Martin Bain

I remember posts on here during the McLeish years and everyone was bumming him up talking about what a great job he was doing!

This is the man that would be told a player was worth £2m so we would offer a £100k. This is also the Guy that paid players off with huge amounts of money and also under sold alot of players.

This is the man that would be told a player was worth £2m so we would offer a £100k. This is also the Guy that paid players off with huge amounts of money and also under sold alot of players.

Not a fan of his negotiation skills but in all fairness some of our managers have targeted and insisted on buying some real duds who no one would pay much or anything for when they were found out.

I remember posts on here during the McLeish years and everyone was bumming him up talking about what a great job he was doing!

So for someone who joined in 2008 to remember posts on here during the McLeish years is rather strange considering he left in 2006, which coincidentally was 6 months after RM started during which period I cant remember any players being signed although I am happy to be corrected on that one. I can only conclude from your comments in this thread that you are at it. The doors this way.....

Guest Andypendek

Was earlier than 2006, wasn't it? I know my join date was reset after a board crash and I'm sure I'd been posting for over a year by that point.

Guest Andypendek

Good Lord, six years of posting. To think how often I've berated journos for not getting bored writing the same old shite. Pot/kettle scenario.

Now I'm not one for sticking up for Bain but.... what evidence is there that he undersold our players? How many players that left us that he undersold were then sold on for a higher fee to prove the point?

I can only think of Adam if he gets sold

Hate to say it, but are we missing Martin Bain???

As i recall he used to ALWAYS get the targets we were after... quickly and effectively. Travelling all over Europe in a few days to tie deals up!

:lol: Quickly ? Tim surely.

Hate to say it, but are we missing Martin Bain???

As i recall he used to ALWAYS get the targets we were after... quickly and effectively. Travelling all over Europe in a few days to tie deals up!

Try a wee bit further doon the river mate - nothing biting here.