Boxing and MMA

this 'natural' shit doesn't make sense, Floyd couldn't make 144 for Marquez couple years back. He maxxed out 147 vs Hatton and was lean & cut to fuck, then he refuses to have his fight-night weight taken, which is probably in the mid to high 150's.

I don't think he'll be fighting Triple G, because G won't go to 154 and Floyd has hit a cieling at 154 for sure, but he's still the 154lb champion & the crop of guys at 140 are all pretty big, so there is a decent amount of opponents for him in the 147-154 range.

Well, Floyd weighed in at 147 on fight night against Judah, 147 against Cotto. He was 150 against Ortiz. Those are just fight night weights off the top of my head but my guess is Floyd is rarely above 152.

About 2/3 weeks before his fight with Guerrero he was at 148lbs.

You'd have had no interest in Pac going through the weights then or Holyfield, Haye or countless others through the years testing themselves against naturally much bigger men?

Of course I would be, but asking Floyd to fight a middleweight is a bit far fetched in my opinion.

And say Floyd and GGG fought 154, does whoever wins get credit for it? Because people will say "well, Golovkin was weight drained etc." And if Golovkin beats him, then some are going to say "well, Floyd is a welterweight and Golovkin is a middleweight."

I'm all for fighters moving through weights, but within reason.

Well, Floyd weighed in at 147 on fight night against Judah, 147 against Cotto. He was 150 against Ortiz. Those are just fight night weights off the top of my head but my guess is Floyd is rarely above 152.

About 2/3 weeks before his fight with Guerrero he was at 148lbs.

there's no weights for Cotto as neither man stepped on the scale, but you can't seriously think he LOST 3 pounds overnight? Did he have chronic diahorrea?

Actual fight weights aren't as relevant as weigh-in weights either, Floyd has been maxxing out 147lb since 2005... that's 8 years ago. And you can check his weigh-in pics for every fight since then. He's maxxing out with virtually no body fat & looks pretty dry leading to his amazing definition (particularly in the abs). Floyd at 147 is ALL lean muscle, that's why he couldn't make 144 for Marquez, once he hits 146 there's nothing left to cut without cutting into lean muscle.

Of course I would be, but askingnot Floyd to fight a middleweight is a bit far fetched in my opinion.

And say Floyd and GGG fought 154, does whoever wins get credit for it? Because people will say "well, Golovkin was weight drained etc." And if Golovkin beats him, then some are going to say "well, Floyd is a welterweight and Golovkin is a middleweight."

I'm all for fighters moving through weights, but within reason.

Floyd is a fully fledged Welter and has been for some time, he's supposed to be the best fighter of his era and some will have you believe he's the GOAT.

Fighters of his repute regularly take such a risk, Robinson v Maxim, Jones v Ruiz and Armstrong holding world titles from 126 to 147 simultaneously. The list goes on as I'm sure you're aware.

The only reason it's far fetched is because we're unaccustomed to Floyd taking such risks, great fighter though he is.

History will not miss this fact.

Floyd is a fully fledged Welter and has been for some time, he's supposed to be the best fighter of his era and some will have you believe he's the GOAT. Fighters of his repute regularly take such a risk Robinson v Maxim, Jones v Ruiz, Armstrong holding world titles from 126 to 147 at the simultaneously. The list goes on as I'm sure you're aware. The only reason it's far fetched is because we're unaccustomed to Floyd taking such risks, great fighter though he is. History will not miss this fact.

Not disputing that. And I don't think Floyd is the GOAT. He's one of them, but not close to number 1.

there's no weights for Cotto as neither man stepped on the scale, but you can't seriously think he LOST 3 pounds overnight? Did he have chronic diahorrea?

Actual fight weights aren't as relevant as weigh-in weights either, Floyd has been maxxing out 147lb since 2005... that's 8 years ago. And you can check his weigh-in pics for every fight since then. He's maxxing out with virtually no body fat & looks pretty dry leading to his amazing definition (particularly in the abs). Floyd at 147 is ALL lean muscle, that's why he couldn't make 144 for Marquez, once he hits 146 there's nothing left to cut without cutting into lean muscle.

According to Floyd he was 147 on fight night against Cotto and he had a cold that weekend, no idea if that would make him lose weight though.

And I'd say fight night weights are pretty relevant when you consider that Chavez Jr. can weigh around 180-190.

Quite easy to fluctuate by 3lbs given the body's water retention.

why would you dehydrate yourself for a fight? Fighters dehydrate for the weigh-in and cut fat to make weight, then in the 30 odd hours before the fight they start to eat and drink water so they have the right amount of energy and hydration.

According to Floyd he was 147 on fight night against Cotto and he had a cold that weekend, no idea if that would make him lose weight though.

And I'd say fight night weights are pretty relevant when you consider that Chavez Jr. can weigh around 180-190.

190, behave! he's hit 181 from 160 and he's an extreme example also busted for using diuretics to get that water off. When 2 guys are on the scales the day before we can see how much lean muscle & fat they are carrying. For the most part you see 2 well conditioned guys more or less maxxing out the weight with a fair bit of dehydration and very low body fat. When Floyd hits the scale at 147 he's all lean muscle, it makes no sense he would lose weight, the only weight he could lose is in water, and why would he dehydrate hismelf for a fight?

The guy is the mid to high 150's on fight night.

190, behave! he's hit 181 from 160 and he's an extreme example also busted for using diuretics to get that water off. When 2 guys are on the scales the day before we can see how much lean muscle & fat they are carrying. For the most part you see 2 well conditioned guys more or less maxxing out the weight with a fair bit of dehydration and very low body fat. When Floyd hits the scale at 147 he's all lean muscle, it makes no sense he would lose weight, the only weight he could lose is in water, and why would he dehydrate hismelf for a fight?

The guy is the mid to high 150's on fight night.

I don't think he is, and the fight night weights that are on record for Floyd suggest that he isn't close to mid to high 150's.

So, whats the verdict on Froch/Kessler?

I'm thinking Kessler at 2/1 is decent...

I'm with Carl here, I think he was unfortunate the first time round and I think home advantage will push him to victory.

Destroyed diisrrel , Bute & Andy lee in the amateurs

Ishida nearly had his head punched off

Rosado was made to look very average and was lucky to survive 7 rounds

The guy is a pure eastern fighting machine

The middleweight division is running scared

He's called out Martinez, Canelo and they are running from him

This guy is the real deal

The amateurs is a very different sport to the pro's, transition is far from guaranteed.

Both Ishida and Rosada are indeed average.

Not saying he isn't the goods but to say he'd blow through Floyd Mayweather is all out mental.

like I say, he is one of only a handful who might provide an interesting challenge to Money. Might.

Even then that is partly down to a clear size advantage.

Seen earlier that the Lebedev & Jones fight from Saturday is getting investigated.

Lebedev got a very nasty cut about the brow in the 3rd yet was allowed to carry on to the 11th.

Guy in my work said his face was pretty horrific :anguish:

Nasty cut doesn't come close to covering it mate. Google it.

The amateurs is a very different sport to the pro's, transition is far from guaranteed.

Both Ishida and Rosada are indeed average.

Not saying he isn't the goods but to say he'd blow through Floyd Mayweather is all out mental.

like I say, he is one of only a handful who might provide an interesting challenge to Money. Might.

Even then that is partly down to a clear size advantage.

I think size wise GGG is too big and strong for mayweather

I really think he would stop him

Cotto was landing serious shots on him but GGG would knock him flat out if his lands on anyone's chin

Mayweather is my favourite boxer of all time , I love the guy but there's a limit to what weight of boxer he can fight , he's not crazy or stupid

I think Canelo is too big for him too

GGG is the most feared fighter out there just now

The US media still have the cold war mentality in not wanting to admit a fighter from the east is taking everyone apart

I don't think he is, and the fight night weights that are on record for Floyd suggest that he isn't close to mid to high 150's.

feel free to dig those records up.

Mayweather constantly refuses to step on the scales on the night unless he knows his opponent is outweighing him - he's a smart guy, it's PR so that when he regains little and his opponent regains alot he can say 'look how much this guy outweighed me by'.

Check the HBO feeds, the only time they have reported his fight weight since Zab Judah was vs Ortiz because Mayweather knew Ortiz was a drainer.

He weighed 150, Ortiz 164. That's a 4lb gain overnight, which is lower than the standard rehydration gain for a fight.

99% of the time the fighter regains, it makes no sense that he would lose weight like he "claims" vs Oscar, it's ridiculous, you hydrate as much as you can. Not for weight purposes, for energy - i'm sure you;ve experienced dehydration in sport. Doesn't end well.

And FTR, when he did his wee thing on WWE vs the big show he was 160lb. Take a look at his conditioning, he's obviously got a little higher body fat % than he would after a training camp & fully hydrated, but that's a 'normal' weight for him. If you look at him in that condition, it explanis why it was impossible for him to cut 16lb for Marquez. Can you imagine how hard it is to lose over a stone when your already in that kind of condition?

Fucking hell! How the fuck did that last 11 rounds? Apparently Jones refused a drugs test afterwards.

Believe it or not Lebedev was winning that fight.

A heavy favourite Russian fighter fighting in Russia and ahead on the cards.

Should still have been stopped in about 7 though.

feel free to dig those records up.

Mayweather constantly refuses to step on the scales on the night unless he knows his opponent is outweighing him - he's a smart guy, it's PR so that when he regains little and his opponent regains alot he can say 'look how much this guy outweighed me by'.

Check the HBO feeds, the only time they have reported his fight weight since Zab Judah was vs Ortiz because Mayweather knew Ortiz was a drainer.

He weighed 150, Ortiz 164. That's a 4lb gain overnight, which is lower than the standard rehydration gain for a fight.

99% of the time the fighter regains, it makes no sense that he would lose weight like he "claims" vs Oscar, it's ridiculous, you hydrate as much as you can. Not for weight purposes, for energy - i'm sure you;ve experienced dehydration in sport. Doesn't end well.

And FTR, when he did his wee thing on WWE vs the big show he was 160lb. Take a look at his conditioning, he's obviously got a little higher body fat % than he would after a training camp & fully hydrated, but that's a 'normal' weight for him. If you look at him in that condition, it explanis why it was impossible for him to cut 16lb for Marquez. Can you imagine how hard it is to lose over a stone when your already in that kind of condition?

I just don't think Floyd puts on as much weight overnight as you think he does. Not at welterweight anyway.

I just don't think Floyd puts on as much weight overnight as you think he does. Not at welterweight anyway.

Well from the info we have available, since he has only stepped on the scale once in the last 7 years vs Ortiz, we know he's at least hitting 150, and in between fights, even staying in very good condition he's walking around about 160+. From now on he'll either be more or less maxing out the WW limit at 147 or 146 depending how much he dries out, or he'll be competing at Light-middleweight, probably weighing in around 152 like he did for Cotto - if he takes the Canelo fight as planned.