Play for free proposal rejected

scottjf82

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is there a quote saying that this was presented to the players?

The article says that they weren't presented with other options like 75% wage cut, and all the rest of the other publicised cuts, so were they asked to play for nothing?

Your right in saying there isn't a solid quote. But there must have been some wage cut offer. A common practice when a club is in admin is that the players get asked if they will enter an agreement of getting paid if you play. Which doesn't seem to be covered yet. Probably because of the amount of injuries we have in ratio to the amount of money these injured guys are on.

It would be down right stupid to lay players off without trying to strike an agreement of cuts with the squad.

My biggest concern is how many players want to play under CW directorship. Every fan and player knows there is money somewhere. Craig Whyte said every penny is still in Rangers, which we know is a lie because he admitted 18m went to Lloyds (lying, told the truth, then lied about the lie he admitted was truth). So 20m ticketus money plus VAT 20%, 25m, but we know he didnt pay any VAT. So between 6-7m plus the money for Jelavic is somewhere, Craig Whyte said so himself.

So why should the players take cuts when the money is there. Somewhere.

Your right in saying there isn't a solid quote. But there must have been some wage cut offer. A common practice when a club is in admin is that the players get asked if they will enter an agreement of getting paid if you play. Which doesn't seem to be covered yet. Probably because of the amount of injuries we have in ratio to the amount of money these injured guys are on.

It would be down right stupid to lay players off without trying to strike an agreement of cuts with the squad.

My biggest concern is how many players want to play under CW directorship. Every fan and player knows there is money somewhere. Craig Whyte said every penny is still in Rangers, which we know is a lie because he admitted 18m went to Lloyds (lying, told the truth, then lied about the lie he admitted was truth). So 20m ticketus money plus VAT 20%, 25m, but we know he didnt pay any VAT. So between 6-7m plus the money for Jelavic is somewhere, Craig Whyte said so himself.

So, did players get asked to play for nothing?

He's asking if the players were actually asked to play for nothing....not whether there was a wage cut on offer. Any club in administration would be NUTS to even suggest not asking the players to take a wage cut!

He's asking if the players were actually asked to play for nothing....not whether there was a wage cut on offer. Any club in administration would be NUTS to even suggest not asking the players to take a wage cut!

I know what he was asking. I wasn't privy to the meeting but. So I can'#t answer it.

Does anybody know if players are insured against serious injury,by the club,or personal insurance,and if so how much does it cost? Or is it just international teams that have this?

I don't see why the club would have to insure them since they get paid anyway.

Not entirely sure but I seen something saying that most premier league players are insured. I'd assume it would be the same up here, although if its the club or the player that pays it I can't be certain.

Most premier League players won't be insured. The Elite will be. The rest will just get paid for sitting on the sidelines. It's not a done thing for clubs. It comes down to how much a certain player is worth. I reckon 15m+ so not most players in the PL.

Not entirely sure but I seen something saying that most premier league players are insured. I'd assume it would be the same up here, although if its the club or the player that pays it I can't be certain.

EDIT: Link to article I just found

I'm not saying they are uninsured.

I'm questioning whether an insurance company pays their wages when they are temporarily out due to injury.

Most premier League players won't be insured. The Elite will be. The rest will just get paid for sitting on the sidelines. It's not a done thing for clubs. It comes down to how much a certain player is worth. I reckon 15m+ so not most players in the PL.

That would seem very harsh,if someone got injured,they could be sidelined,for maybe months,with no wage coming in at all! I mean for clubs in admin.

I'm not saying they are uninsured.

I'm questioning whether an insurance company pays their wages when they are temporarily out due to injury.

Policy dependant some will some won't and percentage varies. Sorry misread the question first time around.

Playing for Rangers? I'd find something to do to get money.

Ever heard of Ian McColl or Ian McMillan?

Again, it's not as easy as that.

As fans we would play for free but in real life it's a lot different.

Some players will be in the position to play for free as they've earned a lot of money, others won't be in that position.

Ally is in the position as he's worth a lot of money and able to make that sacrifice for the club he loves. Dorin Goian for instance isn't connected the same way to our club so won't agree to play for free. He's here to make money and win trophies, now that we have no money or trophies then he'll be looking to leave.