David Healy to sign by the weekend

Amac9

Signing a poor player just because he isn't quite as poor as someone else we've got is not a good signing policy, Skelf. We should be looking to improve the first XI, not looking to improve our 3rd choice striker.

I know that. But with the resourses the way it is. Do u know any other suggestions. IMO he would score goals for us. If we get him really really cheap, just give the guy a chance,

That was between 3 and 11 years ago!

Yes but look at what he can do when he's playing regularly.

At Sunderland Roy Keane brought him to Sunderland scoring on his debut after that he was mostly used as a bench player,4 months later Keane was sacked after that Ricky Sbragia and Steve Bruce didnt want to know.He then gets loaned out to Ipswich unfit,then at Doncaster he actually didnt play that bad.

Give him a chance before you write him off.

this man is a rangers man he has begged for a deal in the passed and not got 1. hope he signs as he will give all for the jersey. he might be exactly what we need to fill millers boots. not sayin hes in his class but hes seen the games, sang the songs and wore the strip, thats good enough for me. watp no surrender david healy :crabflute::crabflute:

STV understands Rangers are closing in on a move for Sunderland striker David Healy. The Northern Ireland international, who recently completed a loan spell with Doncaster Rovers from the English Premier League club, is in advanced discussions with Walter Smith's team over a transfer to Ibrox on loan until the end of the season.

The 31-year-old, who has scored 35 goals for his country in 84 appearances, hasn't played for the Black Cats since an appearance in an FA Cup match against Portsmouth in January 2010 and spent the latter part of last season on loan at Ipswich Town, scoring one goal in 12 appearances.

At Doncaster, Healy played on eight occasions in a two month spell from November to January 4 this year at the Keepmoat Stadium, scoring on his debut against Millwall and in his third game away to Portsmouth.

Healy, who famously scored the winner for Northern Ireland in a 1-0 win at Windsor Park against England in September 2005, spoke of his desire to move to Rangers last summer, saying his loyalties towards the club would attract him to Glasgow.

“If Rangers came knocking I would certainly not be saying no,” he told the BBC in June. “I have been linked with going to Rangers for four or five years now.

“It has been well documented that I grew up supporting Rangers and my dad is a big Rangers fan, but that does not mean I am ever going to end up playing there.”

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/224320-rangers-close-to-loan-move-for-healy/