How would we all feel if...

thebooler

Hero or Villain  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Craig Whyte goes tae jail for saving the Rangers. Hero or Villain?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Its pretty much general knowledge that we're in administration. I'm sure many on here will be able tae confirm it for ye.

Just for the record. Ive never in my lifetime visited any celtic forums of any description.

And i was one of those many in my first reply in this thread, administration was not the subject in our recent conversation, liquidation was.

Either way NOT the man to lead our club in the future

And he won't be.

With the debt we had and the tax case hanging we were fucked Murray knew this.

nobody was remotely interested in buying so therefore Murray set up the deal to move the club into whyte's hands

knowing full well whyte's m.o.

From assuming control of the club try your best not to pay and bills , debts or creditors in any way

run the club into administration.

Get creditors to accept a fraction of what you owe them

now the club isn't quite debt free but it is a viable going concern as a business

sell the club and make a profit

disapear back to London/Monaco or wherever

Murray has now got rid of the club

whyte is portrayed in the media as the bad guy

new owners have a healthier club not strangled in debt

Job done

Aye, but we're no in liquidation.

If we win the big tax case, we wouldn't have needed administration either if Whyte had had the money he claimed at the outset.

He has opened the door for every man & his dog to put the boot into us - ground which will take us years to recover even if it does come right for us in the tax case.

If we win the big tax case, we wouldn't have needed administration either if Whyte had had the money he claimed at the outset.

He has opened the door for every man & his dog to put the boot into us - ground which will take us years to recover even if it does come right for us in the tax case.

Aye, its certainly no nice mate, but if needs be, then we just need tae accept it.

The main issue atm for me is that the club survives. What others think of us disnae really bother me. Nae cunt likes us anyway so it'll only give them something else tae talk aboot.

And he won't be.

With the debt we had and the tax case hanging we were fucked Murray knew this.

nobody was remotely interested in buying so therefore Murray set up the deal to move the club into whyte's hands

knowing full well whyte's m.o.

From assuming control of the club try your best not to pay and bills , debts or creditors in any way

run the club into administration.

Get creditors to accept a fraction of what you owe them

now the club isn't quite debt free but it is a viable going concern as a business

sell the club and make a profit

disapear back to London/Monaco or wherever

Murray has now got rid of the club

whyte is portrayed in the media as the bad guy

new owners have a healthier club not strangled in debt

Job done

Been saying this almost verbatim for months now. (tu)

The thing is, as nothing at all yet has been declared illegal regards ebts, and there is supposedly know way for anyone to know these things short of contempt of court, then there is actually no real need for us to be in admin right now if Whyte had paid the bills. He supposedly went over the books with a fine toothcomb before he took over, so he must have known what the situation was regards any decifit in running costs.

The questions for me are, how did he fund the take over? I have a feeling he cobbled together the money needed, then when he did take over, got the money from ticketus to pay that back to wherever he got it from, hence he can say he didnt use that initially to fund the takeover. And why he chose now to put us into admin. The argument that HMRC were going to do it first doesn't wash with me, because if he has paid the taxes as he was supposed to then surely they wouldn't - at least yet - have had that chance.

So right now, based on what little we still know and until he comes out and proves that not only everything he has done is in the best interests of Rangers, but that he has done this all as legally and above board as can be expected, then I honestly couldnt give a shit. If he's commited criminal offences in his take over and subsequent dealings then he deserves what he gets, if he is innocent he has nothing to fear.

Craig Whyte, when all is said and done, is a nobody.

Aye, its certainly no nice mate, but if needs be, then we just need tae accept it.

The main issue atm for me is that the club survives. What others think of us disnae really bother me. Nae cunt likes us anyway so it'll only give them something else tae talk aboot.

Admire your stoicism - bit easier for likes of me down here, where all I'm getting is a lot of genuine interest & concern (even from the less 'Rangers minded'!) You guys up there must've been getting if from all angles - hopefully should be better once the Administrators get some actual facts out & we know the extent of the damage & who can seriously come in & put it right.

....................the stories about Craig Whyte turned out to be true, and he's ripped everybody off, including David Murray. He subsequently gets the jail for it, and Murray goes down with him.

BUT...........................by committing a few illegal acts, he saved our club.

Hero or Villain?

saved us from what. administration....