I reckon the Rangers only need to spend £5m

Railcard

GK: 1 Allan McGregor, 12 Neil Alexander, 23 Grant Adam

DR: 2 Steven Whittaker, 13 Kirk Broadfoot

DC: 5 Madjid Bougherra, 16 Darren Cole, 24 Jordan McMillan

DC: 4 David Weir, 15 Kyle Bartley (Loan)

DL: 3 Sasa Papac, 14 Lee Wallace (£1.5m)

MR: 7 Steven Naismith, 18 Craig Conway (Bosman)

MC: 8 Steven Davis, 19 Jamie Ness

MC: 6 Maurice Edu, 17 Lee McCulloch, 25 Kyle Hutton

ML: 11 Gregg Wylde, 22 David Templeton (2m)

ST: 9 Kyle Lafferty, 20 David Goodwillie (£2m)

ST: 10 Nikica Jelavic, 21 John Fleck BYE BYE James Beattie (£250k)

Net transfer spend: £5.25m

25 man squad 22 with spare goalkeeper, defender and midfielder

21 out of 25 British

4 foreign players Papac, Bougherra, Jelavic, Edu

21 out of 25 under 30

4 players over 30 Weir, Papac, McCulloch, Alexander

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it wouldn't see us to far away.

but i would buy bartley hes up for sale.

and i would get in a special player.

on the two guys from hearts. they aren't the best options and they wouldn't be available for those fees

So u have no European ambition then and think we can get by with basically the same team again?

Wallace - won't improve the squad, not better than what we have, pointless buy

Conway - won't improve the squad, not better than what we have, pointless buy

Goodwillie - won't improve the squad, not better than what we have,pointless buy

Templeton - if Hearts are willing to sell and Celtic went for him (like they do with every other player we go for) he will go to them

Edu needs to go

Weir should only be kept as back up, same with McCullouch

Fleck could do with a loan spell somewhere

We should be building a squad not looking for back up to some positions.

Last years the football was extremely poor up untill the split. We can't ride our luck for another season.

Not too sure on Lee Wallace, but I'd definitely take Templeton. A player under the right guidance could be a real star for us.

I don't know about anyone else, but the longer it goes on the more I feel David Goodwillie won't be at Ibrox next season. I think with Ally looking at Tomer Hamed, that he's started to look elsewhere. Could very well be wrong of course though.

I think we need more players than that, if you look at it in certain areas if we were to be struck by injuries and suspensions along with tiredness towards the end of the season it looks a bit bare. We can't be having that again next season.

Defenders should be our priority over the summer.

So u have no European ambition then and think we can get by with basically the same team again?

Wallace - won't improve the squad, not better than what we have, pointless buy

Conway - won't improve the squad, not better than what we have, pointless buy

Goodwillie - won't improve the squad, not better than what we have,pointless buy

Templeton - if Hearts are willing to sell and Celtic went for him (like they do with every other player we go for) he will go to them

Edu needs to go

Weir should only be kept as back up, same with McCullouch

Fleck could do with a loan spell somewhere

We should be building a squad not looking for back up to some positions.

Last years the football was extremely poor up untill the split. We can't ride our luck for another season.

Wouldn't say any were pointless buys there is a need to beef up the squad regardless and these players could come in and play their part in a successful rangers team, especially goodwillie who is without doubt better than Lafferty and is being tracked (apparently) by richer clubs than the rangers.

Edu showed in the last 3 games of the season when mcculloch came back that if edu plays to his potential then mcculloch doesnt have a look in

Weir needs to stay to help the young squad and help Darren Cole, Jordan McMillan and Kyle Bartley. I certainly think Bartley is good enough to play in Weir's absence.

McCulloch would be a back up.

TBH I don't really think much of Fleck and think that if he was back up striker and scored a couple goals this season then rangers could maybe sell him for £500k - £1m and thats my only reason for keeping him.

93 points of luck. i do hope wattys got a euro millions ticket.

Alot of games we were shit and scrapped by with 1 goal. We had to come from behind so many times in the first half of the season. If it wasn't for the bheggars fuckin up at ICT we would be calling for major changes in the team.

That squad wouldn't win the league imo, if we have the supposed £10 million then we need to spend it. We would all like us to compete in Europe as well as win titles domestically and to do that we need a big squad, one that's capable of handling 2 games a week.

GK: 1 Allan McGregor, 12 Neil Alexander, 23 Grant Adam

DR: 2 Steven Whittaker, 13 Kirk Broadfoot

DC: 5 Madjid Bougherra, 16 Darren Cole, 24 Jordan McMillan

DC: 4 David Weir, 15 Kyle Bartley (Loan)

DL: 3 Sasa Papac, 14 Lee Wallace (£1.5m)

MR: 7 Steven Naismith, 18 Craig Conway (Bosman)

MC: 8 Steven Davis, 19 Jamie Ness

MC: 6 Maurice Edu, 17 Lee McCulloch, 25 Kyle Hutton

ML: 11 Gregg Wylde, 22 David Templeton (2m)

ST: 9 Kyle Lafferty, 20 David Goodwillie (£2m)

ST: 10 Nikica Jelavic, 21 John Fleck BYE BYE James Beattie (£250k)

Net transfer spend: £5.25m

25 man squad 22 with spare goalkeeper, defender and midfielder

21 out of 25 British

4 foreign players Papac, Bougherra, Jelavic, Edu

21 out of 25 under 30

4 players over 30 Weir, Papac, McCulloch, Alexander

I wouldn't be happy with Rangers going with Edu in the midfield again next year. IMO Bougherra (he doesn't want to play for us fuck 'im), Edu and Beatie need to leave. Celtic cuffed us a few times last season and I don't think brining in Conway, wallace (as squad players) with Goodwillie and Templeton pushing Lafferty and Wylde for a starting place is enough to swing things back in our favour. Also, Hearts knocked back an offer of £3.5m for Andy driver a couple of years back they'd want the same crazy money for Templeton. Romanov hates the Old Firm.

I agree with Gunslinger, Rangers should buy Bartley and get that kid on a 5 year contract because that kid has serious potential. I agree that Rangers need a Templeton type player but we should look elsewhere for a creative left-winger. I also think Goodwillie and maybe even Hemed as well should be brought in to give us options up front. The most important thing we need is a defensive midfielder to break up play and complement Davis because Edu is shocking. A massive central defensive mid like Etienne Capoue or Wanyama (who we have been linked with) would be perfect. Davis, Naismith and Wylde aren't big guys and we need more muscle to beef up the middle and give us more fight.

Alot of games we were shit and scrapped by with 1 goal. We had to come from behind so many times in the first half of the season. If it wasn't for the bheggars fuckin up at ICT we would be calling for major changes in the team.

The team that finish top after 38 games deserve it, Give me 7more seasons like the one gone and i'll be delighted. We just let ourselfs down with consistency around xmas new year time, if we were consistent over that period the Title would have been ours months ago, Dont be fooled by it going to the last day mate look at it over the season, We let them back in time&time again

The team that finish top after 38 games deserve it, Give me 7more seasons like the one gone and i'll be delighted. We just let ourselfs down with consistency around xmas new year time, if we were consistent over that period the Title would have been ours months ago, Dont be fooled by it going to the last day mate look at it over the season, We let them back in time&time again

Of course we deserved it but we can't go on relying on Celtic dropping points at bottom 6 teams again we need to build a squad they fear again. They had a bad patch drawing 3 home games in December so the same can be said that if they won those games they would have won the league would have been theirs months ago.

2 weeks ago everyone was saying how this was the best league win for years with the squad we have now people want the same team plus a few players to challenge Lafferty and Edu for a starting place.

Think people need to show more respect for the group of players that have done so well for the club over the last 3/4 years adding bartley, wallace, conway, templeton and goodwillie would be a huge boost for the players and the club, rangers got 93 points last season and with those additions i think they could get more.

shopping in the spl again thought isn't it we should stick to what we have been doing and nurturing our own scottish talent and buying better experienced players for now because ness, wylde, fleck(hopefully) and cole are our future along with hopefully bartley, but we need to keep with what we always do in getting our players on the cheap and selling for high fees like danny wilson, alan hutton, boumsong and cuellar who have all made us in excess of £30 million (estimate) and Jelavic will be next and I reckon the same could be done with Bartley and Weiss if we could tie them down. When you buy SPL players how often do you make a decent profit on them we usually pay their worth and if they make it they play in the team week in week out if not usually not long before they are shipped for a loss.

Think people need to show more respect for the group of players that have done so well for the club over the last 3/4 years adding bartley, wallace, conway, templeton and goodwillie would be a huge boost for the players and the club, rangers got 93 points last season and with those additions i think they could get more.

What if Celtic improve their squad?

I'd be delighted if thats the quality of player Celtic bought this year.

The thing is many are critising the signings i have said i would make what about mccoists goal of retaining the loan players

me vs. mccoist

Wallace - Foster

Bartley - Bartley

Conway - Diouf

Templeton - dunno (weiss is going to espanyol)

Goodwillie - Healy

must be hoping bombers done his homework...

celtc will need to be skilled to improve there squad or lucky.

they will need to sell big.

They don't really need to do much. We pipped them to the post, but there's virtually nothing between the 2 teams. If we were to sell and not adequately replace one of our big names, and Celtic went in with exactly the same squad again, i'd have them as favourites

In the head-to-heads Celtic cuffed us. If there was an Old Firm match at Celtic park tonight and we had to go with the player we currently have I think there's a strong chance we'd get beaten. Rangers need to know that they have the best starting 11 and that we can beat them in the head-to-heads. IMO their midfield overrun us and we couldn't even get at their back four (which is pish). We need at least three quality players in: A CB with pace to burn (Bartley), a big defensive central midfielder to help break up play in the midfield because Davis needs someone like that next to him, and a quality striker next to Jelavic to give us a serious threat going forward.

They don't really need to do much. We pipped them to the post, but there's virtually nothing between the 2 teams. If we were to sell and not adequately replace one of our big names, and Celtic went in with exactly the same squad again, i'd have them as favourites

yes but they will need to sell 10 million worth of players.

The thing is many are critising the signings i have said i would make what about mccoists goal of retaining the loan players

me vs. mccoist

Wallace - Foster

Bartley - Bartley

Conway - Diouf

Templeton - dunno (weiss is going to espanyol)

Goodwillie - Healy

must be hoping bombers done his homework...

One is a left back and the other a right back. I see no one on here wanting Foster back, nor have i read one interview were Ally wants Foster back.

Conway may still happen we will need to wait and see

Templeton will not leave Hearts to either the OF for less than 4million pound. If you want proof of that look at what Romanov wanted for Webster from us!

Goodwillie against Healy is a bit of an unfair comaprison but still