Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

I hope we've not made a pathetic bid that's going to get rejected straight away.

Just give them what they want and get him here. We know Thomson won't budge when other clubs are interested, so no fucking about Rangers.

Give Thomson what he wants, give Goodwillie what he wants and sign one of the most promising Scottish players in god knows how long.

several generations. I have said before since kenny dal. nothing I have seen has changed my mind yet.

Apparently Jim Spence says the Gers have made a bit along with a few other sides. Didn't hear it myself, so you will have to trust twitter on this one i'm afraid.

It was posted a few pages ago.

if it's true that we along with others have bid for him then we better have went in with the full £2m otherwise we'll probably miss out on him

Like to think that it is true, but, if it is that reject from the Broons , Spence he does talk alot of keech. I mena he had him Stevie Wondered to Cardiff last week.

For the younger guys i.e signed sealed and delivered ;)

Cleared of rape ... cleared for Gers By ROBERT GRIEVE and DOUGLAS WALKER

Published: 26 Jul 2011

Add a comment (0) SCOTLAND star David Goodwillie is set to clinch a move to Rangers after a rape charge against him was dropped.

The Ibrox club contacted Dundee United just minutes after the striker saw the sex attack case against him scrapped.

Goodwillie had been accused of assaulting a 24-year-old woman at a New Year party.

But yesterday the Crown Office confirmed he would face no further action.

A spokesman added: "After careful consideration of all the facts, Crown counsel has instructed no proceedings on the basis that there is insufficient evidence. The case is now closed."

A spokesman for Goodwillie said the 22-year-old was "very relieved" at the decision.

The star had been accused of attacking the girl after going to a house in Armadale, West Lothian.

The alleged incident happened just hours after he scored the equaliser in his side's 1-1 draw at Aberdeen.

His team-mate David Robertson, 24, was also quizzed by police over the claims but was not charged.

Goodwillie made his international debut against the Faroe Islands last year.

United are looking for a £2million fee for him, with chairman Stephen Thompson determined to hold out for that amount.

In April, Goodwillie told how he had been targeted over the allegations.

He said: "If I didn't have my football I don't know where I'd be. My family told me that the only way to answer opposition fans was by playing well.

"It's upsetting for them but it is just words and they will never hurt me.

"Everybody who has stood by me has been brilliant."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3714371/Scotland-star-David-Goodwillie-is-set-to-clinch-a-move-to-Rangers-after-a-rape-charge-against-him-was-dropped.html#ixzz1T9wlimGg

Now, without jumping to any conclusions, was the appointment of Irvine not supposed to link up some sort of "friendship" with The Sun? I'm clearly not saying that Rangers are the editorial figurehead of The Sun but I remember reading that Irvine's appointment had something to do with the paper?

My point is, they'd surely know things about Rangers first...which would suggest Rangers are at the forefront for his signature!