Will the Captain be benched on Sunday?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Davie dropped?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite his poor midfield form, I'd even play Edu ahead of him. Weir's inclusion is detrimental to how EVERY other area of the team needs to operate. It's all bollocks though, as we all know that he will be there.

On what basis would you pick Edu ahead of him?

I know hes played there in the past for the USA, but he would be totally bullied at CH in Scotland, poor in the air, and a bit of a pussy in the tackle.

as much as i would like to see weir on the bench its sadly not the case with bartley being injured.... think bartley would have started instead of him.

As for him being captain as someone said and should be 1st on the team sheet, i disagree his legs have caught up, no pace at all thats why they defend so deep and bring trouble upon themselves that way...

Our club captain - who is fit - he deserves to and will play!

And just how do you come to the conclusion he "deserves" to play?

There's only a few have ever "deserved" to play for the Rangers.

And a 40 year old who is dictating how we play, and has no pace whatsoever, is definately not one of them.

I actually find it quite embarrassing that a club like the Rangers have a 40 year old Captain who has less joints than a bread board.

And I do respect Davie and everything he's done for our club - but he's overstayed his welcome mate.

And just how do you come to the conclusion he "deserves" to play?

There's only a few have ever "deserved" to play for the Rangers.

And a 40 year old who is dictating how we play, and has no pace whatsoever, is definately not one of them.

I actually find it quite embarrassing that a club like the Rangers have a 40 year old Captain who has less joints than a bread board.

And I do respect Davie and everything he's done for our club - but he's overstayed his welcome mate.

He certainly has become a scapegoat for many - despite putting in consistent and decent performances every time he plays - but some people just cant get past his age - and he is an easy target for when things are not going well.

He certainly has become a scapegoat for many - despite putting in consistent and decent performances every time he plays - but some people just cant get past his age - and he is an easy target for when things are not going well.

His decent performances are few and far between for 2 seasons now.

He's been left for dead so often more recently, which has cost us crucial goals, that we just can't afford to take the chance with him any more.

If he plays tomorrow, I fear the worst.

Saying that, if he does play, I sincerely hope I'm singing my heart out when he goes up to lift the trophy.

When he pulls on that blue jersey, he has my full support. I just don't think he should be pulling it on.

His decent performances are few and far between for 2 seasons now.

He's been left for dead so often more recently, which has cost us crucial goals, that we just can't afford to take the chance with him any more.

If he plays tomorrow, I fear the worst.

Saying that, if he does play, I sincerely hope I'm singing my heart out when he goes up to lift the trophy.

When he pulls on that blue jersey, he has my full support. I just don't think he should be pulling it on.

You sort of make my pioint for me - if the defence makes a mistake and Davie is involved its his age - that goal we lost to PSV both foster and Bougie were at fault but that was just a mistake. Sure we have lost goals and perhaps Davie was at fault for a couple BUT he has also made some great stops and tackles and leads the line well, but due to his 'age' all some folk see is the mistakes. None of our defenders have been perfect but its to easy to blame Davies age. (All IMHO of course!) (.. and he (and Walter) dont deserve all this 'get to fk nonsense we see some posters make)

You sort of make my pioint for me - if the defence makes a mistake and Davie is involved its his age - that goal we lost to PSV both foster and Bougie were at fault but that was just a mistake. Sure we have lost goals and perhaps Davie was at fault for a couple BUT he has also made some great stops and tackles and leads the line well, but due to his 'age' all some folk see is the mistakes. None of our defenders have been perfect but its to easy to blame Davies age. (All IMHO of course!) (.. and he (and Walter) dont deserve all this 'get to fk nonsense we see some posters make)

Ye'll never see this from me.

But it's time Davie did get to fk.

The biggest problem having him in the team is not just Davie himself.

Bouggy has tae cover his arse for him and then his game deteriorates - do you think Bouggy has been as good this season as in previous seasons?

Papac and Whittaker/Foster have to sit in tight to protect him, leaving our opponents to run at us down the wings - how many goals have we lost from the wide areas this season?

Our midfield spend most of their time in their own half due to the unwillingness (inability) of our back line to get out quickly - have Davis and Edu been playing anything like they can this season?

This in turn cuts off the supply to our frontmen (when we can afford to play 2 up front - which we more often than not can't do with Davie in the team) which is apparent given our lack of shots on target in so many games this season.

The point I'm trying to make is, Davie Weir's age and state of fitness is affecting our whole team - not just his own performance levels.

Bouggy has tae cover his arse for him and then his game deteriorates - do you think Bouggy has been as good this season as in previous seasons?

Papac and Whittaker/Foster have to sit in tight to protect him, leaving our opponents to run at us down the wings - how many goals have we lost from the wide areas this season?

Our midfield spend most of their time in their own half due to the unwillingness (inability) of our back line to get out quickly - have Davis and Edu been playing anything like they can this season?

This in turn cuts off the supply to our frontmen (when we can afford to play 2 up front - which we more often than not can't do with Davie in the team) which is apparent given our lack of shots on target in so many games this season.

The point I'm trying to make is, Davie Weir's age and state of fitness is affecting our whole team - not just his own performance levels.

I know you and a few others share this opinion - I just cant believe you are seriously suggesting that we have 5 or 6 players off form all beacause of Davie. When Davis, or Edu miss tackles (or in Edus case pull out from them) that its Davie's fault, also that when they mis-place passes its because Davie is behind the. Ditto when Bougherra fks up it is not because he has Davie beside him.

I think you are hurting, like we all are at the recent defeats by Celtic and have to find a scapegoat, for some its Walter, for someits Davie (for some its both) but we are in a final tommorow, we are well in the battle for the league and all while Walter is manager and Davie Weir Captain.

I know you and a few others share this opinion - I just cant believe you are seriously suggesting that we have 5 or 6 players off form all beacause of Davie. When Davis, or Edu miss tackles (or in Edus case pull out from them) that its Davie's fault, also that when they mis-place passes its because Davie is behind the. Ditto when Bougherra fks up it is not because he has Davie beside him.

I think you are hurting, like we all are at the recent defeats by Celtic and have to find a scapegoat, for some its Walter, for someits Davie (for some its both) but we are in a final tommorow, we are well in the battle for the league and all while Walter is manager and Davie Weir Captain.

He wisnae the captain in the 2nd half against PSV when we turned in something more like a performance.

Or how about the 2nd half in Lisbon when he was taken off and we started to play more like the Rangers?

Or the 4-0 trouncing of St Johnstone when Davie never started?

I don't really enjoy throwing these stats up cos I appreciate everything Davie has done for the club, but there's no hiding the fact he's holding the club back now.

The above 3 examples surely justify my opinion?

(tu)

He wisnae the captain in the 2nd half against PSV when we turned in something more like a performance.

Or how about the 2nd half in Lisbon when he was taken off and we started to play more like the Rangers?

Or the 4-0 trouncing of St Johnstone when Davie never started?

I don't really enjoy throwing these stats up cos I appreciate everything Davie has done for the club, but there's no hiding the fact he's holding the club back now.

The above 3 examples surely justify my opinion?

I think he was also captain when we won the last two leagues and a couple of cups (anbd nearly ever present), I think he was also captain nd playing when we recently won 6-0 and 4-0. Still, as I said lets forget the good he does and use him as a scapegoat!

et tu bruti? (jumping on the 'its all weirs fault bandwagon' - sad very sad.

I don't think I'm jumping on a bandwagon, we've had this discussion before (just before the 3-0 Old Firm game which very obviously demonstrated the point). I really like Weir, I'd love him to stay at Rangers as a coach. His days as a player at this level are over, just by being in the team he is holding us back. The shape of the team changes, it has to. We sit deep because we have to.

It doesn't work for us, can you honestly say the difference in performance on Thursday night between first and second half was nothing to do with Weir coming off?

I think he was also captain when we won the last two leagues and a couple of cups (anbd nearly ever present), I think he was also captain nd playing when we recently won 6-0 and 4-0. Still, as I said lets forget the good he does and use him as a scapegoat!

100% correct.................................and in the past.

Diego Maradona was captain of Argentina when they won the World Cup, but I don't fancy him playing for Rangers now.

et tu bruti? (jumping on the 'its all weirs fault bandwagon' - sad very sad.

If ye want this tae be a conversation, rather than an internet forum debate where anybody can join in, its better tae go tae Messenger, or jist send texts back and forth. :rolleyes: