Rivals - Rangers & Celtic

scottyc06

Whilst its not very nice viewing, its intended for a wider audience than BBC Scotland I think. Any neutral observer watching that, particularly in the south of Britain, would have seen them for what they are.......IRA loving gobshytes who hate their own country. They come across as the horrible shower of cunts they really are. Letting their guard down for the cameras, whereas Rangers fans appear to be a lot more wary of being recorded, due to recent previous experiences.

Whatever the film crew were intending, I think the taigs come out of this a lot worse than they like to have themselves portrayed.

Aye - they do come off as the same rabble we all know and loathe , but to me it sums up everything else that comes out of the media nowadays - rheptiles manipulating yet another young media hack and the same media hack finding the loopiest Gers supporter he could as his main mouthpiece for the blue side of the story. Not good enough, imho.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst its not very nice viewing, its intended for a wider audience than BBC Scotland I think. Any neutral observer watching that, particularly in the south of Britain, would have seen them for what they are.......IRA loving gobshytes who hate their own country. They come across as the horrible shower of cunts they really are. Letting their guard down for the cameras, whereas Rangers fans appear to be a lot more wary of being recorded, due to recent previous experiences.

Whatever the film crew were intending, I think the taigs come out of this a lot worse than they like to have themselves portrayed.

Aye - they do come off as the same rabble we all know and loathe , but to me it sums up everything else that comes out of the media nowadays - rheptiles manipulating yet another young media hack and the same media hack finding the loopiest Gers supporter he could as his main mouthpiece for the blue side of the story. Not good enough, imho.

Some of you seem to have missed the point of the documentary. He was trying to discover if the rivalry was as bad as made out in the media and portrayed this by trying to finding the worst of each club. He concludes the rivalry is not as bad as made out by the media and agrees with the supporters that no government intervention is needed.

Some of you seem to have missed the point of the documentary. He was trying to discover if the rivalry was as bad as made out in the media and portrayed this by trying to finding the worst of each club. He concludes the rivalry is not as bad as made out by the media and agrees with the supporters that no government intervention is needed.

Get your point but why show a Hearts fan attacking lemmon, nothing to do with us.

I couldn't agree more.

The two men we had speaking for Rangers was that fucking moron Abdul, and a retarded thug. Both as thick as a fucking post.

In what way does that represent Rangers to the whole nation?

Hatchet job again.

Hmm depends what IRA, one were a terrorist organisation proclaimed as freedom fighters but did not keep their tactics to hitting only the millitary in fact mostly poor civies were killed, the other were an army in the early 20th centuary who fought a legitimate war, whatever we think of that war, so I'd like to think tims sing about the later rather the offensive former. Is their country not Britian? Should they not fly the union flag as well as the tricolour? I see no reason why they should not do both, if they did perhaps rangers fans would grow to like em? HMFC: the best club that their is. Ps anyone here been to Londonderry?

Mostly idiots of the highest order from both sets of fans tbh.

Also can remember a heated debate i had on here with someone who was adamant Denny was not predominately full of tarriers.

Hope he watched the documentary, and maybe changes his mind.

I am from Stirlingshire originally, and always believed Denny to be a staunch Rangers stronghold. Please tell me this town hasnt gone over to the darkside.

I watched all 5 parts and in summary it comes out that the Tims are all IRA loving plastic paddy twats and that Abdul has a serious mental illness. The English lad was OK, you can hardly expect him to not try to fit it when he is in a pub or on a bus packed with taigs, only an idiot would square up.

I am from Stirlingshire originally, and always believed Denny to be a staunch Rangers stronghold. Please tell me this town hasnt gone over to the darkside.

Imo it is 70% taigs now, only 1 gers pub, and the rest are full of tims.

Also the pub featured in the documentary regularly holds pro IRA nights.

the most typical rangers fan they could find is a muslim right wing fascist? This was a fail before it even started.

yeah, but anyone watching that will just rubbish and disregard everything and anything he says. in these types of documentaries people look to make stereotypes - they look for the "typical rangers/celtic" fan. Imo the documentary painted the typical celtic fan as dim witted IRA-loving bigots who like to shout "fuck the H***" or chant '6million jews and it should have been the proddies'. Nobody is going to assume all gers fans are right wing muslims with football banning orders for shouting fuck the p*pe and the watering cans.

Abdul didnt show us or our fans in a bad light, he only showed himself in a bad light. He's a one off, a hanger-on, and is seen as such.

The guy that owns the Louden sums THEM up perfectly IMO when he says "the delusion of being Irish"

It honestly Fries my brain trying to understand it.... You are British, You were born in Britain and grew up in the Gallowgate yet They shout "BRITS OUT" "IRA" And fly Ireland flags and shout fuck yer union jack???

I don't get it personally but here here.... Let them be their happy munching their kiddies dessert :P

(tu)

One of THEM, imagines a Rangers fan, about 18 stone, greasy hair, not been washed in a few days. Then the camera swivels round and there's a fat beadrattling, unwashed, baldy bastard standing there singing. :lol:

ha what a shower of fucken minks

The guy that owns the Louden sums THEM up perfectly IMO when he says "the delusion of being Irish"

It honestly Fries my brain trying to understand it.... You are British, You were born in Britain and grew up in the Gallowgate yet They shout "BRITS OUT" "IRA" And fly Ireland flags and shout fuck yer union jack???

I don't get it personally but here here.... Let them be their happy munching their kiddies dessert :P

While i agree to the utmost with what your saying, u can kinda see why they fall into that pseudo irish thing. I know i'll get pelters for it but i think its a lot the same as me going to games and singing about ulster. I just join in with the banter to wind them up but i honestly couldnt give a fuck about Ulster, NI or anywhere else in Britain. Im a Rangers fan who is Scottish and British but im not protestant or much bothered about whether ireland is british or not. I guess what im saying i guess like me a lot of them just singalong but dnt actually care.

That being said i hate the majority of the dirty manky fuckers. I just look forward to the days where i can sing that and its about all about Rangers and not religion or politics. R.T.I.D Bring on sunday :21:

Having visited the forums for some time but have held my tongue on most topics but when I watched this 'documentary' I couldn’t resist joining just to voice my disgust. Having studied journalism, I have to say in my opinion, this so called unbiased reporter spends 90% of the time with Celtic fans, on their bus, in their pubs, etc, and one of the few times he was at Ibrox he said something about he was going to leave before he got beaten up??

Anyone who says 'oh he had to integrate with them', there is a difference between being there and having the time of your life, and the many shots of him in the pub listening to the songs and comments against Rangers, he is loving it, giggling and laughing, and to me that is extremely distasteful as a unbiased observer. The majority of the show is in my opinion very biased against Rangers, it was in the main, very negative towards Rangers, could he not have found anyone else to represent Rangers than the people he found? I'm sure someone like Sandy Jardine etc would have been happy to give an interview to give a better representation of our club. The constant focus on the Manchester riots and casually blanking out the faces of the people singing about the IRA. The people who you can, see singing and saying vile comments in the pub I’m sure to this day have not been banned or arrested for their actions, but Rangers have flags with King Billy on them...???

Having visited the forums for some time but have held my tongue on most topics but when I watched this 'documentary' I couldn’t resist joining just to voice my disgust. Having studied journalism, I have to say in my opinion, this so called unbiased reporter spends 90% of the time with Celtic fans, on their bus, in their pubs, etc, and one of the few times he was at Ibrox he said something about he was going to leave before he got beaten up??

Anyone who says 'oh he had to integrate with them', there is a difference between being there and having the time of your life, and the many shots of him in the pub listening to the songs and comments against Rangers, he is loving it, giggling and laughing, and to me that is extremely distasteful as a unbiased observer. The majority of the show is in my opinion very biased against Rangers, it was in the main, very negative towards Rangers, could he not have found anyone else to represent Rangers than the people he found? I'm sure someone like Sandy Jardine etc would have been happy to give an interview to give a better representation of our club. The constant focus on the Manchester riots and casually blanking out the faces of the people singing about the IRA. The people who you can, see singing and saying vile comments in the pub I’m sure to this day have not been banned or arrested for their actions, but Rangers have flags with King Billy on them...???

Absolutely spot on. (tu)

Having visited the forums for some time but have held my tongue on most topics but when I watched this 'documentary' I couldn't resist joining just to voice my disgust. Having studied journalism, I have to say in my opinion, this so called unbiased reporter spends 90% of the time with Celtic fans, on their bus, in their pubs, etc, and one of the few times he was at Ibrox he said something about he was going to leave before he got beaten up??

Anyone who says 'oh he had to integrate with them', there is a difference between being there and having the time of your life, and the many shots of him in the pub listening to the songs and comments against Rangers, he is loving it, giggling and laughing, and to me that is extremely distasteful as a unbiased observer. The majority of the show is in my opinion very biased against Rangers, it was in the main, very negative towards Rangers, could he not have found anyone else to represent Rangers than the people he found? I'm sure someone like Sandy Jardine etc would have been happy to give an interview to give a better representation of our club. The constant focus on the Manchester riots and casually blanking out the faces of the people singing about the IRA. The people who you can, see singing and saying vile comments in the pub I'm sure to this day have not been banned or arrested for their actions, but Rangers have flags with King Billy on them...???

I agree with that and although i enjoyed the documentary

it seemed that it wasnt a 50/50 piece which came across .

The Hooliganism piece which danny dyer has been documented on his sky series

didnt need to be included - why not involve normal fans didnt see many rangers fans getting interviewed ?

Just like danny dyer he went to celtics ground and not inside ibrox on old firm day

and the unbalanced documentary fell on its arse through this action. nice try but must try harder

If he had done a london version documentary - go to upton park west ham but fail to go to millwall the den ?

What annoys me is some of the idiots who cling to Rangers will watch this and see him as some sort of mascot-ish type person.

Bumped into him in near Fir Park today, handing out photocopies of newspaper articles of himself getting charged with sectarian singing :lol: He's not right.