Is Auchenhowie starting to produce the goods?

Buzz

With the solid performance of young McCabe today, we have even more cause for celebration. It looks as if, yet again, Auchenhowie (I refuse to use its other name) has produced a quality central midfielder.

If we are to think a bit and plan ahead for a couple of seasons, is it so unrealistic to have a midfield trio of:

McCabe Ness

Fleck

Think about it.

Two holding midfielders, comfortable in possession, both with an excellent range of passing, but also great at keeping and utilizing the ball. I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but does that not sound reminiscent of a certain Mr Ferguson?

That's not even including Kyle Hutton, who it could be argued is more of a tackler, or 'destroyer' as it's called abroad. That would be a most useful trait for bigger European games.

Now let's look up top. Andy Little, whilst not highly rated by many, is knocking in goals for us, and Kane Hemmings looks to be a real talent. Back at the other end of the pitch, we already know Perry has what it takes to step up and be a great centre back.

I may be getting ahead of myself here.. but I'm quite excited for the future, and I think Auchenhowie is finally starting to produce the goods. Is this the spine of the team that Gazza was talking about?

Still a long way to go before we can call Auchenhowie a success.

McCabe and Ness are really good prospects who have shown they can more than match anyone when they have been called inot 1st team action.

Fleck and Hutton I am not very sure on as not seen enough of Hutton while Fleck has been in and out without making much of an impact. Perry has looked good and I think he can become a good centre half for us.

As I said in the other thread.

Unfortunately, I've been told there's been a drastic change recently in our youth training for the worse. You could definitely argue that regardless, because we're 5th place in the u-19s table and 16 points from the top.

I believe it was to do with Adams leaving and Sinclair being appointed director of youth? If I recall correctly, I read this from the poster who updates us on the youth wordpress.

I will agree though, the current crop of youth is rather good.

It takes a long time for any youth policy to produce the goods. A midfield with Ness, Fleck and McCabe with Hutton to come in could be a great line up but it all depends on if the players can show any kind of consistency which so far Fleck in particular has failed to do. Add in Perry & Cole and we're doing not too badly, although as has been pointed out the current crop of kids seem to be gash so thats something that needs to be sorted. But at least, if these guys are actuallly given a chance, it's a start in the right direction.

Sad thing is over the years we hve had really good youngsters, that never got the 1st team exposure, The likes of Ness, McCabe have been given the chance due to circumstance. Going back the 90's we have had Derek Rae, John Morrow, Shaun Rouse (cpt Englang under 19) Levi Stephen.

It is starting to look like it could become very successful in the future in my opinion we have always produced decent players but they haven't been given a chance though recently we have produced.

The Adam brothers, Wylde, Ness, Perry, Cole, McCabe, both Hutton's, Hemmings, Little, Shinnie, Stirling amoungst others.

That is a fantastic return on players with more still going to be coming through in the future as well.

Not sure when Hemmings has showed any evidence to be this real talent, don't think he or Hutton are good enough for us.

McCabe, Ness, Perry are the future, Wylde would have been as well.

Don't see Fleck making it at Rangers, McCabe is the star of the youth and I mentioned that on here before today's game. Fantastic performance, better than Ness in the cup game against the scum.

I think a midfield 3 of Hutton as a Jeremy Toualan style destroying midfielder, Jamie Ness as a Kim Kallstrom style link player and Rhys McCabe as a Juninho Pembrucano creator would be ideal for the future.

I sometimes think all they need is a chance

Agree. Some are getting a chance down south and seem to be doing alright, McCormack has bagged 17 goals for a pretty average team. Now is the perfect opportunity to give them the chance.

The obvious problem with Ness is his unfortunate injury record.

But I think another problem could be that he is shaped into a player that he isn't. McCoist or any of the coaches for that matter may try to carve him from the player he was when he first came onto the scene into something a little different. Thats what I have been seeing when watching him play his last few games.

Though this could easily be down to match fitness and gametime being required for him to improve his form.