Official: Bougherra Leaves As Bartley Arrives For Another Year

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought the fee was around £3million? Still, a decent wee fee to bring in for a player desperate to leave, and would have done for nothing in a year's time anyway. The boy from Anderlecht looks desperate to join, so hopefully we can tie up a deal soon for him, and our defence is sorted.

Given us some cracking memories. Scored one of the best goals I'm likely to see at Ibrox against Dundee Utd, goal against Stuttgart and his performance against the taigs when Edu scored to name a few.

Yet he leaves on such a poor note. At least we got a half decent fee for him.

KYLE BARTLEY is delighted to be back at Rangers and says he is keeping a promise to Ally McCoist by returning Ibrox.

And the on-loan Arsenal defender insists he has unfinished business in Glasgow after missing last season's title climax through injury.

He said: "I stated when I left Rangers last season that I felt like I had unfinished business and during pre-season my aim was to come back here.

"I spoke to the manager at Arsenal a few times over the last few weeks and explained that I wanted to be playing games.

"At this stage that's vital for me and he thought that the best move for me was to come back here and play.

"There were a few options in the English league but Mr Wenger said he would leave the decision to me.

"I gave my word to Ally that if I was going on loan again I would be coming back here and I wanted to keep my word.

"It was great to win the league last season but it was a bit of a bittersweet moment for me because I was injured, so I felt I had unfinished business and it's great to be back."

Bartley was disappointed that he won't have a crack at Champions League football after watching his new side's defeat to Malmo on Wednesday night, but says that had no bearing on his decision when it came to returning.

He added: "Rangers have a massive appeal. The fans are magnificent and they, the staff and the players were all great with me and that was always going to mean there was a pull to come back.

"I had a brilliant few days when we won the league last year, but after only playing five games in the SPL it was disappointing to miss the end of the season but it was still a great experience for me.

"I was watching the game on Wednesday and obviously it was a massive blow for the club but we've just had the Europa League draw so hopefully we can get through that.

"The clubs were talking before that game, but everything was just agreed last night and when I got the OK I was on the first flight this morning."

Scott+Brown+Kyle+Bartley+Celtic+v+Rangers+DVkQX8KLwptl.jpg

Scott+Brown+Kyle+Bartley+Celtic+v+Rangers+yPhEgbJNhhVl.jpg

kyle-bartley-tackle-large-553639913.jpg

I0000gxUoA3MvcrE.jpg

o8w4gh.png

14dq13t.jpg

Would rather have lost Boughy than Davis Or Shagger. I wonder whether the interest from down south simply didn't appear or whether he just wanted to cash in? To think, there was chat of Arsenal looking at him at one point (not that I thought that was ever a goer) Fair play to him, got no problems with him going. Thanks for everything big man.