Rangers players say no to pay cuts

Yata

So everyone in this thread knows all the ins and outs of the situation? Rather than jumping on the players backs lets wait and see what happens. Bunch of fucking morons.

Sense

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sooner they go elsehwere then the better (tu)

We'll the wage bill will certainly have to be cut severely by the end of the week.

So either major wage cuts or major player cuts are guaranteed.

Probably more likely a less severe combination of both.

not so sure about that. the players aren't giving in easily and the administrators bottling out of forcing their hand.

Maybe the reason the administrators aren't pulling the trigger is because of the meeting with Paul Murray, if he's saying he wants no redundancies, then no redundancies are made. You have to think this Blue Knights consortium must be the only real deal on the table. Scary if true.

If the 75% 50% and 25% paycut for top middle and bottom earners has been declined by our squad I hope the admin guys get ruthless with the squad!!!

It's a disgrace that players such as Davis, greegs, naisy can't or won't take a cut from 25k to just over 6k fir the remainder of the season.

Also while they fuck about the rest if the staff at rangers worry about there future.

Fucking sort it admin

If the 75% 50% and 25% paycut for top middle and bottom earners has been declined by our squad I hope the admin guys get ruthless with the squad!!!

It's a disgrace that players such as Davis, greegs, naisy can't or won't take a cut from 25k to just over 6k fir the remainder of the season.

Also while they fuck about the rest if the staff at rangers worry about there future.

Fucking sort it admin

Maybe its boys on £250 a week who refuse to take a 25% pay cut? Wish people would think before they post - Love that some people seem to think that making people take absolutely massive paycuts is somehow a simple notion.

Fucking sort it admin

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=213018

Haha I think Ssn must have been waiting for me to post. Totally get that taking huge wage cuts is not as easy as we all make out. I hope the latest revelation is true. It's just very frustrating. Either way, pay cuts or whatever, the sooner it's sorted, the sooner players can get a sense of some sort of normality back into there working and home lives, also the larger rangers staff, it's not just players in this.

While it is perfectly understandable that players look after themselves - their career is short enough - it is also perfectly understandable for fans to want the best for the club ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE.

With the above in mind my position is simple. If you're not willing to take the pay cut required to keep everyone in a job, meaning redundancies are therefore inevitable, then you should be first out the door.

Before I get lambasted for not knowing the ins and outs, this is of course if it is correct that pay cuts have been refused. Also note that I don't blame the players involved (whoever they are/if any) one iota, but facts are simple if you're not doing what's required then there's no place for you.

The ones who should be the last to go are the ones offering to play for free/take the wage hit.

I think we should wait and see what happens. We are getting ourselves stressed out and falling out over things on this forum. It's understandable given the uncertainty of our situation but ultimately it does no good. Let's all pull together and ensure that our club comes out of this, bigger,better and stronger!

I have to agree in a way. While it is always sad for people to lose their jobs, i've kind of come round to the idea that cutting out some deadwood, while costly for the present, is not exactly the worst idea. In the long run, purely looking at it for the good of the club and getting the wage bill down, i'd probably not lose too much sleep if we lost Ortiz, Broadfoot, Healy, Little, Kerkar, to name but a few. Not a nice situation but thems the breaks.

Fact is, if we get everyone to take a bump on their wages, how long will the big players stick around for when they could be earning significantly more down south?

Brilliant idea get rid of two off our already threadbare strike force I agree cuts will most likely happen but strikers need to be kept because we have so few of them.

Also guys like Kerkar, Little, Wylde, Hutton McCabe etc will most likely be key players when the cuts do happen as they will be on fairly low wages.

Brilliant idea get rid of two off our already threadbare strike force I agree cuts will most likely happen but strikers need to be kept because we have so few of them.

Also guys like Kerkar, Little, Wylde, Hutton McCabe etc will most likely be key players when the cuts do happen as they will be on fairly low wages.

Don't get me wrong, i've been an advocate of Kerkar for a while, maybe I wouldn't cull him, i'd still lose the rest i mentioned though. We are definitely short on strikers but frankly, I don't think it matters what happens this season. So if we ditched all our strikers, i'd happily watch some kids from the youth set up playing up front for the rest of the season. I'd be happy to have Kerkar, McCabe, Hutton and Wylde in our team next season, the young players will do fine. Still don't reckon Little is worth keeping though. Also wonder whether, despite his obvious talents, Jamie Ness will be kept on. Not really a time where we can afford to keep a guy on our books who's a perma-crock

Players have came up with this; (Source is SSN Twitter)

Highest earners take a 75% Wage Cut

Middle earners take a 50% Wage Cut

Lowest earners take a 25% Wage Cut

-Until when I don't know.

Surely this will save a few bob.

That's been about all day. Dunno whether it will convince the administrators

I think we should wait and see what happens. We are getting ourselves stressed out and falling out over things on this forum. It's understandable given the uncertainty of our situation but ultimately it does no good. Let's all pull together and ensure that our club comes out of this, bigger,better and stronger!

Who the fuck is Frazzo who has negative repped me? Maybe it's the priest hanging out your arse that's doing your brain in WANKER!! :wanker:

Was talking to one of the editing team from the sun earlier,and he was saying the word around the office is that the admin have accepted the deal put to them but want to wait till tomorrow to announce it.

Lets hope this is true , from the admin statement earlier they did say a proposal was made and they would think about it overnight.

Lets hope this is true , from the admin statement earlier they did say a proposal was made and they would think about it overnight.

I'm certainly hoping so. We are going to need every player available to us from now till the end of the season.