Rangers Reject Bid From Burnley For Lafferty

Broxi1872

RANGERS have rejected Burnley's offer of £1million plus stopper Andre Bikey for their ex-striker Kyle Lafferty.

SunSport understands Clarets boss Eddie Howe was prepared to include giant Cameroon defender Bikey as part of the package to snare Lafferty.

But any move has been blocked - a sign that new Gers gaffer McCoist sees hitman Lafferty as a key part of his long-term plans.

The Northern Ireland ace, a £3.25 million signing from Burnley in 2008, finished last season in sensational form alongside Nikica Jelavic, netting eight goals in the final 10 games including the title-winning hat-trick at Kilmarnock.

Lafferty, 23, was a popular figure at Burnley, but the striker - currently facing a month out with a groin injury - would prefer to stay at Ibrox.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3698453/Ally-McCoist-KOs-Lafferty-bid.html#ixzz1SDPOhG9U

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmmmm. I actually think that would of been a very attractive offer for us. The 1 million could have been put towards goodwillie and we would have got a good CB out the deal aswell.

I know Lafferty is not everyones cup of tea but one million and Bikey= no deal.Perhaps in the past pre takeover when Lafferty was struggling but not now.Lafferty still has to prove himself and be more consistant for us but I do feel he can and will be a better player next season.

Good news, big Kyle has bags of ability when he gets going, really proved himself towards the end of last season. Hopefully he can start this one as well as he finished last!

He's 7 foot and he plays the :crabflute: kyle :lafferty:

Lafferty is still relatively young, he's been a stupid boy as well. Once he irons out all the nonscense and starts to be more consistant he could be some player. He has already shown he can beat players for fun, he CAN have a good touch and he can be composed and strike some great goals.

I think it's nuts to sell him for such a low price.

He HAS proven his ability, all he needs now is consistancy and that generally comes. The talent is the hardest thing to come by - he certainly has talent.

The only problem I have with him is he seems very injury prone.