Official: Gers Face Malmo Or Torshavn In Cl Qualifiers

TheMotor

Since there is no prospect of a particularly nice away day for the fans this time, who do you fancy us getting, just on footballing grounds and, maybe, ease of travel for the players?

Possible teams we can draw (likely winners of round 2 ties in bold). We are the top seeds and in group 2:

KRC Genk (Belgium)

FC Pyunik (Armenia) or FC Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic) - Plzen won 4-0 away in the first leg of round 2

Valletta FC (Malta) or FK Ekranas (Lithuania) - Ekranas won 3-2 away in the first leg of round 2

FC Zestafoni (Georgia) or Dacia Chisinau (Macedonia) - Zestafoni won 3-0 at home in the first leg of round 2

Malmö FF (Sweden) or FC Torshavn (Faroe Islands) - Malmö won 2-0 at home in the first leg of round 2

I would hope to get Ekranas.

The Lithuanian league is mince (I know, I know........Kaunas :disappointment: ), Malmö are weak and having a poor season but will be fit as they play summer football, Georgia is a nasty trip for the players and Plzen and Genk look half-decent so don't fancy them much. We should beat any of them though.

Edit: Sorry, dummy here didn't see the pinned thread. Please feel free to move this in there admins.......

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to get ahead of ourselves.........If the results turn out to go the way of the seedings, then the playoff round should look like:

Seeded

Rangers, FC Copenhagen, BATE Borisov (C'mon Linfield!), Maccabi Haifa, Dinamo Zagreb

Unseeded

Rosenborg, Partizan Belgrade, APOEL, Wisla Krakow, Sturm Graz

All winnable.

Just to get ahead of ourselves.........If the results turn out to go the way of the seedings, then the playoff round should look like:

Seeded

Rangers, FC Copenhagen, BATE Borisov (C'mon Linfield!), Maccabi Haifa, Dinamo Zagreb

Unseeded

Rosenborg, Partizan Belgrade, APOEL, Wisla Krakow, Sturm Graz

All winnable.

I disagree that they are all winnable, could see Rosenborg and possibly Belgrade being toughies.