Boxing and MMA

Ricky was poor tonight reaching an awful lot.just goes to show to be a champion skill isn't enough.happy for him none the less

Need to remember he's been out of action for a while,last two scheduled fights have been called off at the last minute. That was a hard,but good fight for him last night,not the ideal way to win but it was a win nonetheless. All building towards Broner hopefully. Will be keeping a close eye on Broner/Malignaggi next month.

Burns not getting enough credit for me.

Gonzalez was well on his way to getting knocked out because he gave more than he could sustain in early rounds. Burns showed a tremendous chin and heart to stay in it, and was bossing the last two rounds with nothing to suggest the last few would be any different.

Agreed. I think burns deliberately let Gonzalez come at him in the 6th/7th rounds and the boy punched himself out. Could easily see he was gassed in the 8th/9th. Rick would have dominated the last 3 imo.

Burns was behind on all three cards (87-84x3) at the time Gonzalez retired.

As for Burns-Broner, I think that boat has sailed; can't see Broner coming back down to 135. Vazquez is a more likely fight for him although Eddie was mentioning Gavin Rees which I'm not all that keen on. Would like to see him in against DeMarco.

Burns was behind on all three cards (87-84x3) at the time Gonzalez retired.

As for Burns-Broner, I think that boat has sailed; can't see Broner coming back down to 135. Vazquez is a more likely fight for him although Eddie was mentioning Gavin Rees which I'm not all that keen on. Would like to see him in against DeMarco.

Having seen de marco I can see him losing that fight. Vasquez I don't know enough about. Last night just proved that when burns comes up against a good fighter he is going to come up short.

When you look at his last 8 opponents only 2 stand out. Katsidis and Martinez. We have been hearing for years that he's going to step up the level of opponents but nothing yet although he was unlucky with the Vasquez fight being cancelled.

There is the possibility that it was indeed ring rust but he should be prepared for that at world level.

What I also would say is he should get himself a new trainer. And look at going to train with one of the top trainers in America

I had the fight @ 88-83 in favour for Gonzalez

Burns had 2 rounds and I scored 1 a draw and Gonzalez rest

Having seen de marco I can see him losing that fight. Vasquez I don't know enough about. Last night just proved that when burns comes up against a good fighter he is going to come up short.

When you look at his last 8 opponents only 2 stand out. Katsidis and Martinez. We have been hearing for years that he's going to step up the level of opponents but nothing yet although he was unlucky with the Vasquez fight being cancelled.

There is the possibility that it was indeed ring rust but he should be prepared for that at world level.

What I also would say is he should get himself a new trainer. And look at going to train with one of the top trainers in America

I had the fight @ 88-83 in favour for Gonzalez

Burns had 2 rounds and I scored 1 a draw and Gonzalez rest

I think DeMarco-Burns is pretty evenly matched but I can see Vazquez decisioning him pretty wide.

To be honest I find it hard to be too critical of Burns' resume at 135. Katsidis, Moses, Mitchell and Gonzalez (regardless of how it came about) are all solid wins. There's champions out there who have much weaker CV's than that and 135 isn't a talent laden division.

Of the top fighters at 135 - DeMarco, Abril and Vazquez - I'd only pick Burns to beat DeMarco.

I can see Hearn playing it safe and putting Burns in with Rees/Crolla next. Vasquez or one of the other top guys at 135 probably won't happen until late this year or early next year. Not a bad move. Burns got a fright at the weekend and needs to settle down a bit before trying to unify the division.

Martin Murray to fight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in Mexico City on the 3rd of August.

Another great opportunity for Murray. I hope he gets a fair crack of the whip in this one with the judges but sadly I'd imagine that will be unlikely!

Martin Murray to fight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in Mexico City on the 3rd of August.

Another great opportunity for Murray. I hope he gets a fair crack of the whip in this one with the judges but sadly I'd imagine that will be unlikely!

He deserves it. Chuffed for him as he seems a cracking lad and very unlucky in his previous world title attempts. Don't think Chavez holds a title though?

He deserves it. Chuffed for him as he seems a cracking lad and very unlucky in his previous world title attempts. Don't think Chavez holds a title though?

You're right, Chavez isn't a title holder. His last outing was his defeat by Martinez last year, and then he had the drugs ban.

I actually don't rate Chavez all that highly and fancy Murray to do a number on him. I agree that Murray does seem like a right good bloke and isn't one to shy away from a challenge! Hope he can do it.

Chavez is a beast at middleweight - Martinez can forget rematching him.

I think Chavez gets passed Murray without too much trouble then hopefully we get a fight with Golovkin for the 160lb crown.

Looks like Kell Brook will rematch Carson Jones on July 13th.

Two-time Olympic gold medalist Vasyl Lomachenko is set to turn pro - this guy has serious skills.

Watched a few documentaries about him on YouTube, boy is super quick. Has all the tools to go very very far.

Infact if he doesn't become a unified world champion he will be a failure with the hype around him in Ukraine.

Watched a few documentaries about him on YouTube, boy is super quick. Has all the tools to go very very far.

Infact if he doesn't become a unified world champion he will be a failure with the hype around him in Ukraine.

He could be fast-tracked like Rigondeaux has been.

David Haye has been forced to pull out of his heavyweight bout with Manuel Charr next month after suffering a hand injury in training.

Haye was set to fight for the first time since stopping fellow Briton Dereck Chisora inside five rounds in their controversial bout at Upton Park last July against former world title challenger Charr at the Manchester Arena on June 29.

But after injuring his left hand on Sunday evening, the 32-year-old today announced via a press release that the contest has been postponed and it is not yet clear whether the bout will be re-arranged.

"I'm absolutely gutted to have to pull out of this fight on June 29," said the former WBA heavyweight champion.

"I pick up injuries now and again in training, and sometimes carry them into fights, but this was one I simply couldn't recover from in time. I need to rest it up for at least four weeks.

"I apologise to Manuel Charr and to everybody involved with the promotion. But most of all I want to say sorry to the thousands of fans who bought tickets to the fight. I felt it was important to let them know about the cancellation as soon as possible, so they can now make other plans.

"As soon as I am told I can resume full training, my loyal fans will be the first to know."

Haye was looking to use the fight with 28-year-old Lebanon-born Charr, whose only defeat of his professional career came when he was controversially stopped because of a cut to his right eye in the fourth round by WBC champion Vitali Klitschko last year, as a springboard to higher profile bouts.

The former unified cruiserweight champion has made little secret of wanting to challenge for world honours in the heavyweight division once more, with Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko holding all the recognised titles.

However, this injury puts Haye's hopes on hold.

He pulled out of a scheduled bout with Wladimir Klitschko with a back complaint in 2009 and while they faced off two years later, Haye famously cited a toe injury as one of the reasons for a disappointing performance as the Ukrainian cruised to a unanimous decision win at the Imtech Arena in Hamburg.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/25254/8712619/Injured-Haye-forced-to-pull-out

Was looking forward to Haye's comeback.

God knows what happened there, the font was huge when i was typing it out.

For anyone who cant read it, Haye has had to pull out of his fight due to a hand injury.

FFS maverick. Need a telescope to read that :lol: