AVB backs Ally

rfcfraserrfc

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has backed Rangers counterpart Ally McCoist to be a success at Ibrox.

Villas-Boas was in Glasgow to give a talk on the Scottish Football Association Pro-License course and to help conduct the William Hill Scottish Cup fifth round draw.

The Portuguese boss did his own coaching course at Largs alongside McCoist and said that he had already been impressed with how the Rangers manager had settled in to the top job.

Rangers have recently conceded top spot in the SPL but Villas-Boas said that McCoist would not stop working to regain pole position and would be a success.

“For Ally, it started in a little bit of turmoil,” Villas-Boas said. “But he managed to show his talent and his ability to turn it around in the beginning.

“[Rangers] led the league for so much time but I think it’s obvious that people had written Celtic off a little bit in the beginning when they went into a poor run of results.

“They managed to get it back to a short distance before overtaking Rangers in the league.

“I have a tremendous sympathy for Ally and for Ian Durrant who are two of my friends during the period I was here and I am sure they will do everything in their power to turn things around and be crowned champions.

The Chelsea manager also said that he had not had further discussions about loaning Chelsea players to Rangers after initial talks in the summer.

Nice words there. The videos up on the STV website for anyone interested.

You don't value the opinion of a top manager?

Not on his opinion of another manager no.

In what way is he a top manager? <cr> He has had one good season as a headcoach, in his homeland, in a 2 horse race.

At Chelsea he has a lower win percentage than Ancelotti, Avram Grant and Scolari. He is not even close to being a top boss yet. All 3 sacked.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has backed Rangers counterpart Ally McCoist to be a success at Ibrox.

Villas-Boas was in Glasgow to give a talk on the Scottish Football Association Pro-License course and to help conduct the William Hill Scottish Cup fifth round draw.

The Portuguese boss did his own coaching course at Largs alongside McCoist and said that he had already been impressed with how the Rangers manager had settled in to the top job.

Rangers have recently conceded top spot in the SPL but Villas-Boas said that McCoist would not stop working to regain pole position and would be a success.

“For Ally, it started in a little bit of turmoil,” Villas-Boas said. “But he managed to show his talent and his ability to turn it around in the beginning.

“[Rangers] led the league for so much time but I think it’s obvious that people had written Celtic off a little bit in the beginning when they went into a poor run of results.

“They managed to get it back to a short distance before overtaking Rangers in the league.

“I have a tremendous sympathy for Ally and for Ian Durrant who are two of my friends during the period I was here and I am sure they will do everything in their power to turn things around and be crowned champions.

The Chelsea manager also said that he had not had further discussions about loaning Chelsea players to Rangers after initial talks in the summer.

Nice words there. The videos up on the STV website for anyone interested.

What does that fucking charlatan know about anything?

I couldn't give a shit what he thinks about anything.