Big Sam Lines Up Laff Bid

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I die inside eevery time someone says Lafferty only comes good after the split. Goal vs hearts to win 1-0, hat trick against Dunfermnline not ring any bells?

(tu)

Lafferty hate should be left in 2008.

Last season was Lafferty's most productive season for Rangers so far. He's matured and his form was vastly improved as a result and I believe we will see a continuation of that this year.

Get this bid to fuck and get him fit and back in the team because his partnership with Jelavic was blossoming and I'd love to see a continuation of it.

I hope this is thrown out the window, he is worth more but regardless we need the big man, his form improves each year and he is going to improve for many years to come he is still only young.

Our squad is tiny as it is we don't need to sell good players for pennies, he plays for the badge, he stays.

I'm surprised how many people would sell, I'd thought it be a daft thing to do considering he was coming good for us.

Have you notched the majority of people who want Lafferty out are the negative fans who only seem to come on here to moan about how shit things are?

I won't name name's but I think you can see who I'm talking about ;)

Id let him go for £4M+ time for us to start playing hardball with other clubs for a change!

Aye, because this is vastly different from us bidding low for players this entire window. Not complaining, it's good if we get a bargain but you can't greet when other club do the same, especially when it's not a silly low offer

I'd take it as long as the money was reinvested.

Jelavic, Naismith and a new £4M striker would be perfect. With Hemmings and Healy as back up. :crabflute:

Naismith at RM. Healy is crap. Hemmings unproven. Selling Lafferty will leave us with only Jelavic. Do you trust us to bring in a quality striker with our dealings this window? No!

Naismith at RM. Healy is crap. Hemmings unproven. Selling Lafferty will leave us with only Jelavic. Do you trust us to bring in a quality striker with our dealings this window? No!

We will have more chance of having a quality striker in our squad if we sell Lafferty!

I dont think we should sell simply because we have next to nothing else up front to play alongside Jelavic and there are no guarantees that Super would get the full fee for a replacement.

On the other hand, those who are saying £4-5m... Is he really worth double what we valued Goodwillie at?

For 2 months a season, is he really worth holding on to?

If only this had happened a few weeks ago and we could've got Goodwillie in with the money.

It's coincidence. The final 6 weeks of the season tends to be the only time in a season where Lafferty is given a regular run as a striker. It's not like he simply doesn't try until then.