Does Whyte Trust Super Ally With His Money!?

We've already had numerous threads on this most tiresome of topics. We have a team full of international footballers. Let them settle and we'll be fine.

Edit - don't buy into the media and that stupid 'warchest' story - anything but sensible investment would be risking the future of our club at this time, if we don't learn from previous lessons then we don't deserve our club to exist

Welcome to the board, mate. Nobody knows what Whyte's playing at, but our showing in the transfer market has been amateurish at best.

Just seems like whyte doesnt want to shell out on a 2.5 or 3mil player. In sayin that though I'm impressed by some of the lads brought in. Squad depth was a necessity and we've achieved that. Would still like to see a striker though. Our current team will still beat THEM though. 4iar here we come. Thanks for the welcome mate.

Just seems like whyte doesnt want to shell out on a 2.5 or 3mil player. In sayin that though I'm impressed by some of the lads brought in. Squad depth was a necessity and we've achieved that. Would still like to see a striker though. Our current team will still beat THEM though. 4iar here we come. Thanks for the welcome mate.

Good post

You raise a fair point but why would the new owner just pile in and spend like the man who got us in the financial mess in the first place?

Seems to me that some folk expected him to arrive then start paying daft money for average players just so it looked like he was backing the manager.

Time will tell if the signings made in the past few weeks help us win the league. I genuinely think they will.

McGregor, Davis, Whittaker, Wylde all signed up on long term deals.

Wallace, Bocanegra, Ortiz, Bedoya, Goian, McKay all signed

Bartley on loan.

Spent quite a bit of cash already this summer in transfer fees/signing on fees/wages.

McGregor, Davis, Whittaker, Wylde all signed up on long term deals.

Wallace, Bocanegra, Ortiz, Bedoya, Goian, McKay all signed

Bartley on loan.

Spent quite a bit of cash already this summer in transfer fees/signing on fees/wages.

Agreed , its now up to Ally to find the right combination and get them playing like a Rangers team.

Yep his cunning plan was to let Ally blow the chance of all that Champion's League money and a run in the Europa just so he could sack him when he could have done that before the season started.

If he sacked ally at the start lots of our fans would've went nuts. If whyte let ally spend big, and we didn't go through, things financially would be a lot worse. I'm not sayin his plan was to get us chipped out the champions league, that's just absurd. Your reply will be, as absurd as your post. Was just wanting to hear a fresh view of fans opinions. WATP

If he sacked ally at the start lots of our fans would've went nuts. If whyte let ally spend big, and we didn't go through, things financially would be a lot worse. I'm not sayin his plan was to get us chipped out the champions league, that's just absurd. Your reply will be, as absurd as your post. Was just wanting to hear a fresh view of fans opinions. WATP

As absurd as asking if Whyte is waiting on the fans turning on McCoist to replace him?

Rhetorical.

I don't want us to go down the same route as before - Overspend and suffer for it.

However, the main issue I have is that we were told we had £5m to spend (which is a relatively small amount, but better than nothing). Then Whyte came out and said that wasn't enough and he'd give Ally more. With the money that has come in from Boogie and Charlie we are nowhere near that figure. Even without their money we still haven't spent as much as £5m as far as I can see.

I do understand those that say we are out of Europe therefore have to tighten our belts, but surely the figures Whyte quoted didn't take CL/EL qualification into account. Perhaps wages makes the difference to £5m or so, but it does send mixed messages when we attempt to buy players for £2m+ then swap to players for about 400k.

Jog on timmy

One of the reasons I just followed rangers media and didn't post anything. As soon as some1 doesn't like what some1 else says that means they are from the dark side. Some 'fans' are just retarded and if that's what u get from the post, I'm a tim, u fit in this bracket of fans. Calling some1 one of THEM is just uncalled for mate. Slate me for what I've said, feel free. Don't liken me to THEM.

doh

Just a thought. Do u think whyte is waiting for fans to turn on mccoist so that a more established manager can be let loose with his alleged warchest? My first post by the way, try not to slaughter me too much!

dohdohdoh

Im starting to think that all this 'Whyte and his trust in Ally on the transfer market' thing is because we missed on David Goodwillie. I dont think it was Whytes fault that we blew the chance to sign David Goodwillie. We could've done it earlier and easier and for only 2m. Instead we waited too long, we wasted too much time with offers that we knew are not going to be accepted and look what happened - we had to bid not 2, but almost 3m and even then that baldie bastard refused to accept our offer, because he had Blackburn knocking on the door.

Also, lets not forget that in the last two years we hardly signed any player on a permanent deal. Now we signed 7 players, one of them on loan. Which is enough trust in a manager you havent picked yourself, if you ask me.

And lets have a quick look at this(possible) situation - you become owner of a football club, theres already a manager, a rookie one, you dont trust/want him, but you still provide him some cash for new players. Then he blows the chance of playing in the CL and Europa League. What do you do? If you dont trust him, and after the unconvincing start, of course you will replace him. But today Ally McCoist is still manager of Rangers FC. Thats why i think Craig Whyte have got enough trust in Ally McCoist. Otherwise he would've replaced him by now, especially after the european disaster.