• No, but I never did before the ban anyway

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC latest dig at Rangers :lol:

The Glorious Revolution, 1688

Myth: The revolution was glorious

The Catholic James II ("dismal Jimmy", as Nell Gwynne called him) came to power in 1685, but lasted a mere three years before fleeing to France in what came to be called the "Glorious Revolution".

James's flight and his replacement by the Protestant William of Orange was viewed as an example of pragmatic, bloodless reform, in contrast to the current and future convulsions elsewhere in Europe.

Mural of William of Orange in Belfast William of Orange's legacy is still revered by many

The truth is a little different. It was bloodless only because James capitulated. William's Dutchmen invaded illegally and with main force, from a land with which England had only recently been at war.

He brought a huge fleet of 463 ships and some 40,000 men. Parliament had not requested such an invasion, the King clearly hadn't and the "invitation" from six peers and a bishop was constitutionally irrelevant. England was attacked by a foreign ruler to usurp a legitimate monarch.

The invasion was clearly treasonable but, as the saying goes, "if treason prosper, none dare call it treason".

I still have BBC as my homepage, but have never used BBC Scotland for anything except maybe the weather.

same for me.

need to use the weather for work and read the world, uk, scottish and then local news first thing in the morning.

dont usualy read about the gers on there as they are usualy last or wrong anyway, but do read about F1 and the gossip coloumn now and then.

as for purely BBC scotland there isnt much in the way of things i like on the tv and never listen to radio scotland anyway.

I'm in China so no BBC (except BBC World) and no i-player but voted 'yes' as I often download Sportscene on a Monday. It's the only way I can see the Rangers if the streams are out. It also keeps me more interested in what else is going on in the SPL and the highlights help to reinforce my opinion that the tarriers really are shite. And I download other UK programmes and some of them are from BBC Scotland.

Sorry, beggars can't be choosers in the Middle Kingdom.

WATP

Thats the thing about the Beeb....... you dont have to use their service for them to pocket your money, lol.

Do i still use it? - Yes

Do i believe they're against Rangers? - Honestly, no i dont.

Who will be the big loser in all this? - Whyte? the Beeb?..... Nope, THE FANS