Whittaker Turns Us Down Again....

If he is so good in Ally's eyes then he won't let him go for a penny less than we bought him for. He must surely now be worth more than we paid for him which was 2 or 3 million IIRC?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which part do you think is spot on because you surely cant agree that players who are in the last year etc are not fully committed?

Im pretty sure that the SPL's top scorer last season was in the last year of his contract and it didnt seem to effect his performances...

Would you not agree that if it comes to the crunch(literally) they would pull out of tackles rather than pick up an injury?

I certainly wouldn't go as far as saying not trying,can you remember Brian Laudrup in his last season with us?

Miller was on fire when his future was in the balance,none of us know how it may have affected him mentally if he refused our contract offer and let him run his current one down.

Rangers first and if folk don't want to stay get them out and get a fee in.

Whittaker's agent has said that Bursaspor have made a good financial offer - thing is how can they unless Rangers have given permission ? In other words they have probably tapped the player up. If this is the case then the club should contact UEFA.

Also, the only reason Bursaspor are able to offer Whittaker a better wage, is because they plan to get him on the cheap. If they end up having to shell out £2 million for him I think he'll find the wages on offer won't be half as impressive as before !

Whittaker's agent has said that Bursaspor have made a good financial offer - thing is how can they unless Rangers have given permission ? In other words they have probably tapped the player up. If this is the case then the club should contact UEFA.

Also, the only reason Bursaspor are able to offer Whittaker a better wage, is because they plan to get him on the cheap. If they end up having to shell out £2 million for him I think he'll find the wages on offer won't be half as impressive as before !

Its not really all that different from McCoist and Whyte talking to the press every chance they get about the likes of Goodwillie, Cuellar and Wallace before we have even put in a decent offer to the club.

Dundee unt release statement about Goodwillie.

Due to recent media speculation, Chairman Stephen Thompson has issued the following statement: "We have had no contact with Rangers FC since Monday 20th June and have not received a bid from them for David Goodwillie".

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=3935

Ran out of patience with Whittaker now. If we get an offer of 1.5 million take it. If not, he can train with the reserves and watch his final season with us on an internet stream. 20k per week is obviously not enough for him so doubtless he won't have Sky Sports.

Would you not agree that if it comes to the crunch(literally) they would pull out of tackles rather than pick up an injury?

I certainly wouldn't go as far as saying not trying,can you remember Brian Laudrup in his last season with us?

Miller was on fire when his future was in the balance,none of us know how it may have affected him mentally if he refused our contract offer and let him run his current one down.

Rangers first and if folk don't want to stay get them out and get a fee in.

People always mention Brian Laudrup when its comes to this but again that is one example in a number of 100's...

I can honestly say that i think there is not a player in the world who is playing in a game, when the ball breaks, is in that fraction of a second going to stop and think hold on i might get injured, more than normal because he is the last year of his contract...

David Vaughan just played the best season in his career in the last year of his contract, Kenny Miller had arguably his best season in a Rangers shirt in the last year of his contract, the same with Neil Danns, Brad Friedel, Matthew Upson, Jiri Jarosik, Andrea Pirlo, Philippe Mexes....all players who were in the last year of there contract and still played the majority of there teams games to a good standard.

We put far too much thought into it all because of Laudrup's example and i would argue all day long that in this season especially, when we have to do massive rebuilding, i would rather keep Whittaker and Bougherra and let them leave for nothing than lose them for £1m just now and then having to replace to very important 1st team players with less than we paid for one of them!