Boxing and MMA

Tony Bellew stops Edison Miranda in the 9th round with an excellent body shot.

Fairly cagey fight, with Bellew looking a bit tentative for the first half. Miranda was just his usual self, some wild swinging punches and a lack of workrate.

Good name on Bellew's record though, and hopefully a catapult to some bigger fights. He has decent power but is actually quite an underrated boxer too. His jab can be a real weapon!

Who's to say he would get beat off both ?

He's been beaten off the 2 best fighters in the last 30 yrs

He would destroy khan

Brook might be too young and strong but hatton could easily come back with a tune up fight and destroy the division

I'd take him to beat Garcia

Who's to say he would get beat off both ?

He's been beaten off the 2 best fighters in the last 30 yrs

He would destroy khan

Brook might be too young and strong but hatton could easily come back with a tune up fight and destroy the division

I'd take him to beat Garcia

For me Ricky was the poster boy for how not to behave or live between fights and his 'lifestyle' and the relatively massive weight gains he experienced puts a huge strain on him physically which I think you could see towards the end & that ages fighters significantly . Now Ricky has had a few years out at that level and added cocaine (if it wasn't already there) & sadly depression to the equation and personally I'd much rather he left it.

The toll his physical condition between fights has had on him means he's almost certainly a 'lot older' than his years so I hope it works out but I'd rather he didn't do it

I fucking love Hatton, it'd rekindle my love of Boxing for sure.

Sorry to lower the threads standards but i'm sure i saw a snippet on SSN last week about Andrew Flintoff turning into a pro boxer? Is this true?

If so anyone think he'll actually do any good? :lol:

Hatton was a brawler and a bloody good one at that, but as many have said his lifestyle has made a comeback pretty pointless.

The way he treated his body inbetween training for fights was crazy and guys in their late 30's early 40's in boxing will be fitter than Hatton because of it.

I'd hate to see fighters Hatton would have beat up destroying him now because he is so far past his best.

I fucking love Hatton, it'd rekindle my love of Boxing for sure.

Sorry to lower the threads standards but i'm sure i saw a snippet on SSN last week about Andrew Flintoff turning into a pro boxer? Is this true?

If so anyone think he'll actually do any good? :lol:

Flintoff would get his head knocked off.

I think he's got his strength and could throw a punch (guesswork) but any pro boxer would out manouvre him and pick him off easily.

Audley Harrison had strength, he was just a pish boxer who got his head bashed in almost evertime he fought.

I'd guess the same would happen here.