Aluko to be hit with a 2 game ban

rangers_1993

if aluko gets banned for two matches for a yellow card offence its a fucking disgrace. and the sfa are trying to entice more supporters out to watch their teams with their actions of the last three weeks ie: oconnor dive overturned when it was blatant the non elbowing of samarses face red card overturned and now talk of banning aluko they will drive the supporters away from the game.and to add fuel to the fire they wont be taking any action against the scum for singing pro ira songs even although they were heard by the on duty match commander of strathclyde police and reported by him ? you couldnt make it up they are a shower of tarrier loving bastards like the bbc and are trying everything in their power to help the scum in their quest to take our crown from us.we welcome the chase scumbags here we go 4 in a row. :crabflute:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any other football organisation in the world hand out retrospective punishments for diving?

Absolutely ridiculous that you can get a two game ban for a yellow card offence. You really have to wonder what the SPL are playing at at times.

Absolute disgrace.

Did we even appeal for the penalty? I dont recall any protests.

The SFA should be looking at the ref and having a word with him.

Aluko should have been booked in my opinion after going down easily, however as i say i dont recall him appealing. Now though we face losing him for two games because the ref fcked up.

What was Aluko meant to say - "Naw ref that wasn't a penalty"

Disgrace, i hope we appeal this.

IF.....

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

By DARRELL KING

Share 6 Dec 2011

RANGERS and the SFA were today on a collision course after winger Sone Aluko was cited by compliance officer Vincent Lunny for an act of ‘simulation’.

The Nigerian has been offered a fixed penalty two-game suspension after Lunny reviewed TV footage of the first-half penalty awarded to Rangers by referee Steve Conroy when Aluko tumbled in the box after a coming together with Dunfermline’s Martin Hardie in Saturday’s 2-1 win at Ibrox.

Aluko has been cited for a breach of Rule 202 which states that ‘no player shall cause a match official to make an incorrect decision and/or support an error of judgement on the part of a match official by an act of simulation’.

Rangers have until 3pm tomorrow to respond – but sources at Ibrox indicated today that they will not accept the automatic ban being offered and will take the matter to a judicial panel tribunal, which will be heard on Thursday afternoon.

That three-man tribunal, which will be made up of a former referee, player and manager selected from 100 individuals on the SFA’s agreed list, will then decide whether Aluko dived to try and con the referee, or whether it was a legitimate spot-kick award.

If Aluko’s appeal fails, he will be banned for the trip to Hibs this weekend, and the home match against Inverness Caley at Ibrox on December 17.

The player strongly denied he had taken a dive in an after-match press conference on Saturday, stating that he felt contact from Hardie that was enough to send him over as he ran at full speed into the box.

TV pictures showed minimal contact, and it now remains to be seen if the tribunal will favour the SFA, or Aluko’s interpretation of what went on.

A suspension for the former Aberdeen man would be a huge blow for McCoist as the recent signing has brought much-needed creativty to the Rangers side in the two games he has played since agreeing a six-month contract, with an option for a further two seasons.

In September, Gers’ Steven Naismith was cited by Lunny after he was caught on TV elbowing Dunfermline’s Austin McCann off the ball at a corner.

The club accepted the two-game ban offered on that occasion.

No doubt in my mid he will definitely be banned we will appeal and it should be overturned.

O'Connor has set precedent here so the SFA shouldn't have a leg to stand on.

If it is not overturned I hope we can all agree this fast track system is purely for Rangers.

I don't buy into this. If it was the other way round would you be saying that? I wouldn't be. Referees are supposed to ignore appeals from players etc. Aluko went down from a 'challenge' in the box. They feel he tried to con the ref so he could get a ban. And anyway, Jelavic and Davis both had their arms out asking for the penalty.

In all honesty it was a very soft penalty and if Garry O'Connor had served his ban and it hadn't been overturned I'd accept it.

But it's hard to take after the whole O'Connor fiasco. It's made them look like right fucking morons. That is were my gripe will be. I'd also say two games is too much, one would suffice. It wasn't a blatant dive.

I know my own won't be a popular opinion, it's just how I see it.

One game would be enough for a yellow card offence! for fuck sake mate we have enough to contend with with timmy and his non stop propaganda war without our own turning on us!

One thing to come from all this. We should highlight and complain about ANY dodgy decisions taken from now on.

Now they have called Aluko in, they have set a precedent and will have to do the same if other players break the rules.

However much they might think they can, they can't apply the rules selectively.

They have opened up a huge can of worms with this and they'll need more compliance officers.

One thing to come from all this. We should highlight and complain about ANY dodgy decisions taken from now on.

Now they have called Aluko in, they have set a precedent and will have to do the same if other players break the rules.

However much they might think they can, they can't apply the rules selectively.

They have opened up a huge can of worms with this and they'll need more compliance officers.

Thing is the media will only highlight incidents involving us and sweep under the carpet anything involving them

we are getting it from all angles here

I'm not even going to get involved until we have appealed and found out if he gets banned or not.

It should be a clear case of them showing the hibs gary o connor incident and asking what the difference is.

We should take them to court if a satisfactory outcome is not reached lol