"Tainted Title" Talk Has Them Raging

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the title the taigs will win shall be known as the easiest title to ever have been won in Scottish football history. However, for us to make excuses and delude ourselves by calling it tainted is ridiculous. Before administration, they were already 4 points ahead of us and had already won 14 back to back SPL games in a row while we had only won 3 times in 7 games including 2 back to back defeats to St Mirren and Celtic. Can we really say that had there been no administration, all of a sudden they would have stopped winning games and we'd be ahead of them now? If anything there was a greater chance they'd drop points because of the 10 points added to their lead. If they win the league by less than 10 points then that is the only basis in which we could claim the title is tainted, otherwise it's just being bitter about our current predicament. Lennon is a shite manager and he'll be found out in Europe next season, as he has already with the Braga and Utrecht humiliations, and in seasons to come, he can win title after title but whether we're liquidated or not, he knows we'll always be the most successful club in British History. :crabflute:

Nice try Timothy.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to agree

As much as I hate the taigs, we blew our chances of the league even before Administration, we were on a downward slide results wise :(

:lol:

We once clawed back a seven point deficit twice in one season, the second time being around the period we are now so to write off the league just because we were 'on a downward spiral results wise' is garbage I'm afraid..

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the title the taigs will win shall be known as the easiest title to ever have been won in Scottish football history. However, for us to make excuses and delude ourselves by calling it tainted is ridiculous. Before administration, they were already 4 points ahead of us and had already won 14 back to back SPL games in a row while we had only won 3 times in 7 games including 2 back to back defeats to St Mirren and Celtic. Can we really say that had there been no administration, all of a sudden they would have stopped winning games and we'd be ahead of them now? If anything there was a greater chance they'd drop points because of the 10 points added to their lead. If they win the league by less than 10 points then that is the only basis in which we could claim the title is tainted, otherwise it's just being bitter about our current predicament. Lennon is a shite manager and he'll be found out in Europe next season, as he has already with the Braga and Utrecht humiliations, and in seasons to come, he can win title after title but whether we're liquidated or not, he knows we'll always be the most successful club in British History. :crabflute:

aye very good, titles are not won in Jan/Feb, when it really counts is Aprii/May time, if we hadn't been deducted 10 points we would've won 4IAR bottle is everything

The title is tainted it was over the minute we went into admin.

However we lost this title when Naismith got injured. I wouldnt have had any faith in Ally delivering anything this season if we hadnt of went into admin either, not one bit. Still think Super is the only man for the job now as morale must be so low.

I am going to start off by saying I am a Celtic supporter and will not try to hide this fact.

Been following this thread with some interest, and it encourages me greatly to see there are some Rangers supporters who can genuinely see the trouble your club is in today. Hopefully these supporters will have a club to support when all this is done and dusted. For your sakes I do hope so.

For the rest of you, the typical "Follow Follow" mentality if you like, I wish you nothing. Sectarianism, bigotry, intolerance has blighted both our clubs for far too long. Celtic still have their undesireable elements but so do Rangers, and to a far greater extent. Not until both sets of supporters utterly reject this attitude, we will both be stuck where we are. Manchester 2008 is reason enough why Rangers will never play in an English league (apart from the fact they wouldn't want to see their precious EPL Trophy in Glasgow, but that's a different story...) so you can forget that notion straight away.

Anyway, tainted titles. If you get solace from believing Celtic's title this year is tainted, then more power to you. In my opinion, for a title to be tainted the winner of said title would have in some way need to be proved to have cheated to help them win that title. Please explain to me how Celtic has cheated their way to this season's title. The truth is Celtic had overturned the deficit and opened a four point gap before admin was even whispered. The seven points that have followed may well have been assisted by the turmoil at Ibrox right now, but Celtic didn't cheat their way to the seven points. If Burley (bitter) and Hately (bluenose) want to call it tainted then fair enough. Mark Hately I can understand - he is one of you, Rangers to the core, and will always shout for Rangers. You can expect him to defend Rangers in any way he can (don't make him right, mind). Burley? Well... I'd rather not go there.

Read todays Telegraph - you guys are in very real danger of having several tainted titles on your books, assuming you are allowed to keep the titles, which is even less likely.

Anyway, there you go. Thoughts of a nothing-to-hide Celtic supporter. By all means slag away, call me a taig, tarrier, scum, cunt, whatever, I really don't give a damn cos ultimately deep down you know and I know I am being honest and fair in what I am writing right now.

Some of you guys really need to wake and see the real danger your club is in - start worrying about what's really gone/going on at Ibrox, cos believe me, Celtic winning a title is the least of your worries. To those of you who have seen this - hoof hearted and strutherhill - I wish you my sincerest good luck and hope your club does survive, cos I think I would miss the Celtic-Rangers fixtures, especially when we win! :)

:lol:

We once clawed back a seven point deficit twice in one season, the second time being around the period we are now so to write off the league just because we were 'on a downward spiral results wise' is garbage I'm afraid..

Aye, under the leadership of Sir Walter.

Burleys just calling it as it is. It's nice to see lennon losing it haha

When interviewed by Jim the tim Spence on the radio saturday after the game he was asked if the internationals during the week were to blame for the tics poor display, Lemon said that some of his players didnt get back until friday morning at 2am so of course it did. Little cunt. Try playing 8 games in 19 days ya wee prick, including a UEFA Cup final, 2 old firm games against you lot, 3 final league games going for the title in 5 days, followed by 18 hours "rest" before having to play the scottish cup final on a saturday. All we heard from that lot was no excuses. Fuckin rheptiles.

Just as well they were handed the title on a plate this year or he would have been decrying the stress of last years events making sure his team failed. Big bad Rangers supporters calling him an ugly popcorn teeth cunt in the street left him scared to leave the house in case anybody realised his fuckin armpits stink as well.My Youngest boy is a lovely lad, 17 , handsome and tall, rangers through and through, but not a bad word to say about anybody(takes after his maw),anybody apart from Lennon that is, he turns the air blue whenever he is on the TV.What Lennon fails to understand, its not only because he is a horrible little beadrattling , IRA loving prick that everybody despises him.

It is sheerly because he is a horrible little prick.

So suited to that club of mongs of his. Rant over!

Been a cunt of a day today all round

Sorry Bears

No Surrender

Rab

• 1 month later...

Full respect to Gillete for these stats (from the laugh at the scum thread)

Ross county cup semi

Braga

Utrecht

League cup final v us

ICT

Sion

Kille cup final

Winning the league at ibrox = hahahahaha aye right

Jambs cup semi