Administrators Statement

debear

DUFF and Phelps, Administrators of Rangers Football Club, today issued the following statement.

David Whitehouse, joint administrator, said: "Since being appointed administrators last week there has been widespread concern raised with us, not least by Rangers supporters and season ticket holders, about the agreement between the Club and Ticketus.

"Following information received, it is now apparent that the proceeds from the Ticketus arrangements amounted initially to a sum in the region of £20 million plus VAT. Subsequently, £18 million was transferred to the Lloyds Banking Group.

"The application of the remainder of these proceeds is subject to further examination.

"We are now investigating all the circumstances surrounding both the purchase of the majority shareholding in Rangers Football Club plc and the flow of funds which stemmed from the transaction and were intended to fulfil the purchasers' obligations at the time of the sale.

"We cannot comment further on these matters while enquiries continue."

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Following information received, it is now apparent that the proceeds from the Ticketus arrangements amounted initially to a sum in the region of £20 million plus VAT. Subsequently, £18 million was transferred to the Lloyds Banking Group.

IE the debt that Whyte inherited when he bought the club? The debt which he apparently paid off/moved onto another one of his companys?

So it's been conformed he bought us using the ticketus money.

I had given whyte the benefit of the doubt but now this has been confirmed I hope he is nowhere near our club again.

He has got some balls to do something like this!

IE the debt that Whyte inherited when he bought the club? The debt which he apparently paid off/moved onto another one of his companys?

Basically he funded the takeover of the club with 3 years of season ticket money.

The £1 was all his though....so the story goes.

So that confirms it. However it will remain to be seen what security over our tickets that Ticketus actually have. If Whyte is to be believed they don't have any. :dry:

That's the thing. He has been proven to be a liar time and time again. Wots to say he isn't lying about that??

I had given whyte the benefit of the doubt but now this has been confirmed I hope he is nowhere near our club again.

I was the same, but not after this. Think this will be the final nail in the coffin for Whyte for the vast majority - if not all - of the support.

A fucking disgrace

That's the thing. He has been proven to be a liar time and time again. Wots to say he isn't lying about that??

The Administrators should get to the bottom of this pretty quick then we will know for sure. I'm not sure which scenario suits us best. If Whyte has the liability could he in turn pass this onto Rangers further increasing his percentage as a creditor. Ach I don't know my brains pickled with all this.

So that confirms it. However it will remain to be seen what security over our tickets that Ticketus actually have. If Whyte is to be believed they don't have any. :dry:

Pretty sure a lot of us made the mistake of believing him ;)

The ticket money is probably held over Ibrox or something ridiculous..