Bring Back The Billy Boys!

NorthernLights

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally just a reader, but thought I would add my "tuppence worth".

How's about:

Hello, hello, we are the Billy Boys

Hello, hello, you'll know us by our noise

54 titles in the bag, let's do another one...(or "we're heading for a ton"

The world's most successful club bar none

54 easily updated to 55,56,etc. Only problem with the ton thing is when we reach it, but then that won't be a problem that will concern us, as we will all most probably be "pan breid" by then. (My preference is "let's do another one).

Mind you, it seemed a lot better when I was in that zone between awake and sleep,and I was playing about with it in my head, but apart from that I would like it to be back in some form or other as I think it is a stirring tune which instantly gets most people joining in, and is instantly recognisable as a rangers tune by everyone.

No mention of "f****n".

No mention of "surrender or you'll die".

Lets everyone know who we are...Billy Boys (keeping the songs title), and our achievement and aim.

And that we are indeed the world's most successful football Club.

And nothing to offend anyone.

Tuppence spent.

Right, I'm away back into obscurity.

WATP

They cut out the FTP after the sash and plenty are bevvied at away grounds so what's the difference?

Nothing entices like tbb, and when so many would rather sing the naughty edition. I'm for changing words but still have doubts about seeing it through

Nothing entices like tbb, and when so many would rather sing the naughty edition. I'm for changing words but still have doubts about seeing it through

The problem i have is that we have so little faith in our own support to be clever and stick two fingers up at those seeking to harm us. Fans are getting arrested for feck all at games these days so it is going to be a very brave or stupid fan who sings the original words knowing plod is a few feet away ready to pounce.

The problem i have is that we have so little faith in our own support to be clever and stick two fingers up at those seeking to harm us. Fans are getting arrested for feck all at games these days so it is going to be a very brave or stupid fan who sings the original words knowing plod is a few feet away ready to pounce.

I don't have that faith due to the amount of people who don't want to change the wording, I say let it lye and have the scum enjoy the songbook limelight then look at it in the future.

Up to our knees in celtic scum.....

That would do for me but was it not also about singing the words "Billy Boys" and promoting the bigotry of Billys gang?

hey nothhing wrong with mr fullertons loyalist gang, also the term "billy boy" it ryhms with us also

our nickname - sons of william ? well think about if your a son of william then your billy's boy

the billy boys :21: