Boxing and MMA

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

There's another thread opened up on a boxing incident. Some of you know your stuff, its a pretty big incident all things considered I would like to hear your views on it lads

sadly these things happen from time to time. Probably a bleed on the brain or something mate whatever it is I hope the lad pulls through..

Its the lads at the grass routes I feel for these lads a risking life for the love of the sport over a financial gain. Hopefully the lad recovers and can make a living for himself.

Did anyone else catch that Russian fighting organisation thing that was at the Hydro the night? ACB 47: Braveheart or some shite?

Robert Whiteford won by decision and looked fucking terrible in the process. Norman Parke won too and looked shite as well.

On the other hand Saul Rogers won and looked pretty good doing so. Bit of a shame something was fucked up with his visa application on the run up to that TUF finale (don't know the ins and outs, something about lying about past criminal history) otherwise he'd easily still be with the UFC right now.

On a totally different note, UFC fighter Josh Samman was found on Friday night unresponsive and is currently in a coma. Suspected overdose from heroin. He's been quite open about his past problems with drugs - it's a shame he's fallen back into that.