Smith says Healy will 'bring something new'

38367997.pngRangers are reported to have signed Northern Irish striker and Rangers diehard David Healy on loan from Sunderland until the end of the season. The Ulsterman had been on loan previously with Doncaster this season playing eight times and netting twice.

Manager Walter Smith was quoted in the Sunday Express saying that since Miller left for Turkey Rangers have been looking for someone to come in who can score the goals required to propel the club to the third successive SPL title.

"We have needed to get someone in and that became especially important after Kenny Miller left. David will bring something new to the squad."

View the full article

It has to be remembered that sometimes a move can make a player ... for example Rod Wallace was much better with us than he was with Leeds

Very true.

He wouldn't have been close to my number one choice, but there's a little gut feeling I have that tells me he will do well.

This is actually one of Walter Smith's most important signings ever - considering his and the clubs future. I just hope he's not taken it lightly and signed him for the sake of it.

It has to be remembered that sometimes a move can make a player ... for example Rod Wallace was much better with us than he was with Leeds

I had the same thoughts. Wallace came to us a bit under the radar when Advocaat signed him, i for one didnt expect him to have the kind of impact he eventually did, hope Healy does the same.

If he gets a goal in the first one or two games, i can see him then going on to score a barrell load.

Whats the bets he scores against them on his debut?!

Thankfully we've signed someone, now if only we could get a LW and new defender...

him and lafferty playing the flute on the 6th after he scores a 92nd minute penalty will be amazing :crabflute:

but seriously the guy is one off us and will give his all . he has never been in a team that will great 5/6 great chances for him in a game. i think he will get a few goals for us

Very true.

He wouldn't have been close to my number one choice, but there's a little gut feeling I have that tells me he will do well.

This is actually one of Walter Smith's most important signings ever - considering his and the clubs future. I just hope he's not taken it lightly and signed him for the sake of it.

I think as well you do get more out of someone if they believe in what they are doing.

I'm not saying that scott brown would have been a success with us but I think he shows that you just can't hide your feelings however much you are getting paid

Panic signing nothing more.

Poor player poor scoring record and been out on loan continuously these last few years and doesn't impress me one bit.

A sham signing that will appease the fans because he's a bluenose from Ulster.

i would rather wait till he has played some games before making judgements, now ive seen beattie i reckon if we could offload him that would be good business

give the guy a chance you never know he might surprise you

and the fact he is from ulster should make no difference

Another deluded statement from super Walter ..............donkey , just like so many more of his signings

i asked you this yesterday but you never replied

who would you bring in? because we need to bring players in

i know you hate walter and i know you dont want ally to be next boss..... so who?

kplfishtank

I would have Souness back but that wont happen , next would be Holloway at Blackpool , someone who knows how to play attacking football and bring the fans back

what about the here and now? we need players to bolster our squad , who would you have brought in

souness is a decent shout but has been away maybe too long

im not convinced by coisty so im open to suggestion, but i reckon he will get it because its the cheaper option

him and lafferty playing the flute on the 6th after he scores a 92nd minute penalty will be amazing :crabflute:

but seriously the guy is one off us and will give his all . he has never been in a team that will great 5/6 great chances for him in a game. i think he will get a few goals for us

Would be good but fink the 20th at the piggery would be a bit sweeter for flute playin lol