Matt Mckay

Broxi1872

I heard we might not be getting a work permit agreed till mid september. How does that work?? 1month for a work permit, Ive never ever heard for awaiting that long for a permit. How come we have to wait and wait yet the other side of city already seem to have them approved before they make a bid. Makes me mad :mad:

I heard we might not be getting a work permit agreed till mid september. How does that work?? 1month for a work permit, Ive never ever heard for awaiting that long for a permit. How come we have to wait and wait yet the other side of city already seem to have them approved before they make a bid. Makes me mad :mad:

I read somewhere that his involvement in the World Cup Qualifiers with Australia may hinge the approval of a work permit, think that might be the delay.

I read somewhere that his involvement in the World Cup Qualifiers with Australia may hinge the approval of a work permit, think that might be the delay.

You mean it might be enough to push him over the 75% of games?

You mean it might be enough to push him over the 75% of games?

The article never said that. Maybe it would be enough to sway it in our favour though. Disappointing if we need to wait till then though.

Matt McKay is likely to be unavailable for Rangers’ Europa League double header with Maribor, with a Scottish FA work permit appeals panel not currently due to convene until after the tournament’s additional registration deadline.

Australian international McKay agreed a move to Ibrox from A-League side Brisbane Roar last Friday but, having played just eight of his country’s last 14 competitive internationals, he does not automatically qualify for a work permit.

The SFA have to give their endorsement to any application and, despite Rangers’ hopes of a quick resolution, their appeals panel are not due to sit until this Friday.

Rangers have until 11pm on Wednesday night to register one additional player for their Europa League play-off round fixtures but will have to do without McKay, who is due to make his last appearance for the Roar on Tuesday night, unless the date is brought forward.

“It's sad to be leaving the Roar,” McKay told Courier Mail of his impending departure. “I've had some great times here but when the opportunities arise, you've got to take them.

“It's a big opportunity for me at a club that's up for winning titles every year. I've always harboured hopes of playing in Europe.”

Providing his UK work permit is granted, the 28-year-old will be back in Brisbane in little over two weeks time as he takes his place in the Australian national team for two 2014 World Cup qualifying matches.

The Socceroos will host Thailand at McKay’s current stomping ground on September 2, before travelling to face Saudi Arabia four days later.

“My full concentration's on these next World Cup qualifiers,” he added. “I want to be playing in Brisbane and I want to be playing in Saudi Arabia.”

Conspiracy talk is complete nonsense but it is still a complete disgrace that the SFA work permit appeals panel cannot be convened whenever necessary during the transfer window when Scottish teams are trying to progress in Europe.

I don't care what club it is for, if they are going to continually bang on about how important it is for Scottish clubs to do well in Europe, they should be making some fucking effort to assist them. They should know fine well that clubs are trying to bring in players at this time, just as they should know when the qualifying rounds are played, and they should schedule accordingly, even if it turns out to be a waste of their time.

9/11 an inside job = bullshit

Roswell/Area 51 = bullshit

JFK murdered by FBI = bullshit

New World Order = bullshit

Rangers being unfairly denied work permits = the truth

It is such an indictment on our country that this sort of pre-war corruption is allowed to continue.

We'll just have to struggle on as usual, winning the league no matter what they throw at us.

To be honest, as much as I want this guy signed up as soon as possible I think it's more important to have a centre half if we are going to register anyone on a wildcard.

No Bartley, No Weir, No Papac?, No Whittaker.

We need to make sure we progress in this competition and to do that I think a CB is more important than another midfielder where we have adequate cover!

Conspiracy talk is coplete nonsense but it is still a complete disgrace that the SFA work permit appeals panel cannot be convened whenever necessary during the transfer window when Scottish teams are trying to progress in Europe.

I don't care what club it is for, if they are going to continually bang on about how important it is for Scottish clubs to do well in Europe, they should be making some fucking effort to assist them. They should know fine well that clubs are trying to bring in players at this time, just as they should know when the qualifying rounds are played, and they should schedule accordingly, even if it turns out to be a waste of their time.

:lol:

Heard now that we have got an appeal meeting set for friday. I would rather get a defender signed as our wildcard so that doesnt bother me too much. Glad to hear that at least we dont need to wait too long for the permit, still too long though

He was always going to be denied the permit at the first time of asking, as it is purely a mechanical exercise based on percentage of appearances etc. McKay does not have the requisite amount.

However, the SFA appeal panel (Pat nevin is a member amongst others) can look at a whole range of contextual factors, and it is nigh on certain he will get his work permit. It was never anticipated that he would be available for the first leg, so I don't really see much of a story in this at all.

All a lot of hot air about nothing really. His first application was ALWAYS going to be rejected, and he was NEVER in contention to play against Maribor.

SFA panels work at a slow pace, this has always been the case. To talk of conspiracy theories etc. is just mindless nonsense. Most of the permits celtic had granted were often denied at the first attempt also.

He was always going to be denied the permit at the first time of asking, as it is purely a mechanical exercise based on percentage of appearances etc. McKay does not have the requisite amount.

However, the SFA appeal panel (Pat nevin is a member amongst others) can look at a whole range of contextual factors, and it is nigh on certain he will get his work permit. It was never anticipated that he would be available for the first leg, so I don't really see much of a story in this at all.

All a lot of hot air about nothing really. His first application was ALWAYS going to be rejected, and he was NEVER in contention to play against Maribor.

SFA panels work at a slow pace, this has always been the case. To talk of conspiracy theories etc. is just mindless nonsense. Most of the permits celtic had granted were often denied at the first attempt also.

the cletic 1 did getrejects then 2 days later he has 1 but we need to wait til the 6th of septenber to get mckay but they can sign people from the fukin jungle and get a work permit fine after it gets rejected thy just get it the next couple of days