Boxing and MMA

Wladimir Klitschko says he expects to face new WBO Inter-Continental champion Tyson Fury "in the next year."

Wladimir Klitschko on Tyson Fury

Fury, 23, overcame American opponent Vinny Maddalone in Somerset on Saturday, while Klitschko retained his WBA, IBF and WBO belts on the same night against Tony Thompson in Berne.

The 36-year-old Klitschko now predicts a heavyweight world championship bout with Fury within the next 12 months.

"I think we could end up fighting very soon. Probably in the next year."

Klitschko extended his winning run to eight years in Switzerland on Saturday. Manchester-based Fury, who is ranked sixth in the world, is seen by many an upcoming rival, and the Ukrainian champion acknowledged his qualities.

"From fight to fight he's just going to get better," Klitschko told Channel 5. "I doubt [a fight] is going to happen this year, but probably next."

For his part, Fury predicted success if and when he faces a Klitschko brother for a world title shot.

"I think I can win," he said. "Wladimir Klitschko hasn't fought anyone like me.

"I bring ambition, youth, power and determination. There's never been anyone like me. I am unique."

He's a bum

Running scared of David price

The guy Is a joke

His last 2 fights have been a fighter in Martin rogan who was finished

This guy he fought on sat was a bigger bum who was a fat walking punchbag

If he wants to be taken serious then he should man up and fight price to see who's the best in the UK never mind the world

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive win for Groves last night. The stoppage was particularly good, he landed 4 or 5 massive power shots. He doesn't look like he should but George Groves has undoubted KO power.

The only negative was a pretty deep cut above his eye but hopefully that won't delay the Anderson fight. Really looking forward to that already.

Impressive win for Groves last night. The stoppage was particularly good, he landed 4 or 5 massive power shots. He doesn't look like he should but George Groves has undoubted KO power.

The only negative was a pretty deep cut above his eye but hopefully that won't delay the Anderson fight. Really looking forward to that already.

He's out of the Anderson fight according to Adam Booth. Hopefully Groves vacates.

He's out of the Anderson fight according to Adam Booth. Hopefully Groves vacates.

Disappointing, but I guess not unexpected. Kenny Anderson will be devastated at that news, especially after the fiasco the last time they were due to fight.

Khan is too big and too fast for a Hatton who is 3 years out of training.

1 good punch and Khan is on his back, Hatton would have that ability if he got back into training hard. Khan isn't too good for any powerful puncher, no matter how fast he is.

1 good punch and Khan is on his back, Hatton would have that ability if he got back into training hard. Khan isn't too good for any powerful puncher, no matter how fast he is.

Hatton isn't really a massive puncher though. His last real KO was Maussa 7 years ago, and even then it was as much about wearing his opponent down with hard graft. You think he is going to get back to those levels of fitness?

The reason Mayweather can come back from a 1 year lay-off is that he stays in shape. Hatton has spent three years on a cocaine and burger binge.

3BE00C67-CB8D-A379-8959E8F30DF936D8.jpg

He started training a while ago for a possible comeback. His own family told him he looked like shit and to knock it on the head. I hope he stays retired to be honest.