Murray himself.

The Hall of Fame is ridiculous now. Ray Wilkins in it despite only playing for us for 2 years, and it's not like he was Brian Laudrup.

Weir is obviously deserving if the likes of Wilkins can get into it, but i don't see him as a legend. More of a 'cult figure' or 'modern legend'

1. Played one season less than Amoruso.

2. Just made his 200th appearance against Celtic. More than Gascoigne, Laudrup etc.

3. 2 League Titles, 2 League Cups, 2 Scottish Cups, more than some have won.

4. How many caps did Amoruso win while at Rangers.

5. His ability has been on show, and playes like Bougherra and Cuellar have been better players from being around him.

that`s one whole less season than amo, hasn`t had us off our feet like gazza n laudrup, yep we know the trophies are good, amo italian weir scottish, yep players in the cb position benefited from him,

once again not a hall of famer !

:nukepiggary: :chopometer:

that`s one whole less season than amo, hasn`t had us off our feet like gazza n laudrup, yep we know the trophies are good, amo italian weir scottish, yep players in the cb position benefited from him,

once again not a hall of famer !

:nukepiggary: :chopometer:

In my opinion, anyone in a Rangers shirt (let alone a captain's armband) caught calling a fellow professional a "black bastard" should never have been considered for the Hall Of Fame.

Which raises the question, what are the chances of Kenny Miller being inducted?

I like Miller, but despite his goals, maybe that would be a step to far... after all he has played for 'them'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tully_Craig

Tully Craig played for Celtic as well, does that exclude him? True though Conn should not be in the Hall of Fame, not a great player at all.

easy yes for me, has been our main player for 4 seasons now, has guided our great threw some hard times along with walter, also took us to manchester. Has made more appearnces at a later age than most make in their peak. Is the perfect role model for the club and is the perfect model of a rangers captain. For someone who was brought in to do a 6 month job, and is now going on 4 years, and will have a minimun of 6 trophies and a european runners up medal to show that, its truely amazing. Also for the fact he always stepped up when his country needed him, when he could have said no, may not have anything to do with the gers hall of fame but thats what kind of man weir is.

Off the top of my head Tully Craig and Billy McCandless should be on the list, and Alfie Conn should be no where fucking near it!

Its ridiculous to think he's actually in there next to the likes of John Greig and Richard Gough.

Off the top of my head Tully Craig and Billy McCandless should be on the list, and Alfie Conn should be no where fucking near it!

I actually offered this opinion previously and got slated for it.

Not only should Alfie Conn not be on it in my opinion, but if he is then so should Tully Craig.

How the hell Billy McCandless is omitted from the HoF is beyond my comprehension when I see others who have came nowhere near what that man achieved at the Rangers...and while I'm on my soap-box, why the hell isn't Bert Manderson in the HoF either?

No idea who Bert Manderson is and why he should be in the HoF?

Seasons played: 1914-1927.

Appearances 452.

Trophies won: 7 League Titles.

Not bad for a wee guy from Belfast that cost us the princely sum of £150 from Glenavon.

Maybe the fact he played for Celtic went against him...Belfast Celtic, that is :lol:

I know how the HoF inductees are chosen but I think that if you are going to have a HoF that has credibility, you have to evaluate EVERY player in an individual concept and give credit where credit is due.

There are arguably HUNDREDS of men who have made outstanding contributions to Rangers history who are not included.

Sometimes I ask myself the question...Do we really need a so called HoF to remember some of our gallant players while the rest disappear into the pages of history never to be known or appreciated by the supporters of the future?

Food for thought maybe! :pipe: