The MMA News Thread

Tam3r0wn

Inspired by the boxing news thread, and since we have a few MMA fans on here, I thought I would give it a go. I will try and update as often as possible.

I will start with news from the past couple of days.

UFC 127 is this Saturday, from Australia. It looks like a couple of title shots may be on the line (though I suspect Dana White is just hyping the event), George Sotiropoulos is on a 7 fight win streak and could get his shot with a win over Dennis Siver. But with Maynard, Pettis and perhaps Jim Miller ahead of him in the queue, seems a bit unlikely a win over Siver would get him a crack at the title. Best he can hope for is a number 1 contender fight imo.

Link

BJ Penn faces off against John Fitch, with a shot at the title also apparently up for grabs. With GSP vs Silva in the pipeline for this year (assuming GSP defeats Shields), there may be more truth in this.

Link

In other news, Tito Ortiz is out of his bout with Little Nog at UFN 24, citing a bad cut as the reason. Phil Davis had been scheduled to face Matt Hammil originally at UFC 129(Hammil is now facing Rampage Jackson at 130) then Jason Brilz after Hammil was shifted, but now steps in to take on Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

Little Nog vs Davis

Hammil vs Jackson

Also there are the rumours that Thiago Silva has failed a drug test after his UFC 125 bout with Brandon Vera. This is the reason Hammil stepped in for him vs Rampage.

Kenny Florian has announced a drop in weight to 145, and will face Diego Nunes at UFC 131.

Florian vs Nunes

Tanks for reading(if anyone does :pipe: )

Inspired by the boxing news thread, and since we have a few MMA fans on here, I thought I would give it a go. I will try and update as often as possible.

I will start with news from the past couple of days.

UFC 127 is this Saturday, from Australia. It looks like a couple of title shots may be on the line (though I suspect Dana White is just hyping the event), George Sotiropoulos is on a 7 fight win streak and could get his shot with a win over Dennis Siver. But with Maynard, Pettis and perhaps Jim Miller ahead of him in the queue, seems a bit unlikely a win over Siver would get him a crack at the title. Best he can hope for is a number 1 contender fight imo.

Link

BJ Penn faces off against John Fitch, with a shot at the title also apparently up for grabs. With GSP vs Silva in the pipeline for this year (assuming GSP defeats Shields), there may be more truth in this.

Link

In other news, Tito Ortiz is out of his bout with Little Nog at UFN 24, citing a bad cut as the reason. Phil Davis had been scheduled to face Matt Hammil originally at UFC 129(Hammil is now facing Rampage Jackson at 130) then Jason Brilz after Hammil was shifted, but now steps in to take on Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

Little Nog vs Davis

Hammil vs Jackson

Also there are the rumours that Thiago Silva has failed a drug test after his UFC 125 bout with Brandon Vera. This is the reason Hammil stepped in for him vs Rampage.

Kenny Florian has announced a drop in weight to 145, and will face Diego Nunes at UFC 131.

Florian vs Nunes

Tanks for reading(if anyone does :pipe: )

Good luck with this bud, tbh im not into MMA. don't know enough about it to put in some input.

Good luck with this bud, tbh im not into MMA. don't know enough about it to put in some input.

You should try watching it, I wasnt interested in it until 2 years ago.

Up til i actually gave it a chance I was (and still am) a huge boxing fan.

I thought it was boring, fools laying on each other :lol:

Brilliant news about Phil Davis. I like the guy. He'll smash little nog I reckon. Rogerio hardly has a leg to stand on. Brilz beat him tbh and he was robbed.

Think it will go that way too, but Little Nog cant be counted out. He gave Shogun all he could handle not so long ago.

Good fight, much rather this than Ortiz.

Daley just 1st round KO'd Yuya Shirai. Didn't get the title cause he didn't make weight though.

Ricco Rodriguez also dominated his way to a UD over James McSweeney. They were going on about how McSweeney is one of the best how in the world :lol:

Daley just 1st round KO'd Yuya Shirai. Didn't get the title cause he didn't make weight though.

Ricco Rodriguez also dominated his way to a UD over James McSweeney. They were going on about how McSweeney is one of the best how in the world :lol:

I know, his record is like 4-6 :lol:

Daley has brick fists for sure, Diaz for the win in that one though.

Funny to see Rivera doing nothing but complaining now, he talked shite and got his arse kicked.

I used to like Rivera but not after this pish. Guy is irrelevant and is going straight back to the prelims.

I said he was going to end up looking stupid. Talked his way on to the card a la McCorkle.

A prelim fighter, nothing more.

Anthony Johnson and Thiago Alves are much worse. At least Daley almost makes the weight.

Its beond me that AJ still fights at WW. Im sure he was around 7 lbs overweight in the Yoshida fight.

Rumble far left lol:

ajmaiajj.jpg

Bear in mind thats a MW and a huge LHW there with him. Unreal!

He looks like Sean Kingston in that pic.

UFC on Versus 2 is tomorrow night (Thursday), with Kampmann vs Sanchez main event. Also Munoz vs Dolloway, Sakara vs Wiedman(?) and Bowles vs Page.

UFC on Versus

There are 2 free streaming fights on Facebook, with Castillo vs Stevenson and Diabate vs Cantwell.

Live on Facebook

No real stars on this card, but should be a good night of fights.

In Strikeforce the heavyweight tournament second round has been pushed back, With Diaz vs Daley and Melendez vs Kawajiri replacing it.

Diaz vs Daley

Also, the fighters for this season's TUF have been announced

TUF 13

When's the GSP - Shields fight? Iv got all the respect in the world for GSP as a fighter...

But I'd LOVE to see him get knocked out cold!!

April 30th.

Shields vs GSP

I too want to see GSP KO'd, no real reason why. Maybe its just because he is the top man.

As for his skill, the man is a surgeon.