After liquidation if it happens

nvager

Does a "new" Rangers start in the 3rd Division or in the SPL?

Can the SPL survive without us? A lot of the smaller teams are struggling and an SPL with no OF games will get no TV money and attendances will plummet. It is in their interest to let us back in.

If you believe SSN,Dunfermline can't pay there players due to one missed Rangers gate. Lieshman was on the telly earlier saying it's more to do with a postponed killie game and some storm damage. So make your own mind up, If every single club could afford to lose 2 of these gates per season as well as reduced tv income.

We would be allowed back in I imagine, if the worst does happen. A lot of the smaller teams are already being affected. Dunfermline couldn't pay their players wages apparently because they haven't received money, added to the fact Sky don't want to show an noncompetitive competition, means teams will lose even more cash. Teams will look at that and would be forced to say yes I would think since money talks.

Can the SPL survive without us? A lot of the smaller teams are struggling and an SPL with no OF games will get no TV money and attendances will plummet. It is in their interest to let us back in.

Good questions. The obvious answer on the other SPL clubs is...no. The SPL cannot afford the loss of Rangers due to the situation with TV rights. Should we cease to exist, then the deal with SKY defaults, as opens up SKY to ending the contract early. That deal ending would have a systematic influence on all SPL clubs as they are dependent on this revenue, along with the Old Firm away day revenue as shown today, sadly.

Wether the SPL has much choice in this matter is another question, as if the shoe was on the other foot, i'd ask questions if another club got special treatment regardless of its influence.

In relation to the a "new" Rangers - that depends on the SPL 'ticket' - the other eleven SPL clubs must vote YES to a new club claiming the current Rangers ticket. If not, then it's open to suggestion where we could end up.

Is it in the interests of them to let us back in, worst case scenario? absolutley. Will they think that now? Not a chance. That is what would promptly end the league as we know it now and turn it into a glorified Irish league.

All my opinion, of course. (tu)

:shifty:

:mutley:

Unless the powers that be agree otherwise, in the Central District League 2nd Division. I think that is pretty unlikely though.