American millionaire

markybear

A MYSTERY American millionaire is among " several" interested individuals and groups ready to rescue Rangers when it emerges from Administration.

The Stars and Stripes businessman has been approached in the past to be a potential buyer but baulked at taking on the debts and tax demands to take control at Ibrox.

Express/Star sport has learned however that he has now forwarded a " note of interest " to Administrators Duff and Phelps asking to be kept informed about developments.

With the long term interest in Rangers of current owner Craig Whyte remaining uncertain Adminstrator Paul Clark yesterday confirmed a number of parties --including at least one consortium -- had already been in contact with a view to buying the club once the financial crisis has been resolved.

"As Administrators we have a duty to look at all other expressions of interest in the club. To date we have had several such expressions and these will be examined in the forthcoming days and weeks and I will not comment on them individually

"I would like to say that as Administrators we are acutely aware of the 140 year history of Rangers and we are taking the first steps to ensure this great sporting institution will endure."

It's thought that any new owner would have to fork out in the region of £25m to secure the stadium, Murray Park training complex and the Albion Car Park.

Former Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston who is based in Cleveland, Ohio and has been highly critical of Whyte tried to find a buyer in previous years and helped source a £20m cash injection from Bahamas based billionaire Joe Lewis back in 1997 .But it's not known if he is involved in finding another " white knight "

Rangers currently have three USA internationals on their books . Maurice Edu Carlos Bocanegra and Alejandro Bedoya.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/302654

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see if he claims this as being part of his hints

Well mate i had told Darchevinny that members of the RSA/RST believed Yanks to be looking at us, just after TR posted on here. Along with Murray and co and that came out, i doubted it but i will remain open minded.

Next owner we get though will be very unfortunate in that it will take a helluva long time for any of us to trust them

Interesting to see if he claims this as being part of his hints

Well mate i had told Darchevinny that members of the RSA/RST believed Yanks to be looking at us, just after TR posted on here. Along with Murray and co and that came out, i doubted it but i will remain open minded.

Next owner we get though will be very unfortunate in that it will take a helluva long time for any of us to trust them

This is why I want fan membership. £50 a Yr. stipulation being the Main shareholder has to tell the members of important financial deals. We can't end up like this again. Whyte has destroyed us