Our Future

I believe Whyte is doing the right things for our Club. I Believe he has or is closer to making the wage bill realistic to what we should be spending given our income! Deadline day was horrible but i don't believe that our Club can afford to spend the money we got from Jelavic and the reasons for that have been ongoing for years! Guy's like Jordan Mcmillan were on £3000 a week! A player who has only made 3 or 4 starts since he was first brought to the club in the days of the First Blue Heaven tv program. Which has since had a follow up as we know, but still the guy made his money despite not playing regularly during spells on loan at Hamilton, Queen Of The South & Wrexham. Mcmillan stayed on our wage bill! John Fleck is on around £6000 a week! to little effect! Then we have the Actual big earners! Guy's like Beasley, Andy Webster, Steven Smith, Chris Burke, Hemdani,Velicka,Jerome Rothen,David Healy & James Beattie!! All of whom have failed to deliver in a Rangers Jersey! and these guy's mentioned are only from the last 3/4 years or so. We have spent so much money over the years on no better than average players! in 2008 we had a full team squad of 28 or 29 first team players all on big money that we didnt have!!

I find it crazy that people are now giving Whyte grief when the previous owner and his board made these mistakes over the last few years! Not counting ...Prodan.... Flo.... Gayle... Ostenstad.... Thern.... Etc.

Imagine Murray hadn't payed off or given hospitallity to the Journalists that he had in his pocket during his time?? THE HEADLINES IN HIS ERA SHOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE!! He took us to the brink!! He is the one that should be getting the blame for the mess we are in.

As for what Whyte is doing with the clubs money. He is protecting our club by moving our assets and collateral to protect them from being taken from us due to the miss management by the previous owner!! Our Biggest problem isn't what Whyte is doing but what is hanging over us via the Hrmc Due to The previous boards mistakes! Lets not be kidded times are going to be hard for a few years but i want to watch Rangers until i die and i want my kids & their kids to do the same and so on, If it takes a few years of hard times to make that possible then so be it WATP!!!

I believe Whyte is doing the right things for our Club. I Believe he has or is closer to making the wage bill realistic to what we should be spending given our income! Deadline day was horrible but i don't believe that our Club can afford to spend the money we got from Jelavic and the reasons for that have been ongoing for years! Guy's like Jordan Mcmillan were on £3000 a week! A player who has only made 3 or 4 starts since he was first brought to the club in the days of the First Blue Heaven tv program. Which has since had a follow up as we know, but still the guy made his money despite not playing regularly during spells on loan at Hamilton, Queen Of The South & Wrexham. Mcmillan stayed on our wage bill! John Fleck is on around £6000 a week! to little effect! Then we have the Actual big earners! Guy's like Beasley, Andy Webster, Steven Smith, Chris Burke, Hemdani,Velicka,Jerome Rothen,David Healy & James Beattie!! All of whom have failed to deliver in a Rangers Jersey! and these guy's mentioned are only from the last 3/4 years or so. We have spent so much money over the years on no better than average players! in 2008 we had a full team squad of 28 or 29 first team players all on big money that we didnt have!!

I find it crazy that people are now giving Whyte grief when the previous owner and his board made these mistakes over the last few years! Not counting ...Prodan.... Flo.... Gayle... Ostenstad.... Thern.... Etc.

Imagine Murray hadn't payed off or given hospitallity to the Journalists that he had in his pocket during his time?? THE HEADLINES IN HIS ERA SHOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE!! He took us to the brink!! He is the one that should be getting the blame for the mess we are in.

As for what Whyte is doing with the clubs money. He is protecting our club by moving our assets and collateral to protect them from being taken from us due to the miss management by the previous owner!! Our Biggest problem isn't what Whyte is doing but what is hanging over us via the Hrmc Due to The previous boards mistakes! Lets not be kidded times are going to be hard for a few years but i want to watch Rangers until i die and i want my kids & their kids to do the same and so on, If it takes a few years of hard times to make that possible then so be it WATP!!!

Well researched post, you can add plenty more to the list on line 4 though, signing any player regardless of the fee is a gamble, hence i'm fully behind the trial system in place that led to Aluko signing, give them a fortnight at training if they turn out special(Aluko)sign them if not get rid(the rest), its no guarantee to transfer training ground ability to the real deal but its a good heads up.

I have always believed that it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

We need to start running the club in a sustainable manner. There is no point in bankrupting ourselves just to win the league. For the next few. Years, we may fall behind, but if it allows us to financially stabilise, then it must surely be the best course of action.

A lot of truth there. Still C Whyte has yet to prove his worth, although we will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

The biggest red herring is that Whyte has to prove his worth to anyone on this earth. His worth to Rangers, however, is very important, in terms of what he can bring; and I happen to think there are certain things happening that are of the benefit to the Club in certain ways that were simply not happening before, and were being greatly neglecting.

We are seeing before our very eyes the possibility that Rangers is a brand that can be utilised much more to the maximum than it ever was before; that is one instance. We are seeing a more frugal approach to the way that Rangers operates on the transfer market; something I think had to be articulated to those who thought the Club was a mug when it came to bringing in players. And we are seeing Rangers defend itself more in terms of the attitude that was prevalent in the media, that we were there for picking off anytime they liked, and that the Club would just sit back and take it.

These are very important contributions given by the new custodians: added to the fact that, so far, Craig Whyte is quite open and approachable with the fans, look positive from where I am sitting. I am a sceptic about Craig Whyte; but I will try my best not to be a cynic: I will give him a chance, over time, to see if what he brings to Rangers stands the test of time. By their fruits shall ye know them; well we will see from season on season if what Craig Whyte has done bear fruit or not; and that will be the only criteria to determine whether he has been a success or not. In my opinion, Craig Whyte always has to bear that in mind all so.

The biggest red herring is that Whyte has to prove his worth to anyone on this earth. His worth to Rangers, however, is very important, in terms of what he can bring; and I happen to think there are certain things happening that are of the benefit to the Club in certain ways that were simply not happening before, and were being greatly neglecting.

We are seeing before our very eyes the possibility that Rangers is a brand that can be utilised much more to the maximum than it ever was before; that is one instance.

There has been much talk of this but what has actually materialised from any of it, apart from the Indian trialists farce and banning any media company that dares to criticise?

We are seeing a more frugal approach to the way that Rangers operates on the transfer market; something I think had to be articulated to those who thought the Club was a mug when it came to bringing in players.

That merely translates to us not being serious about buying certain players, and instead of showing our strength, we have become a laughing stock with the way we go about our business. Grant Holt being one of the most blatant pieces of 'we tried, honest' that you will ever see.

And we are seeing Rangers defend itself more in terms of the attitude that was prevalent in the media, that we were there for picking off anytime they liked, and that the Club would just sit back and take it.

The banning of the BBC was down to them embarrassing Whyte personally, not because of their attitude towards RFC.

These are very important contributions given by the new custodians: added to the fact that, so far, Craig Whyte is quite open and approachable with the fans, look positive from where I am sitting. I am a sceptic about Craig Whyte; but I will try my best not to be a cynic: I will give him a chance, over time, to see if what he brings to Rangers stands the test of time. By their fruits shall ye know them; well we will see from season on season if what Craig Whyte has done bear fruit or not; and that will be the only criteria to determine whether he has been a success or not. In my opinion, Craig Whyte always has to bear that in mind all so.

I am not going to undo the validity of the points you make; I can't anyway, they are sound points that every sceptic about Whyte should have. I could be misguided, I am certainly open to the possibility that I could be; but as I say, time will tell.

Shitebag! :D

I sincerely hope that the doubts over Whyte that I have prove to be unfounded, as I'm sure all Bears do.

Shitebag! :D

I sincerely hope that the doubts over Whyte that I have prove to be unfounded, as I'm sure all Bears do.

Aside from my cowardice!, you make the kind of points that every fan should be stating. Is Craig Whyte serving himself or the interests of Rangers and the fans? I see things that I wish had happened in better times: better marketing: taking care of the 'brand' more, although the brand is a word I dilike; and just a sense that Rangers, as an entity, had to protected in the context of its place in Scottish society. I can't see many others out there doing those things, especially people who claim to be Rangers fans and have the means to do something about that; and that means we are in some way dependent on Craig Whyte seeking to improve things at Rangers in the hope he helps himself as well. I really hope that he represents a turning point for Rangers.

I have always believed that it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

We need to start running the club in a sustainable manner. There is no point in bankrupting ourselves just to win the league. For the next few. Years, we may fall behind, but if it allows us to financially stabilise, then it must surely be the best course of action.

We've already cut the wage bill, squad size, transfer fees spent rather significantly from what I can see.

The way I see it how are we that far off just ending up on the same level as the likes of Hearts and Motherwell? It's incredible we finished the transfer window with one fit striker at the club when we're supposed to be miles ahead of the rest.

If it's what needs to be done then sobeit but I never thought it would be as bad as this, I always felt we'd at least be able to maintain a team capable of challenging even if the squad wasn't so big, but from the noises Whyte has made we need to cost cut further more than anything. And all this is regardless of the result of the tax case.

We've already cut the wage bill, squad size, transfer fees spent rather significantly from what I can see.

The way I see it how are we that far off just ending up on the same level as the likes of Hearts and Motherwell? It's incredible we finished the transfer window with one fit striker at the club when we're supposed to be miles ahead of the rest.

If it's what needs to be done then sobeit but I never thought it would be as bad as this, I always felt we'd at least be able to maintain a team capable of challenging even if the squad wasn't so big, but from the noises Whyte has made we need to cost cut further more than anything. And all this is regardless of the result of the tax case.

Something nobody seems to consider, is, that is one option, the other is increase monies in. Or, perhaps, a combination of both.

We win the league, and, get the the group stages, that is 12 months deficit covered, so, breathing room, as an example

Something nobody seems to consider, is, that is one option, the other is increase monies in. Or, perhaps, a combination of both.

We win the league, and, get the the group stages, that is 12 months deficit covered, so, breathing room, as an example

true, but getting to the group stages has proved difficult. definitely not a guarantee. cost cutting is the easier option for the foreseeable - if you have 6 or 7 squad players (and by this i mean guys who are actually playing 15 or so games a season) who are kids, you're paying around, what 3 grand a week, instead of say 8 or 10 grand. for 7 guys, thats approx 1.5m to 2m taken off our annual outgoings. and thats just getting rid of guys like Bedoya who doesnt even play. get rid of Whitts, maybe replace Davis with Ness. those two would save another couple of mill. these would be huge moves to make, but my concern is that 10m deficit number CW threw out last week - we have to start living within our means. at the moment, we simply cant afford the squad we have.

that said, a good counter argument to this would be that we may lose any chance at the league if we get rid of our best players. i concede that, but if it gets us in a sound financial position in a few years then it may be for the best. we may also groom some solid youngsters as well, and set ourselves up for a longer run of being champions.

That is exactly the way we have gone about our business recently. Failure to do what you say results in a £10m shortfall, players being sold and cutting the wage bill further and reducing the calibre of player we have. Increasing awareness in 'the global brand' will bring nowhere near enough to cover that in the short-term. That is without even factoring in any other bills that need to be paid.