Salim Kerkar.

RangersMedia

Enough of the shitty jokes about this man. He deserves a start against Hibs. When he came on today he was full of energy and running, picking the ball up behind Jelavic and making clever passes. He has an unorthodox style of play, but it works. He's also surprisingly decent in the air, put himself about well. He did more in the 20 mins he was on the pitch than Healy's done the past few games.

I'd rather have Kerkar on that pitch than Healy - Healy doesn't even make runs anticipating Jela's flick ons, what kind of a striker is he?!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep saying it, but Kerkar today, for me, was ridiculously impressive when he came on, he hasn't put a foot wrong since coming here really, maybe not playing him before is paying off.

He was full of running and had some nice control. Hope he'll prove us all wrong.

People have made fun out of him and he's become this little mascot, but he has something to offer our team.

Kerkar strikes me as someone (to me anyway) that I've seen quite a bit in football at all levels of football over the years. Someone who is outrageously talented skill wise, but lacks the composure and footballing brain to put things in motion properly. He's also incredibly clumsy. If he ends up making it here, he is going to go down as a Ted McMinn type player. That's what he reminds me of anyway.

I agree with this but I'd add from what I've seen of him so far IMO his unorthodox style is hard to defend against - his clumsyness makes him unpredictable, if that makes sense?

People have made fun out of him and he's become this little mascot, but he has something to offer our team.

I agree with this but I'd add from what I've seen of him so far IMO his unorthodox style is hard to defend against - his clumsyness makes him unpredictable, if that makes sense?

I don't want to say this, but, it's what Zidane used to be like, in terms of body shape and being a bit clumsy looking -but obviously nowhere near the quality, he has potential to do a job for us.

Agree with this opening post , Salim Kerkar was quite good, certainly a lot better than healy when he came on, made decent runs and looked to make chances, was very surprised myself actually.

Healy should not have been given a new contract, lost a lot of pace, and misses an awful lot of chances. Salim Kerkar deserves his chance now

I don't want to say this, but, it's what Zidane used to be like, in terms of body shape and being a bit clumsy looking -but obviously nowhere near the quality, he has potential to do a job for us.

I agree with what your saying mate, but yove just used "zidane" and "clumsy" in the same sentence :lol:

I'm sorry but he is just earning the same reputation as Filip Sebo, full of heart, running and desire but ultimately he is no more than a cult hero and frankly an indicament of where we are as a club at the moment - can you imagine the likes of a Struth, a Souness or an Advocaat looking at Kerkar and thinking "Aye, you know what, the lad looks like the answer to our problems" (td)

who is rangers class? the top players (not in any order) greig, baxter, cooper, mccoist,goram, laudrup, gazza. medium players(not in any order) mcall, i durrant, albertz, klos,weir, mols, hately. lower players(not in any order). B ferguson,prso,cueller,numan, gio, reyna. (this list is just an exaggeration)(before high horses get taken) think about what is being said here? have our standards dropped that much?

who is rangers class? the top players (not in any order) greig, baxter, cooper, mccoist,goram, laudrup, gazza. medium players(not in any order) mcall, i durrant, albertz, klos,weir, mols, hately. lower players(not in any order). B ferguson,prso,cueller,numan, gio, reyna. (this list is just an exaggeration)(before high horses get taken) think about what is being said here? have our standards dropped that much?

WELCOME TO 2012

Maybe Kerkar coming on signals the kick up the arse that the players need, but when he comes on we seem to score:

vs. Aberdeen - Salim Kerkar for Lee Wallace (66) - Goal Maurice Edu (67')

vs. St. Johnstone - Salim Kerkar for Lee Wallace (80) - Goal Nikica Jelavic (81')

vs. Arbroath - Salim Kerkar for Lee Wallace (66) - Goal Salim Kerkar (77')