Division 3 or SPL with penalties?

boss

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• SFL Division 3
    • SPL with points/monetary penalty for 3 years

The thing that I don't get is that we seem to be hearing about stripping of titles at the same time as talking about penalties for a possible newco. Surely the two are mutually exclusive. Either we are a new club and we can't be held responsible for the "old" Rangers, or we are the same club, with the same history but are subject to penalties.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i dont understand about the situation is the fact that we alone seem to be singled out for further punishments.

I'm not trying to start a paranoia debate (they have gotten a bit tedious to say the least) but why should we be punished further when teams such as Motherwell, Dundee and even Portsmouth and Leeds down south have had no such punishments.

Seems most odd that increased punishments are even mentioned.

Personally, i wouldn't want to play in a league in which its one rule for one and one rule for another, so i would much rather drop down to division 3 than ever play in a system which treats the club differently.

Its two fold. The cunts in green and grey hoops see the opportunity to set us back so far they will domintate for x number of years and most of the people who follow them are too stupid to realise that in the long run that counts for nothing because winning a one horse race is pointless. And secondly, because other sides in the SPL see the chance to get a wee bit extra money from the tv revenues and perhaps have a chance to get knocked out in the qualifying round of the CL. Vested interest is what has held Scottish football back for decades and continues to do so and will eventually lead to the game here dying. In fact it already is, it just refuses to realise that and get the treatment it needs.

Leeds did. They got a 15 point pen when in League 1. That was their punishment for effectively going bust and starting as a new company.

I never knew that. (tu)

Cant say that i usually keep up with administrations at other clubs....mostly because i dont understand most of what is being talked about.

What i will say is that we are effectively not doing that (YET!) so i still see no need for further sanctions against us.

Talking to a few guys who go every week, they said they would rather start from div 3 than have they cunts get any of our money,let the lesser clubs get a few bob off us for 3 seasons rather than any of them in the spl, as i say fuck them all it will come back to haunt them in the end

SFL without a shadow of a doubt. Watch the SPL crumble for 3 years whilst we give a boost to the smaller teams in Scotland.

Glory hunters can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

100% agree.....WE ARE THE PEOPLE..no matter what leauge we are in...

I would prefer 3rd division - but I was thinking about this earlier and if we are liquidated and need to reform (which is the only way these penalties can be applied as I understand it) but if we just said "Fine we will start from scratch" you watch the other SPL chairmen back off and change their minds. The TV deal goes to mush, the away fan revenue would be lost - call their bluff, with the strength that if we go to the 3rd we are doing with with some sense of honour. The alternate of 3 years of sanctions BUT with others gettingg cash - sticks in the craw to much.

This has been my opinion all along.

Call their bluff and they'll shit it

We'll just need to agree to disagree, cause going to division 3 would be disastrous for us. If we get the chance to stay in the SPL "IF" the worse scenario does happen, we should be grabbing it with both hands.

What on earth gives us the right to get direct re-entry to the spl?

The rules state "restart from div 3" and that's where we'll go, livingstone and Gretna didn't get any special treatment and nor should we.

I'm sure he would love us to have a points deduction and be denied TV revenue, though still have us in the league in order for him to get his hands on the majority of the TV deal. Well considering the only real games of interest for any company are four Old Firm showdowns, we would be mad to play into his hands in that way. If that were to be the scenario, then fuck him. Let him try and sell the league with their marquee games being Aberdeen or Dundee United and then watch him squirm as the co-efficient goes down the stank and they are even less likely to get European money. Meantime, pumping money we effectively give to them instead to Peterhead and the like.

Sorry to be a pain in the arse on my first post...but

In this situation, we are not the people.

Whoever buys the post-admin club, or picks up the assets of the liquidated club, will do what's best for them.

Did SDM ever do what was best for the club or for his ego?

Did Sh(W)yte ever do what was best?

Those with money will try to make money off our situation.

Seriously pissed off am I

The thing is other Spl teams who are currently having a good laugh at us would probably end up in Div 3 when it goes tits up for them too - take Rangers fans money along with Sky deals etc then there would be a few others in the same boat (hopefully Aberdeen for a start)

Liewell and all these other cunts can bash their gums as much as they like in the mhedia to look good for their supporters,but when it comes to the crunch and money starts talking, then let's see how brave they are.

For me I'd rather go to Div. 3 and let these cunts stew in their own juice.

In fact as a laugh I'd love to see us win Div.3 then Div.2 then Div.1 and then tell them to stick their SPL up their fuckin shit shute and tell them we're staying where we are :lol::craphead:

I'd go with division 3... leave the rest to suck each others dicks and watch the tv deal collapse

Punish Rangers to such a degree that we can't or probably won't win the title for an allotted period but still expect

Rangers fans to put cash in their coffers :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the title party in September next season :party:

What on earth gives us the right to get direct re-entry to the spl?

The rules state "restart from div 3" and that's where we'll go, livingstone and Gretna didn't get any special treatment and nor should we.

The rule also states from our new SPL contract the the Oldfirm must play against each other 4 times.

Plus, if the SPL can change the rules for Aberdeen and Motherwell to avoid relegation in the past, they can amend some rules to let us re-enter the SPL + penalties.

What i dont understand about the situation is the fact that we alone seem to be singled out for further punishments.

I'm not trying to start a paranoia debate (they have gotten a bit tedious to say the least) but why should we be punished further when teams such as Motherwell, Dundee and even Portsmouth and Leeds down south have had no such punishments.

Dundee were deducted 25 points last season for going into admin twice, I had an rant at a Dundee fan on the Sky forum when he said that we were getting preferential treatment by only getting 10 points docked when Dundee had got 25 points docked, he did omit to say that was a second punishment!

SPL for sure. Not into cutting my nose off to spite my face thanks. Sometimes I wonder if our fans actually want what's best for us. Too many folk interested in proving points and we'll show them. 'Them' gets far too much consideration from sections of our fans.

Everything should be done in the best interest of the club. Not for a fan base with alternative agenda's that include more politics than football.

SPL for sure. Not into cutting my nose off to spite my face thanks. Sometimes I wonder if our fans actually want what's best for us. Too many folk interested in proving points and we'll show them. 'Them' gets far too much consideration from sections of our fans.

Everything should be done in the best interest of the club. Not for a fan base with alternative agenda's that include more politics than football.

If we get a financial/points penalty for 3 seasons, we would be aswell just dropping down the divisions and getting ourselves promoted back to the SPL over subsequent seasons. By the time we got back there, all the current SPL teams are likely to be in liquidation or suffering from 10 point administration penalties due to the lack of a TV deal and European money.

The rule also states from our new SPL contract the the Oldfirm must play against each other 4 times.

Plus, if the SPL can change the rules for Aberdeen and Motherwell to avoid relegation in the past, they can amend some rules to let us re-enter the SPL + penalties.

Who going to be the new penalty taker then, we haven't had any since Nicika Jelavic left. craphead2.gif

If we get a financial/points penalty for 3 seasons, we would be aswell just dropping down the divisions and getting ourselves promoted back to the SPL over subsequent seasons. By the time we got back there, all the current SPL teams are likely to be in liquidation or suffering from 10 point administration penalties due to the lack of a TV deal and European money.

If we get a financial/points penalty for 3 seasons, we would be aswell just dropping down the divisions and getting ourselves promoted back to the SPL over subsequent seasons.

Why? and don't say to teach 'them' a lesson.

By the time we got back there, all the current SPL teams are likely to be in liquidation or suffering from 10 point administration penalties due to the lack of a TV deal and European money.

Maybe. But if there is one team in the SPL that would not go into liquidation because of lack of T.V money, who would you say it was?

That would put Celtic so far in front for about a decade

Your bit about European money is just void. Ten clubs budget for no European money and that other one club will make European money.