That Energy Was Missing...

JRodgA2k8

Now lets get this straight, in terms of formation before and at the start of the game I was fairly happy, yup lets have a go at them however we lost the game in the middle of the park...badly.

What Celtic were up against in the middle was a severely off form Steven Davis, which carried on tonight, and a player in Lee McCulloch where he has lost all of his mobility due to the injuries he's had over the last couple of seasons. There was absolutely no ounce of closing down or energy in the middle of the park and the player that provides that for us was on the bench tonight...

Step forward Maurice Edu.

Now for all the small mistakes he makes in games, hopefully fans will now realise the importance he has within our team. Edu is always energetic and closes players down, sure he isn't exciting on the ball but we really need him to pressure the opposition and do a lot of the donkey work. Without him in there tonight Celtic were able to exploit an off the pace midfield central duo and completely control the game second half.

When he came on tonight things started to look a lot sharper in the middle of the park with more movement offered off the ball from the American and Steven Davis even seemed to find himself with a bit of room. He isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea but surely people can see we missed him tonight, as hard as it may be for some to believe. So when he inevitably now starts the Motherwell game on Monday afternoon, get right behind him because in a way he makes our midfield work.

This title is by no means over, yes we've given up quite the lead in this title race, but it's still in our hands and until it isn't I hope the players respond to the challenge.

the man appears to be the enigma of our squad, one minute get him to feck next give him a game :craphead:

Not for me mate, never has been.

I have defended Edu's role in our midfield over the course of the season and if anything tonight justified exactly why he should be in there in the first place.

in our next game i would be severly tempted to try edu and Fleck or Bendiksen in the middle of the park, davis and mcculloch simply arent good enough

On current form...captain or not...Davis should not be immune to a bit of time out the starting line up.

The middle of the park have been dreadful all season. It needed a striker in Naisy to go back in there to give us a lift in midfield.

At the back, i have no worries at all. We are solid.

Up front we are light in numbers but have two strikers who will score given chances and service.

Our midfield, makes me sick. We are diabolical in there and so so weak.

I see edu`s role in the team but I think he should never have been bought as he`s not good enough.

we should expect a better style of player in our midfield.

But he`s there so we have to use his energy. he has nothing else in his locker I`m afraid.

When he gets the ball you never think with excitement whats he going to do next. a defence splitting pass or a great run. nope nothing.

but he is fit and could do a good man marking job.

Its been missing for months other teams by pass our midfield as if its non existent

What do they do in training do they not play five aside games where the art is keeping the ball

and letting the ball do the work

We have done that once this season in the soccer sixes where the oldies

showed what were missing !!

We must have young midfield players that can be promoted to the first team but ally hasnt got the balls

Id rather see us playing the young boys attacking teams taking risks and playing as a TEAM if we lose big deal

its better than watching more of this utter shite for the rest of the season.