Paul Murray Doesn't Want Redundancies

RANGERS’ administrators were today warned axeing first-team stars could scare away prospective buyers.

Former director Paul Murray is interested in forming a consortium to rescue the crisis-hit club, writes Matthew Lindsay.

But the accountant reckons if Duff and Phelps make players redundant it will make a new owner’s rebuilding job far more difficult.

The administrators have rejected the players’ offer to defer wages until the end of the season and were set to lay as many as 11 of them off today.

That is even though first-team stalwart and diehard Gers fan Lee McCulloch has offered to play for NOTHING until the end of the season.

Murray said: “From my point of view, as a bidder, I want the squad to stay intact. That’s my starting point.

“Fundamentally, I want the squad to stay in place and then to have the chance to build upon that squad going forward. I don’t want any of those players to go.

“The administrators are saying there is a £4.3million shortfall. Let’s take that at face value even though I’m not sure where that figure comes from.

“But if I’m given the choice of plugging that gap by the deferrals the players are offering or by the cuts, then I would choose deferrals.

“If we are looking at replacing another eight, nine, 10 or 11 players, we could be looking at a need to come up with an extra £20 million or £30 million.

“If redundancies are made, you can only imagine the situation it would leave the club in.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/-1.1151169

I've got mixed feelings on this. I don't want to see players losing their jobs but it could be argued that we'd be no worse off without some of them.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope someone has a decent alternative bid to Paul Murray tbh, man seems all hot air and no substance and with the battles we face after we come out of admin we need a strong leader who actually has the balls to fight for us. Does Paul Murray have the balls for that fight? So far nothing tells me he has, although again we haven't seen or heard of other offers that fill me with any confidence we will get the leadership the club needs.

There will be action soon. He's just putting the final pieces of the jigsaw together.

Better hope the dog hasn't eaten the last couple of pieces. I hate it when that happens.

no that's just the date to lodge bids. we won't be sold until the tax case is decided.

I did mention this previously, the word indicative terms was used by the administrators. To see who is really interested and I also mentioned that it is not necessary the highest bidder that would be successful. They will look and terms and conditions within the offers.

And I know for a fact that mini is still phoning round trying to get people on board.

I did mention this previously, the word indicative terms was used by the administrators. To see who is really interested and I also mentioned that it is not necessary the highest bidder that would be successful. They will look and terms and conditions within the offers.

And I know for a fact that mini is still phoning round trying to get people on board.

good to hear.

The difference being that Paul Murray and his consortium want what's best for Rangers and not himself, Lloyds or MIH.

As things stand TBK's are still our best hope of saving the club.

At a loss as to how you can say this. When he knew for a number of years the club was heading down this road, but sat and the old hee haw routine.

According to you and leggo