Anyone still think that supporting Rangers is just about the football?

Colonel Mustard

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. I'm actually offended by when you misinterpreted my post but it's not like that matters on the internet (tu)

Actually now that we have stopped swinging snideys...

I am sorry if I misinterpreted what you had written - I thought you were dishing Minstral - and old guys like him need protection.

Actually now that we have stopped swinging snideys...

I am sorry if I misinterpreted what you had written - I thought you were dishing Minstral - and old guys like him need protection.

I'm not annoyed you misinterpreted what you read, more your reaction.

I like Minstral (tu)

If it was all about religion the churches would be packed to the rafters - they're not, they're empty.

For me it's about Rangers FC, and yes, they're a football club. The folk around me still in the stands at 90 minutes on Saturday cared about the team, the club and those who support them. They we're the ones who to me showed the greatest passion, and to be honest, there were many who left without so much as look back - something that amazes me given the current troubles we face.

Those who care about religion more than the club will find another vehicle for their support of a faith which they don't actually keep.

Those of us who place the club first and foremost though have everything to lose!

OH FFS grow up! - It has FK all to do with your religion, percieved religion, or your view of what religion should be. It has nothing to do with politics, unionism or any other nonsense political label you would like associated with our club.

Our current predicament has fk all to do with any religious or political stance by anybody.

SDM overextended and got in the shit and couldnae get out of it when the recession bit and screwed up by selling out to CW. CW is looking like someone out to feather his own nest at any cost - and most likely doing so by being crooked.

Unless SDM and CW were long term deep plant for the RC faith (and that is probably a conspiracy theory you would buy into in your stupidity) this thread and your post is trying to use the current mis-fortunes of Rangers to get backing for your warped view of what supporting Rangers should be all about.

We have been led here by someone who over-reached and by someone who is just a crook. I have NO DOUBT the Rangers face a battle ahead, but it is not the quasi-religious, semi-politcial mobilisation of the Kirk and the Unionist movement you hope for. (and shame on you for trying to make sure your politics and religion come out stronger by pandering to the fear in support). The fight we face is to make sure that the futire of 'our' club is never again put at threat by the financial custodians who get the privilage of leading our club.

Your contention that we are where we are because of Murray and Whyte is accurate but at the same time, with respect, somewhat naive.

Anyone familiar with the upper echelons of the current capitalist business world is quite aware of the cesspool of corruption at its core - the banking collapse of 2008 being the tip of an oncoming iceberg.

i watched a ceo, a family friend at the time, commit to a $5,000,000 political contribution to a finance minister in a montreal restaurant. a few days later, that same company received a multi million dollar loan to procure a competitor. A few weeks later, after receiving the loan, the company declared bankruptcy.

Undoubtedly, the business practices of Murray and Whyte are, to say the least, dodgy - but this is status quo in an entrepreneurial universe where, according to the New York Times, "a Government Accountability Office study released in 2008 found that 55 percent of United States companies paid no federal income taxes" (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/business/economy/03rates.html)

Therefore, the relevant point demanding investigation is - why Rangers? when, if you dig deep enough, there is barely an executive or organization of equivalent stature, including Septic FC, that could survive such investigative scrutiny.

They are all at it, making the assertion that there is indeed an ongoing mobilization of mhedia, religious and political forces against us a valid one that demands inquiry. Were it otherwise, we would not be the exception of all the Big Boys.

While i disagree with your position i find it sad, in this dark hour - when unity is essential, for fellow bears to call u, or any other bear, a 'cunt' for having a differing opinion.

divided we fall.

that's what they want - don't give it to them.

I'll ignore your spelling, and ask you........are you defending Labour?

No, I don't think there is much point in defending any political party.

I voted Labour to get the Tories out, my family suffered a great deal under their rule.

I agree that it didn't make a difference but, I won't hang my head in shame for doing that.

Your contention that we are where we are because of Murray and Whyte is accurate but at the same time, with respect, somewhat naive.

Anyone familiar with the upper echelons of the current capitalist business world is quite aware of the cesspool of corruption at its core - the banking collapse of 2008 being the tip of an oncoming iceberg.

i watched a ceo, a family friend at the time, commit to a $5,000,000 political contribution to a finance minister in a montreal restaurant. a few days later, that same company received a multi million dollar loan to procure a competitor. A few weeks later, after receiving the loan, the company declared bankruptcy.Undoubtedly, the business practices of Murray and Whyte are, to say the least, dodgy - but this is status quo in an entrepreneurial universe where, according to the New York Times, "a Government Accountability Office study released in 2008 found that 55 percent of United States companies paid no federal income taxes" (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/business/economy/03rates.html)

Therefore, the relevant point demanding investigation is - why Rangers? when, if you dig deep enough, there is barely an executive or organization of equivalent stature, including Septic FC, that could survive such investigative scrutiny.

They are all at it, making the assertion that there is indeed an ongoing mobilization of mhedia, religious and political forces against us a valid one that demands inquiry. Were it otherwise, we would not be the exception of all the Big Boys.

While i disagree with your position i find it sad, in this dark hour - when unity is essential, for fellow bears to call u, or any other bear, a 'cunt' for having a differing opinion.

divided we fall.

that's what they want - don't give it to them.

This is the sort of thing that worries me even is Whyte is on our side (and that is still a big if) he's doing things that are probably quite acceptable in the business circles he moves in but are not what we want for Rangers. Not paying the PAYE and NI because he knew we were going into administration may be ok for some nondescript cement company but most definately not for us :anguish:

A bit off topic but how embarrassing of you to admit you are an SNP supporter!!! You do realise that is the party with the fat smug looking guy who answers every question with the phrases "renewable energy" or "people of scotland"?

Why the hell would I be embarrassed to be an SNP supporter ? They are doing well for us. (and yes way off topic)

If it was all about religion the churches would be packed to the rafters

What makes you say that?

Are you under the impression that church attendance is a prerequisite for religiosity?

Are you under the impression that religions are purely 'spiritual' phenomena?

Why the hell would I be embarrassed to be an SNP supporter ? They are doing well for us. (and yes way off topic)

Try telling that to the girls of our cities who are getting raped weekly by these Eastern European immigrants Salmond is wanting more of.

OH FFS grow up! - It has FK all to do with your religion, percieved religion, or your view of what religion should be. It has nothing to do with politics, unionism or any other nonsense political label you would like associated with our club.

Our current predicament has fk all to do with any religious or political stance by anybody.

SDM overextended and got in the shit and couldnae get out of it when the recession bit and screwed up by selling out to CW. CW is looking like someone out to feather his own nest at any cost - and most likely doing so by being crooked.

Unless SDM and CW were long term deep plant for the RC faith (and that is probably a conspiracy theory you would buy into in your stupidity) this thread and your post is trying to use the current mis-fortunes of Rangers to get backing for your warped view of what supporting Rangers should be all about.

We have been led here by someone who over-reached and by someone who is just a crook. I have NO DOUBT the Rangers face a battle ahead, but it is not the quasi-religious, semi-politcial mobilisation of the Kirk and the Unionist movement you hope for. (and shame on you for trying to make sure your politics and religion come out stronger by pandering to the fear in support). The fight we face is to make sure that the futire of 'our' club is never again put at threat by the financial custodians who get the privilage of leading our club.

Excellent reply, couldn't have said it better myself. The recent "persecution" from the "mhedia" has been brought upon by these two men alone. Sadly, the views of some are so deep routed that they will only ever see things the way they want to see them. It's sad to see others thinking they have to take the same stance when they probably don't understand what they're sticking up for. Rangers IS a football club and anyone that still wants to use our club on religious grounds needs to wake up and see that the majority of our support don't give a toss about that side of things anymore. Conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen.