What was the point of Whyte?

mainsy81

We had £18m debt to Lloyds TSB which was brought down from around £50m over a few seasons with cost cutting. Whyte steps in and takes a loan out from tickitus of around £24m secured against 3-4 years season books to buy the club. Once in the job he does not pay PAYE of around £9m over 9 months. He is forced into administration by HMRC because of the unpaid PAYE. Now he will step down after administration.

We are in a worse position now than we were before he took over. Looks to me like Johnson, Bain, Paul Murray & John Grieg were all right. Why would a so called Rangers fan do this to us. What was the point of Craig Whyte???

if the tax case goes against us as many believe then administration and having a minimum debt of 18mill to a bank is surely a worse deal

Lloyds would have no hesitation in winding us up if they felt we were not going to give them the 18mill back and whatever else we owed them in overdrafts etc

I thought Whyte was always the front man for David Murray who would take the flak until after the Bankruptcy case so as not to sully the already Discredited Murray name.

After that Murray would ride to the rescue again proclaimed a hero by all. I still think Murray seems to be getting a good deal from the press and media over this as he seems to be slinking in the background avoiding any heat.

Still need all that facts and lets hope the Administrators give us that.

if the tax case goes against us as many believe then administration and having a minimum debt of 18mill to a bank is surely a worse deal

Lloyds would have no hesitation in winding us up if they felt we were not going to give them the 18mill back and whatever else we owed them in overdrafts etc

You keep on spouting this inane rubbish Jim. Whyte doesnt have 75% of the debt so all the smoke and mirrors that he has fooled you with (and it appears he is continuing to do so) is immaterial.

HMRC have a say right now. They would have had a say under Lloyds, perhaps a bigger one at that.

If we are to believe the administrators, HMRC are looking to work with us. Any idea why Whyte couldnt get that to happen ???

I will guess that it was because the wee lying grotbag didnt even try to as he was too busy bleeding us fukkin dry of every penny we had left whilst living is fukkin Walter Mitty lifestyle.

Decrepit wee bastard and still people are trying to justify his actions ffs. :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

The deal with Ticketus is not a loan. They have paid money for a set amount of season tickets over a set number of seasons. They now are the possessors of these season tickets and will receive all monies from the sale of these tickets.

So what if no one buys season tickets but instead pays at the gate?

So what if no one buys season tickets but instead pays at the gate?

They sell individual tickets out of the season ticket?

Given that they have a season ticket presumably with a seat number on it, they have the right to turn up themselves so the club can't sell an individual ticket for that seat.

He also f**ked up every signing target Ally wanted. We could have a decent team if we had a proper Chairman at the club. RAGING!

I know it's not as important as some of the bigger issues that he's caused, but what you've said there is still pretty galling.

I'm still confused with all this shite, still hoping that this is all part of a big masterplan and someone knows what the fuck they're doing. Another thing that has me confused, did we open a London office ? what's happening with it now? apologies if this has been asked before.

The deal with Ticketus is not a loan. They have paid money for a set amount of season tickets over a set number of seasons. They now are the possessors of these season tickets and will receive all monies from the sale of these tickets.

Don't buy a season ticket next year just pick up a paper one every home game 'simples'